Thread: Players that you think would be a good fit under OB

Default Players that you think would be a good fit under OB

We know changes are likely to be made. We need to make some changes even if it doesn't invole Jermaine.

Here is what we know about OB.

He is flexible on offense but he wants to advance the ball quickly and shoot a high volume of 3s.

With Dick Harter by his side they will put a good defensive team together.

Draft

Right now we don't have a draft pick but we all know that Larry is willing to get one if they see a player they really like and want.

There are 3 guys that I could OB really wanting from this draft, Nick Young, Acie Law, and Rodney Stuckey.

Law is likely to be the first one off the board of the three. With him and Conley being the only true point guards likely to be taken in the first round the chances of getting him may be slim.

However, when you look at the teams a point guard is not a big need. The Blazers want Conley, and the Hawks need Mike Conley.

The Hawks could take Law at 11 depending on what they do with the 3rd pick, but after that there are few teams that seem to need a point guard.

I could see the Clippers maybe but they have Shaun Livingston there and the Pistons might want a point if they fear that Chauncey will leave them.

But after that, assuming we have the Lakers pick at 19 it should not suprise people to see Law there.

Free Agency

Not likely to be to many guys from here. Maybe Earl Boykins or Andres Nocioni.

I believe that Shammond Williams played alright under OB in Boston for a season. I thin Shammond will be a free agent this summer. Would be better than OG IMO.

Trades

Not for sure how Bynum or Odom would do under OB.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Players that you think would be a good fit under OB

I don't know a whole lot about JOb, other than what I've read here in the last day. Just off the top of my head, these are some guys I could see fitting in well here (assuming we're rebuilding).

Mo Williams (seems like a good PG for JOb's offense)
    Gerald Green (loves his 3's. I'm biased though)
    Rudy Fernandez (athletic shooter, likely mid-first round pick)
    Rodney Stuckey (great shooter. SG in a pg's body)
    Javaris Crittenton (Very athletic PG prospect with great size at 6'4")

Joe Johnson? Yeah, won't happen, bigtime wishful thinking, but he did play for JOb early in his career.

I think Odom would fit well. He can shoot the 3 at the PF position, but he can also do many other things, he can post up, pass, handle the ball, and isolate bigger players.

You could add Bynum as well, b/c he can anchor the type of defense JOb teaches. Not sure how well he runs the floor, but he's 7'0 and can cause mismatches as well.

JO could also fit in a role that Bynum could, and do it better, but I don't see him wanting to play center.

I think all our players should fit in well with the uptempo scene. Jamaal should be free to roam. Dunleavy and Murph should be able to get open shots without the defense getting set (but that didn't seem to work in GS?). And Shawne, Danny, and Quis should be able to use their athleticism and versatility to their advantage.
    Foster's hustle should fit into any style.

The only guy I'm worried about is Ike. I'm not sure he will fit in well, but I guess only time will tell.

And I'm not a fan of bringing up the trade, but like GS, I think Jack, AL and most definitely Runi would have benefitted.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind getting Runi back, just to see how he would work under JOb and his system

Quote Originally Posted by HeartlandFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know a whole lot about JOb, other than what I've read here in the last day. Just off the top of my head, these are some guys I could see fitting in well here (assuming we're rebuilding).

Mo Williams (seems like a good PG for JOb's offense)
    Gerald Green (loves his 3's. I'm biased though)
    Rudy Fernandez (athletic shooter, likely mid-first round pick)
    Rodney Stuckey (great shooter. SG in a pg's body)
    Javaris Crittenton (Very athletic PG prospect with great size at 6'4")
    I really like those two if we were to land a mid 1st round pick and they were availible.

I also like Acie Law, Marco Belinelli, Gabe Pruitt, and though I don't like what I'm heard about his character, Marcus Williams (Arizona) would intrigue me in JOb system as well.

Quote Originally Posted by D23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Joe Johnson? Yeah, won't happen, bigtime wishful thinking, but he did play for JOb early in his career.
    And Obie was supposedly behind trading him for Tony Delk.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!