Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chad Ford Blog - More JO to LA

Default Chad Ford Blog - More JO to LA

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog...name=ford_chad

Now that Kobe has calmed down, the biggest rumor here is that the Lakers will strike quick to add a big name to the roster, and just about everyone believes that it will be Jermaine O'Neal.

What will the Pacers want in return? Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum and the No. 19 pick.

They'll be willing to throw in another player (take your pick of Jamaal Tinsley, Troy Murphy or Marquis Daniels) for Kwame Brown's expiring contract.

That's a heavy price for O'Neal, but if the Lakers are really going to appease Kobe, this might be the price they have to pay.

Houston found a way to beat the new rules prohibiting teams from conducting prospect workouts until after the predraft camp.

The Rockets are staying in Orlando over the weekend -- along with seven other teams, including the Celtics, Timberwolves, Kings, Mavs and Pacers -- to conduct three huge workouts on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

The participants include nine players not at the predraft camp: Jason Smith, Sean Williams, Ante Tomic, DeVon Hardin, Morris Almond, Wilson Chandler, Arron Afflalo, Kyrylo Fesenko and Marcus Williams.

The NBA couldn't get any of those guys to compete in the camp, but the Rockets managed to get them playing immediately afterward in the same city.

-------------------------------

Nothing major but it is interesting to note that the Pacers are working out late first round prospects.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Default Re: Chad Ford Blog - More JO to LA

Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing major but it is interesting to note that the Pacers are working out late first round prospects.
    Who can possibly fall into the 2nd round also. Might the Ps being aiming high asking for Od/By and #19, but willing to take the same but switch out the pick to a 2nd rounder?
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Who can possibly fall into the 2nd round also. Might the Ps being aiming high asking for Od/By and #19, but willing to take the same but switch out the pick to a 2nd rounder?
    It could happen.

The Lakers hold the 40th and 48th picks.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bynum, Odom, and the #19 at a must. I would also love to throw in Murphy for Kwame if that happens.

Dunno about throwing in Quis, though. What have TPTB got against having a backcourt that doesn't completely blow?

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    Bynum, Odom, and the #19 at a must. I would also love to throw in Murphy for Kwame if that happens.

Dunno about throwing in Quis, though. What have TPTB got against having a backcourt that doesn't completely blow?
    I don't think that they would move Quis. All the writers are throwing names against a wall to see what sticks.

TPTB? This isn't their speculation - it's Ford's.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

So you mean for the second year in a row we might be choosing between a Sean Williams and a Marcus Williams?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    TPTB? This isn't their speculation - it's Ford's.
    I'm posting under the assumption that Ford is echoing TPTB's trade demands.

I rather have the Lakers take on Murphy's or Dunleavys contract then settle for Tinsleys. there is no way the Pacers do not include a bad contract which takes Quis out of the discussion.

I bet the Daniels part is misdirection to some other team (not the Lakers) who called the Pacers about Daniels. Donnie wants them to think that Marquis is available for another deal, possibly to set up a bait-and switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Smashed_Potato View Post
    I rather have the Lakers take on Murphy's or Dunleavys contract then settle for Tinsleys. there is no way the Pacers do not include a bad contract which takes Quis out of the discussion.
    Agreed.

Trading JO and Murphy for Odom, Bynum, Kwame, and the 19th pick would be a complete steal. I really hope we get a deal done with the Lakers because this will easily be the best deal we could possibly get for Jermaine...and we could dump Murphy's huge contract in the process.

Agreed. And I would prefer Murphy's out of those two although I could live with Dun going if it's a deal breaker. I'm in the camp with those who are ok with keeping Tins for another year because of all the good PGs coming out next year.

I dont mind that deal, if we do not get Farmar back then I would just assume keep Tinsley and see what he does with a new offense.

Bynum - Foster
    Odom - Ike
    Granger - Williams
    Dun - Marshal
    Tinsley - Quis

add Kwame to the front line mix and that doesnt sound that bad to me

Either one would be good for me. Dunleavy seems to make the most sense because he seems to be a good fit for the triangle.

