Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pacer/Laker trade nears?

Source in L.A. says the Laker/Pacer trade is getting close.

According to reports Andrew Bynum will not be part of the trade.

Basic trade will be Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown , Sasha Vujacic and #19 for Jermaine O'Neal and Jamaal Tinsley.

Personally if this happens I think Bird and Walsh are getting screwed a 2nd straight trade. If this trade occurs its time to fire both Walsh and Bird.

We don't get the young foundation center and give away our franchise player and our starting point guard for an expiring contract- an unhappy Odom and a mediocre pick. Hopefully the source is wrong.

If it occurs I can't wait for the crap Bird tries to feed us.
    Last edited by diamonddave00; 06-11-2007 at 04:37 PM.

Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

That trade would SUCK.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

omg this source better be the most unreliable source in history...are you kidding me!? why!? you get no potential at all in that trade! 19 will suck despite what people think. Kwame brown SUCKS already and will always suck...Vujacic is NOT going to EVER be a good PG and Lamar Odom will be gone in 2 years! wooooooow....That will be one tough pill to swallow.
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

If this happens I will sit on a fence and wait till someone is smart enough to send Bird (and Walsh to since he has to sign of on it) packing straight to Boston, for I will most certainly not come to Indy during the remainder of his days, I have better ways of spending my poverty
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

now that i think about it...that reminds me of the golden state trade all over...LOL
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar

Eh, I'll believe it when I see it, as usual.
    Narf!

Please not, OMG, such a trade will kill the whole franchise and fan base!
    Thank you Jeff.

I don't believe this i think Bynum will be in the trade.
    "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe." - Anatole France

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Robobtowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ditto...

that being said, if the deal goes down the way that reads i will spend at least the 07-08 season sobbing in the fetal position.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    Source in L.A. says the Laker/Pacer trade is getting close.

According to reports Andrew Bynum will not be part of the trade.

Basic trade will be Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown , Sasha Vujacic and #19 for Jermaine O'Neal and Jamaal Tinsley.

Personally if this happens I think Bird and Walsh are getting screwed a 2nd straight trade. If this trade occurs its time to fire both Walsh and Bird.

We don't get the young foundation center and give away our franchise player and our starting point guard for an expiring contract- an unhappy Odom and a mediocre pick. Hopefully the source is wrong.

If it occurs I can't wait for the crap Bird tries to feed us.
    If this is true, be prepared for a PFFL-level rant from yours truly.

I'm not even joking.

Everyone has been warned.

Sources in LA = that's what LA hopes Indy will take.

But they won't. TPTB would get crucified for taking that deal. We'd be better off sending Jermaine to New York or Atlanta.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by 31andonly View Post
    Please not, OMG, such a trade will kill the whole franchise and fan base!
    Yes, it would.

There's just no way that ANYONE, let alone an NBA front office, would be this stupid.

Right?

Right?

Hello?

Wow, this would be a pretty bad trade. The Lakers are up against the wall..not us.

This is a horrible trade for us.

This is not true guys ANDREW BYNUM will be in the deal.
    "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe." - Anatole France

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyPacersLeft View Post
    now that i think about it...that reminds me of the golden state trade all over...LOL
    This is about a million times worse than the GS trade.

There is no silver lining to this deal. None.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Robobtowncolt View Post
    I know its all based off of rumors and we really don't have any real proof until it happens....but I will lose all confidence in whoever is running the show....whether it is Bird, DW or both.

If there is a shred of truth to this...and if one of the reason why we can't get Bynum is because TPTB insist on Tinsley ( or a bad contract ) be moved with JONeal, then I will be p*ssed.

You can put me on you "Ignore List" cuz I am being "negative" and simply reacting to DiamondDave's post......but If we don't get back Bynum.......then it will prove to me that we need a new Front office cuz our current one ABSOLUTELY SUCKS.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    This is about a million times worse than the GS trade.

There is no silver lining to this deal. None.
    Let it go, man. The guy admits that he has no sources in the Indy front office, and this is coming out of LA. That's a reasonable position for LA: they want to hold on to Bynum. But it's not going to get a deal done.

The deal won't go down as presented in this thread. Bank it.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I dont think there is any way we make this deal. Hopefully the front office will realize that they would be better off just keeping JO instead of signing off on this trade. Like others have said, the Lakers are up against the wall not us. Include Bynum or the talks are off.

The Wally Champ is back !!

Follow me on Twitter! @Hookjaw_Rox

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Does getting rid of Tinsley cost that much? Is it worth that to some of you? To me...it is not worth it at all and I would feel that managment is just running the franchise into the ground!

If that is the deal, I would hope that this isn't the deal. Anyway, who would play point guard, and don't tell me Daniels. It's hard to count on a guy that is "that" injury prone, but then again...we did that with Tinsley last year...so who knows!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Sources in LA = that's what LA hopes Indy will take.

But they won't. TPTB would get crucified for taking that deal. We'd be better off sending Jermaine to New York or Atlanta.
    With the way the GSW Trade turned out....I am not entirely confident that TPTB wouldn't do this deal JUST TO MOVE a player like Tinsley.

We have taken less in a deal just to move "undesireable" players that TPTB don't want.......I don't see how this is any different.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Let it go, man. The guy admits that he has no sources in the Indy front office, and this is coming out of LA. That's a reasonable position for LA: they want to hold on to Bynum. But it's not going to get a deal done.

Which is why I qualified my initial reaction with "if."

Btw, if this "source" happens to be Hacksaw, that guy is as unreliable as they come.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    With the way the GSW Trade turned out....I am not entirely confident that TPTB wouldn't do this deal JUST TO MOVE a player like Tinsley.

We have taken less in a deal just to move "undesireable" players that TPTB don't want.......I don't see how this is any different.
    Including Harrington is different from including Jermaine. There's no reason to do this deal: we can get a much better price later in the summer.

Enjoy your time at PD!

DD, who is this LA Source? because its simply not true Bynum is gonna be in the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    Which is why I qualified my initial reaction with "if."

Btw, if this "source" happens to be Hacksaw, that guy is as unreliable as they come.
    Might you go so far as to call.... shenanigans?

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo

What guy are you referring to?

Is there some link to some Post/Blog that's not listed here in the thread?