Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 334

Thread: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

  1. #1
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,371
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Source in L.A. says the Laker/Pacer trade is getting close.

    According to reports Andrew Bynum will not be part of the trade.

    Basic trade will be Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown , Sasha Vujacic and #19 for Jermaine O'Neal and Jamaal Tinsley.

    Personally if this happens I think Bird and Walsh are getting screwed a 2nd straight trade. If this trade occurs its time to fire both Walsh and Bird.

    We don't get the young foundation center and give away our franchise player and our starting point guard for an expiring contract- an unhappy Odom and a mediocre pick. Hopefully the source is wrong.

    If it occurs I can't wait for the crap Bird tries to feed us.
    Last edited by diamonddave00; 06-11-2007 at 04:37 PM.

  2. #2
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,629

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    That trade would SUCK.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  3. #3
    Member OnlyPacersLeft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    94
    Posts
    3,098

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    omg this source better be the most unreliable source in history...are you kidding me!? why!? you get no potential at all in that trade! 19 will suck despite what people think. Kwame brown SUCKS already and will always suck...Vujacic is NOT going to EVER be a good PG and Lamar Odom will be gone in 2 years! wooooooow....That will be one tough pill to swallow.
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

  4. #4
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,699

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    If this happens I will sit on a fence and wait till someone is smart enough to send Bird (and Walsh to since he has to sign of on it) packing straight to Boston, for I will most certainly not come to Indy during the remainder of his days, I have better ways of spending my poverty
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  5. #5
    Member OnlyPacersLeft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    94
    Posts
    3,098

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    now that i think about it...that reminds me of the golden state trade all over...LOL
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

  6. #6
    I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    RoboBoston
    Posts
    829

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Eh, I'll believe it when I see it, as usual.
    Narf!

  7. #7
    10 - 32 - 50 31andonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,580

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Please not, OMG, such a trade will kill the whole franchise and fan base!
    Thank you Jeff.

  8. #8
    Opps I farted! Smashed_Potato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Potato Island - USA!
    Posts
    431

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    I don't believe this i think Bynum will be in the trade.
    "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe." - Anatole France

  9. #9
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,754

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robobtowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eh, I'll believe it when I see it, as usual.
    ditto...

    that being said, if the deal goes down the way that reads i will spend at least the 07-08 season sobbing in the fetal position.
    This is the darkest timeline.

  10. #10
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Source in L.A. says the Laker/Pacer trade is getting close.

    According to reports Andrew Bynum will not be part of the trade.

    Basic trade will be Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown , Sasha Vujacic and #19 for Jermaine O'Neal and Jamaal Tinsley.

    Personally if this happens I think Bird and Walsh are getting screwed a 2nd straight trade. If this trade occurs its time to fire both Walsh and Bird.

    We don't get the young foundation center and give away our franchise player and our starting point guard for an expiring contract- an unhappy Odom and a mediocre pick. Hopefully the source is wrong.

    If it occurs I can't wait for the crap Bird tries to feed us.
    If this is true, be prepared for a PFFL-level rant from yours truly.

    I'm not even joking.

    Everyone has been warned.

  11. #11
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Sources in LA = that's what LA hopes Indy will take.

    But they won't. TPTB would get crucified for taking that deal. We'd be better off sending Jermaine to New York or Atlanta.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  12. #12
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Quote Originally Posted by 31andonly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please not, OMG, such a trade will kill the whole franchise and fan base!
    Yes, it would.

    There's just no way that ANYONE, let alone an NBA front office, would be this stupid.

    Right?

    Right?

    Hello?

  13. #13
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Wow, this would be a pretty bad trade. The Lakers are up against the wall..not us.

    This is a horrible trade for us.

  14. #14
    Opps I farted! Smashed_Potato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Potato Island - USA!
    Posts
    431

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    This is not true guys ANDREW BYNUM will be in the deal.
    "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe." - Anatole France

  15. #15
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyPacersLeft View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    now that i think about it...that reminds me of the golden state trade all over...LOL
    This is about a million times worse than the GS trade.

