Thread: Bynum and players to match salaries with picks or Gordon and players to match salaries with picks for Oneal

Default Bynum and players to match salaries with picks or Gordon and players to match salaries with picks for Oneal

Whats best for the Pacers?

I want Ben Gordon

streets ahead

Default Re: Bynum and players to match salaries with picks or Gordon and players to match salaries with picks for Oneal

mal/hicks will probably move this to the trade forum but...

LAKERS GET
    o'neal
    duhon
    re-signed nocioni

BULLS GET
    odom
    greene

PACERS GET
    brown
    gordon
    bynum

lakers get a PG who can probably run the triangle, not an offensive threat but can shoot if necessary. they get o'neal (the prize) and they get nocioni who can play a little PF in a nastier toni kukoc type role or gives them the flexibility of using walton as S&T bait.

the bulls get their low-post scorer while still keeping their core of deng-hinrich intact. and they get to keep their #9 pick. they have sefolosha and griffin who can split minutes at SG. and they get a project backup PG. they also won't be committed to ben wallace type money and length with odom.

the pacers get a 20+ppg shooting guard, they get a project/prospect in bynum, exp. in kwame and a pick.

i think it makes sense for all parties. but the bulls have been gun shy recently.
    Last edited by avoidingtheclowns; 06-03-2007 at 03:54 PM.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Default Re: Bynum and players to match salaries with picks or Gordon and players to match salaries with picks for Oneal

Sorry for posting on the wrong forum.

I dont think the bulls will give gordon for odom.

Jermaine for Gordon and their 9 pick and any players to match salaries

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No WAY the Bulls do that. They aren't giving Gordon for Lamar Odom straight up. They certainly aren't giving up Noc and Duhon on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by edc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry for posting on the wrong forum.

I dont think the bulls will give gordon for odom.

Jermaine for Gordon and their 9 pick and any players to match salaries
    I had liked Gordon (particularly because of clutch shooting) until he was called on to guard someone in the playoffs. It was a huge disappointment and exposed a major flaw in his game. As a result, I don't think his trade value is higher than Odom's. Not sure if Odom would make the Bulls that much better tho. I think it would largely be a wash for them.

I would hesitate on the Jermaine for Gordon/#9 pick. Might take it tho.

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    No WAY the Bulls do that. They aren't giving Gordon for Lamar Odom straight up. They certainly aren't giving up Noc and Duhon on top of that.
    gordon is a defensive liability at the sg for them, they have hinrich to get outside shooting, they don't give up deng, and they get their low block scorer while still keeping a top 10 pick. there is lots of talk of them looking to move gordon as it is. unfortunately to get the kind of big that they need, they're going to have to give up at least one of hinrich, gordon or deng and gordon i think would be given up first because of hinrich's size gordon has to guard rip hamilton and the like. on the pacers you could match gordon up with quis and have quis play point (because gordon doesn't have the ballhandling or playmaking skills) and have quis guard the bigger 2 guards.

the problem with the bulls is that if they want to win now, they're going to have to trade some of their assets like nocioni and duhon. they have a lot of young talent and unfortunately they don't have the salaries to match. there is talk of a trade with portland for randolph and that would lock them into a longer contract and a player with baggage. they'll probably have to give up the same stuff (except blazers would probably push for deng as they need a SF)

so i think gordon they'd be most willing to give up, duhon and nocioni would be tougher sells but i think they'd rather win now. i don't think its nearly as impossible as you seem to.

okay so the gordon, #9 and filler... how do you make salaries match? we already have a bunch of SFs so we won't want nocioni, much less take on a new long contract length when we won't be giving up dunleavy or murphy. we could take duhon, we don't want ben wallace because of the length and amount of his contract. you're not going to re-sign PJ for anything remotely close to what would be needed...

right now it would take

hinrich
    duhon
    deng
    gordon

to get salaries even close for JO. thats the problem a lot of people forget that most of these guys are on their first contract.

if ben wallace was included you get a lot closer easier but why would you want to take on ben's contract length and $$$ when he gives you no offense? its about $15mil/3yrs.

thats why i think my deal makes sense because look at the bulls lineup

hinrich/greene
    sefolosha/griffin
    deng/khryapa
    odom/thomas
    wallace

i'm not sure if they plan to re-sign malik allen or michael sweetney. there are no frontcourt players with any significant scoring ability apart from webber who probably won't be going to chicago. so they're going to either have to tough it out, do a deal like i proposed or blow the farm on like randolph.

How about PJ Browns contract?

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by edc View Post
    How about PJ Browns contract?
    PJ Browns $8mil expired at the end of this season. thats why it made no sense for the bulls not to make a move at the deadline when they could have used his exp. to bring in the post scorer.

unless you sign PJ to big bucks to compensate for the vast distance between salaries - and i find that highly unlikely (unlike MLB, 40 year olds don't tend to get massive salaries... PJ will be turning 38 this coming season).

Banned

I'd prefer Bynum. Gordon can score, but is at 6'2" (at best), is a HUGE defensive liability. Lots of teams have guards as good or better than Gordon. Few teams have centers as good as Bynum could be. He could dominate the Eastern Conference within a few short years.

streets ahead

well the pacers need both, which is why both gordon and bynum are going to the pacers in the proposed deal

Man I could only dream of having Bynum and Gordon on this team along with Granger, Shawne, and Ike. Dang what a team that could end up being.

Oh how you gotta dream sometimes.

if i had to choose between Bynum or Gordon... definitely Gordon

It'd take a miracle to pry Gordon from the Bulls. He's coming off a breakout year, and they hit the sweet spot in terms of team chemistry. Remember, Bulls mgt is patient. And cheap.
    basketbawful.com- The best of the worst of professional basketball. And there's a lot of it.