If we're moving Jermaine, I like the idea of including Trophy.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Genius

Banned

Either one would be good for me. Dunleavy seems to make the most sense because he seems to be a good fit for the triangle.
    Dunleavy could work, but he'd probably be redundant with the very similar but slightly better and much cheaper Luke Walton already there. I'd think they'd have more interest in Marquis Daniels and his solid ball handling, slashing, and defense.

Give them Murph and DH. If we get Odom, Bynum, and Kwame (for his expiring) the Lakers will need some depth on that frontline.
    That would leave them with JO, Turiaf and Mihm. I guess Cook has the height, but I don't see him as a frontline player

Quote Originally Posted by Y2J
    Dunleavy could work, but he'd probably be redundant with the very similar but slightly better and much cheaper Luke Walton already there. I'd think they'd have more interest in Marquis Daniels and his solid ball handling, slashing, and defense.
    Problem is the Pacers are gonna have a hard time letting the Lakers take Quis while they have there 3 giant contracts in Tinsley/Dunleavy/Murphy one of them have to go in a LAL-Pacers trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan_The_Dude View Post
    So you mean for the second year in a row we might be choosing between a Sean Williams and a Marcus Williams?

Of course, we'll pick this Marcus Williams that I don't like.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Y2J View Post

yeah thats the real problem is that they have a cheaper, better 3pt shooting SF in walton.

i hope that Quis isn't part of the deal. he was injured for the last part of the season sure, but i'm not sure why so many people feel he should be shipped out.

i think sending murphy makes the most sense, because we'd be getting potentially 3 frontline players in bynum, brown and odom. it'd be between giving up jeff or murphy. and i think you have to send murphy because of the contract. i'd be willing to try him out in o'brien's system but its such a monster contract that if someone is willing to take him you've got to do it. foster because his contract will be exp soon will have more trade value than murphy (unless he starts putting up 15-10 #s) will for a few years.

so you'd have:

greene
    quis / dunleavy / #19 (we'll say r. fernandez per draftexpress)
    granger / williams
    odom / diogu
    brown / bynum / foster / harrison

under contract. thats a REALLY thin backcourt but you take away murphy tinsley and JO and the pacers base is $28mil. odom, bynum, brown and #19 (using Douby's #s from last draft) is about $26mil. so total would be $54mil. before the trade we were looking at about $64mil. so we have essentially $10mil to play with to fill up the remaining 3 spots.

you could possibly sign Mo Williams or Atkins to be the starting PG. definitely have the flexibility to re-sign keith and maceo (if they want to stay). and there are also trades...

i'd be okay financially speaking with the trade indicated at the top of the thread. because look at the next couple of years...

07-08 thru 10-11

$53,772,097 $49,496,985 $32,753,043 $17,107,305
    $62,883,526 $68,971,129 $68,026,235 $33,441,722

the top # is after the trade, the red is keeping the lineup as-is. so the year we'd need to re-sign bynum, granger, quis and diogu (if we so choose) we'd have about 34mil more space than we had before.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Henry Wolford of WTHR channel 13 reported tonight that JO has bought a home in the LA area and that Odom is expecting to be traded here

Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    The participants include nine players not at the predraft camp: Jason Smith, Sean Williams, Ante Tomic, DeVon Hardin, Morris Almond, Wilson Chandler, Arron Afflalo, Kyrylo Fesenko and Marcus Williams.
    The guy on this list that interests me most is Morris Almond. I don't know too much about him, but I've read in multiple sources that he may be the best pure shooter in this draft. I think he's got decent size for a 2-guard as well. He's even been compared to a small college version of Allan Houston. He sounds like the type of guy that the Pacers could really use, especially with JOb in town.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Henry Wolford of WTHR channel 13 reported tonight that JO has bought a home in the LA area and that Odom is expecting to be traded here

Really? As in, JO just bought the home? Or are they just saying that he happens to have a home in the LA area...

I desperately want this deal to get done, and sooner rather than later.

Oh I see - one of those a55 things
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.