    There is no silver lining to this deal. None.

  16. #16
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,559

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robobtowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eh, I'll believe it when I see it, as usual.
    I know its all based off of rumors and we really don't have any real proof until it happens....but I will lose all confidence in whoever is running the show....whether it is Bird, DW or both.

    If there is a shred of truth to this...and if one of the reason why we can't get Bynum is because TPTB insist on Tinsley ( or a bad contract ) be moved with JONeal, then I will be p*ssed.

    You can put me on you "Ignore List" cuz I am being "negative" and simply reacting to DiamondDave's post......but If we don't get back Bynum.......then it will prove to me that we need a new Front office cuz our current one ABSOLUTELY SUCKS.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  17. #17
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is about a million times worse than the GS trade.

    There is no silver lining to this deal. None.
    Let it go, man. The guy admits that he has no sources in the Indy front office, and this is coming out of LA. That's a reasonable position for LA: they want to hold on to Bynum. But it's not going to get a deal done.

    The deal won't go down as presented in this thread. Bank it.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  18. #18
    Member Ant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SA town
    Age
    34
    Posts
    203

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    I dont think there is any way we make this deal. Hopefully the front office will realize that they would be better off just keeping JO instead of signing off on this trade. Like others have said, the Lakers are up against the wall not us. Include Bynum or the talks are off.

    The Wally Champ is back !!

    Follow me on Twitter! @Hookjaw_Rox

  19. #19
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,935

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Does getting rid of Tinsley cost that much? Is it worth that to some of you? To me...it is not worth it at all and I would feel that managment is just running the franchise into the ground!

    If that is the deal, I would hope that this isn't the deal. Anyway, who would play point guard, and don't tell me Daniels. It's hard to count on a guy that is "that" injury prone, but then again...we did that with Tinsley last year...so who knows!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  20. #20
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,559

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sources in LA = that's what LA hopes Indy will take.

    But they won't. TPTB would get crucified for taking that deal. We'd be better off sending Jermaine to New York or Atlanta.
    With the way the GSW Trade turned out....I am not entirely confident that TPTB wouldn't do this deal JUST TO MOVE a player like Tinsley.

    We have taken less in a deal just to move "undesireable" players that TPTB don't want.......I don't see how this is any different.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  21. #21
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let it go, man. The guy admits that he has no sources in the Indy front office, and this is coming out of LA. That's a reasonable position for LA: they want to hold on to Bynum. But it's not going to get a deal done.

    The deal won't go down as presented in this thread. Bank it.
    Which is why I qualified my initial reaction with "if."

    Btw, if this "source" happens to be Hacksaw, that guy is as unreliable as they come.

  22. #22
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With the way the GSW Trade turned out....I am not entirely confident that TPTB wouldn't do this deal JUST TO MOVE a player like Tinsley.

    We have taken less in a deal just to move "undesireable" players that TPTB don't want.......I don't see how this is any different.
    Including Harrington is different from including Jermaine. There's no reason to do this deal: we can get a much better price later in the summer.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  23. #23
    Opps I farted! Smashed_Potato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Potato Island - USA!
    Posts
    431

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    DD, who is this LA Source? because its simply not true Bynum is gonna be in the deal.
    "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe." - Anatole France

  24. #24
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which is why I qualified my initial reaction with "if."

    Btw, if this "source" happens to be Hacksaw, that guy is as unreliable as they come.
    Might you go so far as to call.... shenanigans?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  25. #25
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,559

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let it go, man. The guy admits that he has no sources in the Indy front office, and this is coming out of LA. That's a reasonable position for LA: they want to hold on to Bynum. But it's not going to get a deal done.

    The deal won't go down as presented in this thread. Bank it.
    What guy are you referring to?

    Is there some link to some Post/Blog that's not listed here in the thread?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •