Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Several NBA Officials Convinced JO To L.A. Will Get Done {Journal Times}

Default Several NBA Officials Convinced JO To L.A. Will Get Done {Journal Times}

BY GERY WOELFEL

The Bucks could be looking for another assistant coach as well. The scuttlebutt is assistant coach Lester Conner could possibly leave the Bucks and join O’Brien’s staff in Indiana, where he could possibly be given the title of associate head coach.
    RUMOR CENTRAL: The pre-draft camp has always been a hotbed for rumors and this year isn’t any different. Among them;

-- Florida's Billy Donovan, who is expected to officially sign a contract today as the Orlando Magic’s new head coach, could be receiving another early Christmas present beside his annual salary of $6 million: free-agent in-waiting forward Rashard Lewis.

-- Kurt Rambis seems to have a slight edge over Scott Brooks for the vacant Sacramento head coaching job.

-- Portland's John Gabriel may be the frontrunner for the Seattle GM job, although Washington’s Tommy Sheppard, San Antonio’s Sam Presti and Atlanta’s Gary Fitzsimmons are in the hunt as well.

-- Several NBA officials are convinced the Pacers will trade Jermaine O’Neal to the Lakers for Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum.
    Journal Times
    Last edited by Frank Slade; 06-01-2007 at 03:12 PM.

Why Not Us ?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Several NBA Officials Convinced JO To L.A. Will Get Done {Journal Times}

No way that happens without the Lakers pick attached. I know 19 isn't great but there's no way the pacers are gonna ship JO without getting back into this draft.

Default Re: Several NBA Officials Convinced JO To L.A. Will Get Done {Journal Times}

I was going to post this, but I stink at copying/pasting without doing an infraction.

And according to this article, we were the ones that contacted the Lakers, not vice versa.

http://www.pe.com/sports/breakout/st...1.40181cd.html

It's one of the last paragraphs

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No way that happens without the Lakers pick attached. I know 19 isn't great but there's no way the pacers are gonna ship JO without getting back into this draft.
    I'm sure you're right. I think the sources are just saying who the key players are that we're targeting. I'm sure fillers and picks will be involved as well.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

well, with the possibility of us getting Bynum...thought you guys might enjoy this vid...pretty funny actually

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bd-FLEDTfao

Quote Originally Posted by REL31 View Post
    well, with the possibility of us getting Bynum...thought you guys might enjoy this vid...pretty funny actually

I love how Bynum didn't let that first play where Shaq dunked over him get him down. Bynum just went right back at him and didn't hesitate.

Banned

I don't agree at all. No way would a late mid-1st rounder be a deal breaker when you're getting a combo like Odom/Bynum in return. I'd be amazing if we could get #19, but it wouldn't stop me from making the deal and it wont stop Larry Bird either unless he's a just a fraud of a GM who only got the job based on his reputation as an Indiana and basketball icon. Wait a minute....

I'm singing right now.

If Lester Conner comes back, I vote that he has to wear low cut sneakers just like he did during his previous stint on the Indiana bench......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Holy cow, I'm sold. Anybody who can get Shaq that ****ed is good with me.

I love Kerr there at the at the end... "He should have given Shaq more respect." Whatever, Steve. He just punked Shaq and then about got him thrown out of the game.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Wait, pi$$ is now a filtered word?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mark Montieth was on JMV today and he thinks there is a better than 50% chance that JO will be traded and the Lakers are the most likely destination.

I was surprised he said that MM is usually the first guy to dispel the rumors.

I also think if you listen to what O'Brien said yesterday, I think he knows JO will liekly be traded.

I'm shocked to hear that Buck and glad to hear it aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Wait, pi$$ is now a filtered word?
    It's been for a couple years. I always forget and am shocked when it ***'s me out. ****er.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Mark Montieth was on JMV today and he thinks there is a better than 50% chance that JO will be traded and the Lakers are the most likely destination.

I was surprised he said that MM is usually the first guy to dispel the rumors.

I also think if you listen to what O'Brien said yesterday, I think he knows JO will liekly be traded.
    Correct and he echoed the same sentiments this morning on Mike and Mike.
    Indicating that Bird would not trade JO for nothing and had confidence in DW and Larry that they would make the best decision for the franchise. Although of course for now he has to go forward as if JO will be on the team, until something changes.
    Last edited by Frank Slade; 06-01-2007 at 05:22 PM.

Why Not Us ?

As for discussion at hand, I would be willing to take Farmar instead of the #19 pick. The argument can certainly be made that the pick is more valuable, but there won't be any good points left (I'll be shocked if Law actually falls that far), and with Brandon Rush going back to Kansas, I'm not thrilled with the SG pickings (a la AZ's Marcus Williams.)

And I still wanna see Tinsley play for Phil. To take a line from Sports Guy's playbook, that would be a 5,000 on the Unintentional Comedy Scale.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    I'm singing right now.
    If JO does go to the Lakers, are you still going to be a Pacers fan?
    Just curious...
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCal_Pacerfan View Post
    Just curious...
    I'm pretty sure that he said he will...

i'd rather keep the pick and take Stuckey or hope Crittenton falls

The Laker's also have #40 and #48.

Banned

Oh man, I'm getting excited now. I'll immediately buy an Andrew Bynum jersey if he's traded here.

Banned

i'd rather keep the pick and take Stuckey or hope Crittenton falls
    I like Stuckey a ton. Sounds like he has a lot of Dwyane Wade in him. Could be the next small school draft steal like Kevin Martin.

If we get Farmar and Bynum (and my fav, Turiaf) then we've basically stolen the Laker's rebuilding efforts.

Which is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCal_Pacerfan View Post
    Just curious...
    I have answered that question, at least 15 times. I'm not going to answer it again. And why does it matter is me being a Pacers fan or Lakers fan going to impact the Pacers nation?

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    is me being a Pacers fan or Lakers fan going to impact the Pacers nation?
    Not to me. I couldn't care less.