Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what do you want to happen this offseason?!?!?

Default Re: what do you want to happen this offseason?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, you're right. Oh well. At least I remember the '03 Boston series better than Buck does.
    Go easy on the guy. He blanked that series from his memory because the scores were too high.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Go easy on the guy. He blanked that series from his memory because the scores were too high.

I want the trade woth the Lakers to take place. I want Bynum, Odom and the 19th pick. I want Jamaal traded, and I want the Pacers to sign Mo Williams to a full MLE contract.

Oh and I also want Harrison to be traded as well.

If all that took place, I'd be very happy

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I want the trade woth the Lakers to take place. I want Bynum, Odom and the 19th pick. I want Jamaal traded, and I want the Pacers to sign Mo Williams to a full MLE contract.

I think we should keep Tinsley. Obrien's system is better suited for Tinsley's game and it's win/win situation for us if his trade value rises.

How much are we going to be able to get for Harrison? If it helped seal the Laker deal then great but I wouldn't dump him just to dump him.

I want the Los Angeles Laker trade with Bynum, Odom, and the 19th pick coming to Indiana as UB said.

Why is this? We are done. We will not win a championship with Jermaine here. That window is closed. I've said it many times before. Bynum is a great start.

It would be interesting to see how OB would use Bynum. OB has NEVER had a post player like Bynum. Webber was the closest and he is not even close to anything like Bynum. OB is flexible and has his offense based on his player's strengths.

However I will say this. I can easily seeing this rumor be nothing and never happening. After this whole thing with OB, it wouldn't suprise me.

I want some backcourt changes. I want another shooter back there and I want a natural two guard who can shoot.

Now that we have our coach I know that OB likes his teams to shoot 3s. The point guard I want for this team is Acie Law. If we had to trade up into the draft fine by me or there is a chance that he is there at 19 assuming we have that pick.

Delonte West would be another great fit at the point but I don't see how we can get him.

JR Smith could be a shooting guard we go after. He is cheap, young athletic, and a good shooter. The problem is his attitude but at a cheap price and a good proven player is he worth it? I don't really know what his attitude problems are though.

We are seeing RIGHT NOW with the Cavs and Pistons game what good 3 point shooters can do for your team. We need some in here man. Go Daniel Gibson. I remember when some people had him as a late lottery pick before (this was a while before the 2006 draft though) and he ended up being picked in the second round.

So most of all I just want to get Bynum, Law or West would be great I would give up Ike Diogu for either of them in a heart beat, and just in general some good 3 point shooters.
    Last edited by Young; 06-02-2007 at 11:17 PM.

I would take either trade listed in today's star (JO for Odom, Bynum, Cook -OR- JO/Tinsley for Odom, Bynum, Brown) and be very pleased.

After this trade, I would consider dealing Odom, but it would certainly not be a hand-out to anyone. If we cannot deal him as part of a package for quality, young backcourt help, we should start him at PF. Bynum of course would be our starting C. The bad part about this is, Ike's minutes would be limited because Foster would also get big minutes.

If we do deal Odom, I would start Foster at PF and play a big lineup. If Ike develops (which he is not ready yet IMO), he would take Foster's place. If Ike and Bynum live up to their potential, matched up with Granger we will have a very strong front court for years.

Kobe to be traded to Chicago, or any Eastern Conf. Team.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMltKsoDwe8&NR=1
    press pause on the second slow-mo replay around 0:12 mark

Banned

I want the Lake trade to happen because I've been on the Bynum bandwagon for the entire year now. He's too good to pass up. If we get Odom, fine. I'd also be willing to have a 25 win season in order to pick up that special guard we need via the draft. Once we accomplished that, the sky would be the limit. There's no way we're going anywhere without it, regardless of how "wide open" the East is. And for the record: Mo Williams isn't it. Neither is Earl Watson or Brevin Knight or Jamal Tinsley.

Quote Originally Posted by carpediem024 View Post
    Kobe to be traded to Chicago, or any Eastern Conf. Team.
    My first thought was, "Wow, that would suck for us." But then, it would be really cool to see Chicago and Cleveland duke it out for the next few years. Those games would be Legen...wait for it...

Sure would suck for us, though.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

I want Unclebuck to be happy....

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

I want the LA trade but want tinsley here for one more year and we draft a point guard in the next year or two. But I also want salary relief from Murph's contract that would give the team flexibility. The only stinking contract that I want to see is dun's which becomes liveable without JO and Murph's. If we keep Murph he must become a 10-10 guy if JO is not in the line-up. I'm giving Harrison to LA in the big trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I want Unclebuck to be happy....

-Bball
    I want Bball to be happy. Not so much UB, though.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

I want world peace.

Failing that, I want James Dolan to buy an island that he and Isiah can run off to and raise their adoptive love child.
    Last edited by DisplacedKnick; 06-03-2007 at 11:08 AM.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    I want world peace.

Failing that, I want James Dolan to buy an island that he and Isiah can run off to and raise their adoptive love child.

...And then I know someone who can put a turkey farm on that island...

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

The Pacers won't do much in free agency.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/ask_the_pacers.html

Q. I was just wondering how serious the organization is at delving into the free agent market? I see names like Chauncey Billups, Bonzi Wells, Jason Kapono, James Posey, Primoz Brezec, Mike Bibby, Luke Walton and Austin Croshere, just to name a few. Do you feel there are any guys out there that could come in here and fill a void, and if so, how serious of a push will be made to get the necessary pieces? (From Jeff in New Castle, Ind.)
    A. When you talk about Chauncey Billups, it'll be virtually impossible to pull him away from Detroit. There's a lot of players out there that I like but it'd have to be a sign-and-trade. We're not going to use the mid-level and we're not going to spend a ton of money but we will make changes.