Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 67

Thread: OK, let's talk Chris Duhon and Jarrett Jack

  1. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    553

    Default Re: OK, let's talk Chris Duhon and Jarrett Jack

    Duhon is garbage. 0 interest in him. I don't mind Jack though.

  2. #27
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,411

    Default Re: OK, let's talk Chris Duhon and Jarrett Jack

    Call me crazy, but I'd rather trade Granger for Jack than Shawne for Jack. I guess that's just me being higher on Shawne than I am on Danny. But to be honest, I'm not that high on Jack or Duhon. I'm higher on Steve Blake than all of them combined. I believe he's available isn't he?

  3. #28
    Get well PG! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,762

    Default Re: OK, let's talk Chris Duhon and Jarrett Jack

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jack is certainly the safer choice, and is a much more rounded offensive player than Duhon.

    I would welcome Duhon as well just for the defensive improvement, but jeez we would need a perimeter shooter with him more than ever because I think he is even a worse shooter than Tinsley.
    Duhon is actually a pretty good 3-point shooter (.358 career). Far better than Tinsley. Tinsley is probably better at creating his own shot though.

  4. #29
    Get well PG! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,762

    Default Re: OK, let's talk Chris Duhon and Jarrett Jack

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpolloloco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the asking price for Duhon will be Diogu, who can become their low post threat. I'm not sure I would do that one on one but maybe by extending the deal we could pull it through.

    Something like

    Ike
    Harrison
    Greene

    for

    Duhon
    Sefolosha
    Bulls 2007 #2 pick

    We get some new backcourt players and a pick which we could use to draft a big guy to replace Harrison.
    Are you saying without trading Jermaine? Because if Jermaine goes, this deal leaves you with zero low post presence.

  5. #30
    Get well PG! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,762

    Default Re: OK, let's talk Chris Duhon and Jarrett Jack

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like Shawne a lot.

    But if they'd take Shawne straight up for Jack, I'd do that in a heartbeat. There's no way they would, of course. But depending on the cost, I'd be ok adding to that in order to land J.Jack.
    For Shawne Williams? No way!

  6. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,388

    Default Re: OK, let's talk Chris Duhon and Jarrett Jack

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan_The_Dude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Call me crazy, but I'd rather trade Granger for Jack than Shawne for Jack. I guess that's just me being higher on Shawne than I am on Danny. But to be honest, I'm not that high on Jack or Duhon. I'm higher on Steve Blake than all of them combined. I believe he's available isn't he?
    Yeah, all this talk about Jack is making me nauseous. The Blake guy looked good against San Antonio (in the limited minutes he got). And he was a free agent last I checked. And what about Travis Diener...? Guy ain't worth a shot at all? He's better than Orien Greene.

  7. #32
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: OK, let's talk Chris Duhon and Jarrett Jack

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybegood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For Shawne Williams? No way!
    You wouldn't trade a third-string small forward for a starting point guard?

    Explain the logic behind that one.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  8. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: OK, let's talk Chris Duhon and Jarrett Jack

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd hope so. Starting star forward for a backup PG?

    I don't think there's a workable offer there, though, unless we wanted Zach R. back.
    I don't think I'd trade Odom for him either but since when is Jack a backup?
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  9. #34

    Default Re: OK, let's talk Chris Duhon and Jarrett Jack

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybegood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you saying without trading Jermaine? Because if Jermaine goes, this deal leaves you with zero low post presence.
    Yeah I guess a deal consisting of Harrison/Tinsley for Duhon/Sweetney/2007 2nd rnd pick looks better for us.

    We finally get rid of Tinsley and get 2 expiring contracts back.

    This trade gives us the opportunity to trade JO for either a starting SG or a big C like Bynum.
    Maceo Baston's #1 fan on Pacers Digest!

  10. #35
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,959

    Default Re: OK, let's talk Chris Duhon and Jarrett Jack

    Skiles would kill Tinsley. Just murder him.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  11. #36

    Default Re: OK, let's talk Chris Duhon and Jarrett Jack

    So?
    Maceo Baston's #1 fan on Pacers Digest!

