Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A couple things I think we've forgotten (JO&Murphy)

Default Re: A couple things I think we've forgotten (JO&Murphy)

Yeah. Is it because I'm white? You dont want to reply back to me because I'm white. Damn it, I'm always held down because of my skin color just like Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy.

Why is my post not worth a rebuttal because I accused you of being a racist? Read your own post you did the same, get at me.
    Last edited by Jermaniac; 06-09-2007 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roferr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Murph is built to bang with the big boys...not post up PG's. It's nice if a PF can isolate on a PG but that's not their forte and it doesn't happen often so it's not even relevant.
    Seriously he doesn't bang with the big boys or anyone else. Basically Murph is a marshmellow who wants to camp out at the 3 point line rather than get rebounds. Look at how many blocks he gets per game. He is by far the biggest albatross on the team if you consider the way he plays and his salary. Dunleavy is way more valuable than Murph.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    Yeah. Is it because I'm white? You dont want to reply back to me because I'm white. Damn it, I'm always held down because of my skin color just like Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy.
    You'll have to bait someone else.

I'll have to make a modification....you were on my ignore list before the sight went down.

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    Seriously he doesn't bang with the big boys or anyone else. Basically Murph is a marshmellow who wants to camp out at the 3 point line rather than get rebounds. Look at how many blocks he gets per game. He is by far the biggest albatross on the team if you consider the way he plays and his salary. Dunleavy is way more valuable than Murph.
    You know, that's what puzzles me. When he first came into the league, the vets tested him repeatedly and he never backed down while giving good as he got. He was a double-double player the first couple of seasons. I'm hoping that it was his injury that was holding him back and that he can revert to the player he once was.

For sure, Dun is more valuable than Murph.

That's been confusing to me as well: Murphy looking soft here. He wasn't soft as I remember him in GS. I remember he and Brad got into it once. And I'd always heard he had a scrappy reputation prior to that.

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    Accurate assessment. Murphy is as soft as they come in the NBA. In retrospect, it was a mistake to take his contract.

But let's not get carried away. Mr. turnaround and fadeaway for a low pct. shot (ie. JO) is no hard guy. Foster is more physical. That's one of the reasons last year's back court of JO/Al/Granger was a failure. There was no aggressive, physical presence. Sure, JO gets blocks, but that ain't physical...it's finesse/timing. Just look at AK47.

Now, Carlos Boozer is a different story. That guy ain't soft.

Dun has for the most part taken a bum rap. He is a very intelligent player and puts up starter numbers. If he puts on the 20 lbs of muscle that he was shooting for this summer, it will only add another facet to his game as he will be able to play some minutes at 4. His only shortcoming has been his outside shooting and I think it will improve.
    That's the worst news I've heard.

If Dun wants to be a PF, then why the heck are we playing him at guard?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    That's the worst news I've heard.

If Dun wants to be a PF, then why the heck are we playing him at guard?
    I don't think he wants to be a PF but be able to take it to the rack with more authority. He probably still intends to play mostly at the 2 and 3. With another 20 lbs of muscle, he can play all three positions, even in the same game.

Dun at PF is a horrible idea. I hope he's not adding 20# either. He needs to build strength, not muscle mass.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Well he clearly had a broken defensive bone.

I heard that Rick told Murph, as he was going in a game to replace Foster," damn it Troy get tough out there", and Troy replied," OK coach what's his number".
    Last edited by Elgin56; 06-09-2007 at 06:04 PM.

I don't think he wants to be a PF but be able to take it to the rack with more authority. He probably still intends to play mostly at the 2 and 3. With another 20 lbs of muscle, he can play all three positions, even in the same game.
    Sweet mercy.

With another 20lbs of muscle, he'll be a wretched 2 and a lightweight 4. The only position where he won't be an immediate and massive liability will be at the three, where he'll be an inferior player to Danny Granger.

If he wants to take it to the rack he needs to get faster, not heavier.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I could see Dun getting heavier as being a good thing if he's willing to sacrifice versatility for performance. It's unfortunate that he'll still likely be inferior to Granger, but at least he'll be much more valuable in a trade.

Let's face it, Dunleave is a pretty wretched 2 Right Now

JO's soft
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar View Post
    Let's face it, Dunleave is a pretty wretched 2 Right Now
    Which is why I just don't get it. I don't see what we're supposed to do with him.

Play him at sixth man? That's the best I can figure.

Enjoy your time at PD!

streets ahead

slightly random... driving around today i flipped over to WJFK (dc station) and they were talking about Sports Illustrated's list of the fortunate 50 athletes combining salary and endorsements. jermaine clocks in at #27... but almost as soon as i turned it on they started talking about troy murphy's contract.

"What the guy has one good year and you're going to give him like $50mil over the next four years? Come on..."

i found it mildly depressing that DC jocks even make fun of our contracts. granted we didn't sign him to that but we took it...
    This is the darkest timeline.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Is Dunleavy even "overpaid"?

06/07 - $7.4
    07/08 - $8.2
    08/09 - $9.0
    09/10 - $9.7
    10/11 - $10.6

That's not that bad for a starting caliber SF.

Granted, we've got to move Granger for a starting SG, and that wouldn't be my first choice but not its probably our only choice.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Is Dunleavy even "overpaid"?
    Everybody here's talking about Murphy's contract, not Dunleavy's.

Enjoy your time at PD!

streets ahead

over the last 20 games he averaged 14ppg and over the last 10 he averaged 16ppg, thats not terrible production for the price. i think its more the length & combining it with troy's that makes mike's seem terrible
    This is the darkest timeline.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Everybody here's talking about Murphy's contract, not Dunleavy's.
    tdubb, avoidingtheclowns, CableKC and Jerm werer talking about Dunn's contract.

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you