Thread: My Perfect Offseason (LAL, Boston, SAN)

Default My Perfect Offseason (LAL, Boston, SAN)

Ok, this is fun. We are here:

Foster / Murphy / Hulk
    JO / Ike / Baston
    Granger / Shawne
    Quis / Dun / Rawle
    Tins / DA / McLeod / Greene

-----------------------
    Ok, we start with the much-discussed LA trade, albeit with a twist:

JO/Murphy/Greene/Harrison
    for
    Odom/Bynum/Kwame/#40/#48

The Lakers keep their draft pick and all their young talent not named Bynum, and get our starting frontcourt of JO and Murphy. We then flip Odom to Boston. They like Tinsley and hate Wally, so we throw them in.

Odom/Tinsley/Quis
    for
    Wally/Ratliff/#5

I'd also go for the Foster-to-San Antonio trade that DD thought up (for Barry/#26/White).

That puts us here:
    ------------------------
    Ratliff / Bynum / ?
    Kwame / Ike / Baston
    Granger / Shawne / ?
    Wally / Dun / Barry
    ? / ? / McLeod

and we'd have 4 picks: 5 and 26 in the first round and 40 and 48 in the second. If 5 is Conley, then all of the sudden we're in business. I'd still love to ship out Dun, possibly along with an expiring contract and some draft picks. But that would give us a young team (VERY young, in fact) with a really good future.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Anthem; 06-14-2007 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Soup's Sanity
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: My Perfect Offseason (LAL, Boston, SAN)

You never had us getting the 19
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Can/does Ratliff play anymore?

I'm against an Odom/Tinsley for Wally trade (no matter who the #5 pick is), but it's interesting to see how much we could change this offseason.

streets ahead

no ratliff will probably never play another NBA minute. he was out most of last season with a back injury and hasn't had a productive season for a while. he'd just be an exp. contract and will probably retire instead of reporting like brian grant. i could be wrong though.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no ratliff will probably never play another NBA minute. he was out most of last season with a back injury and hasn't had a productive season for a while. he'd just be an exp. contract and will probably retire instead of reporting like brian grant. i could be wrong though.
    Yup, agree.

Frees up more frontcourt minutes.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

This is driving me crazy. We wouldn't have five picks, we'd have four. I click on here everytime and I see it.... AAHH!! :headexplosion:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

just for the sake of soup's sanity...

anthem, you have us getting #40 and #48 from the lakers, #5 from boston, and #26 from san antonio. we're not getting #19 according to you... so that's 4 picks, not 5.

Gaahhhh!! :headexplosion: I. Keep. Clicking. The. Thread!!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I see it as plausible until the end.

I just don't the SAS giving up on a young player AND giving us a first round pick, albiet a later pick, for Foster. I just don't see them doing it.

Other than that I like what I see.

streets ahead

does SAS need to include white in that trade or can it just be barry & pick for foster?
    This is the darkest timeline.

Fine, happy now?

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    does SAS need to include white in that trade or can it just be barry & pick for foster?
    Doesn't feel like a fair trade to me.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Fine, happy now?
    You have NO idea!

Clicking this thread became like a compulsion... it was unhealthy... but now I can finally move on...

In that deal, Boston does well IMO. Send one of Green, West, Allen our way, and it is more even.

Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    In that deal, Boston does well IMO. Send one of Green, West, Allen our way, and it is more even.
    Sounds great to me, but Boston gets jobbed in that trade. Besides, if we did all this we'd have plenty of youth. I'd rather try picking up some savvy vets.

Enjoy your time at PD!