  12. #37
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,959

    Default Re: OK, let's talk Chris Duhon and Jarrett Jack

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpolloloco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So?
    I don't see a team making a trade that'll lead to their coach ending up in prison.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  13. #38
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,537

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: OK, let's talk Chris Duhon and Jarrett Jack

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan_The_Dude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Call me crazy, but I'd rather trade Granger for Jack than Shawne for Jack. I guess that's just me being higher on Shawne than I am on Danny. But to be honest, I'm not that high on Jack or Duhon. I'm higher on Steve Blake than all of them combined. I believe he's available isn't he?
    Blake is a Free Agent....but we're not spending any money and I'm not sure what the Nuggets would want from the Pacers that we can give up in any S&T deal.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  14. #39
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,150

    Default Re: OK, let's talk Chris Duhon and Jarrett Jack

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Skiles would kill Tinsley. Just murder him.
    I don't want anything to happen to Tinsley, but I would part with a lot of money to see Tinsley in a Bulls Uni taking direction from Skiles.

  15. #40
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,959

    Default Re: OK, let's talk Chris Duhon and Jarrett Jack

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't want anything to happen to Tinsley, but I would part with a lot of money to see Tinsley in a Bulls Uni taking direction from Skiles.
    Oh, I believe Tinsley could benefit from a firm hand, but we're talking about the guy who went after Shaq in practice. After 5 minutes Skiles would go Sprewell on him.

    As for your viewing pleasure, wouldn't you rather see Tinsley and Phil Jackson in the reality show I've been pimping?
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  16. #41
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: OK, let's talk Chris Duhon and Jarrett Jack

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think I'd trade Odom for him either but since when is Jack a backup?
    I thought the assumption was that he'd be backing up Sergio next year?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  17. #42
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,627

    Default Re: OK, let's talk Chris Duhon and Jarrett Jack

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As for your viewing pleasure, wouldn't you rather see Tinsley and Phil Jackson in the reality show I've been pimping?
    Only if Artest is in the cast.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  18. #43
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,754

    Default Re: OK, let's talk Chris Duhon and Jarrett Jack

    can we have jackson, tinsley and artest chauffeured by eddie griffin?

    EDIT: ahhh video... http://wcco.com/sports/local_story_338180925.html
    Last edited by avoidingtheclowns; 06-09-2007 at 11:24 PM.
    This is the darkest timeline.

  19. #44

    Default Re: OK, let's talk Chris Duhon and Jarrett Jack

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You wouldn't trade a third-string small forward for a starting point guard?

    Explain the logic behind that one.
    He probably thinks Shawne Williams will be a better player in the NBA at his position than Jarrett Jack will be at his. It's not a question of logic, it's a question of whether his evaluation of Williams and Jack are on the money. I'm not sure. Actually I think both will have good NBA careers.

  20. #45
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: OK, let's talk Chris Duhon and Jarrett Jack

    Quote Originally Posted by sixthman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He probably thinks Shawne Williams will be a better player in the NBA at his position than Jarrett Jack will be at his. It's not a question of logic, it's a question of whether his evaluation of Williams and Jack are on the money. I'm not sure. Actually I think both will have good NBA careers.
    As do I. But we need a point guard, and have forwards coming out our ears.

    If they'll have similar careers, you've gotta go with the position where you're weakest.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  21. #46
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: OK, let's talk Chris Duhon and Jarrett Jack

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpolloloco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah I guess a deal consisting of Harrison/Tinsley for Duhon/Sweetney/2007 2nd rnd pick looks better for us.
    I'd consider it if I thought there was a chance in hell that they'd listen to the coaches.

  22. #47

    Default Re: OK, let's talk Chris Duhon and Jarrett Jack

    I'd like either one.

    I don't see how we get Duhon unless it's a future 1rst maybe.

    Jack might be avaliable. They do have Serigo but he is still young.

  23. #48

    Default Re: OK, let's talk Chris Duhon and Jarrett Jack

    Why would anyone want Duhon as a starter? He's a terrible shooter by percentage. Tinsley is better, so why wouldn't anyone rather keep Tinsley.

  24. #49
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: OK, let's talk Chris Duhon and Jarrett Jack

    I'm still hoping to find a realistic way that we could get J.Jack.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  25. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: OK, let's talk Chris Duhon and Jarrett Jack

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought the assumption was that he'd be backing up Sergio next year?
    Maybe if they get a new coach - supposedly Nate doesn't like him much.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •