Thread: Corey Simon bowling again

Default Corey Simon bowling again

The status of Corey Simon for this upcoming season is becoming a maddening tease, as he has not only been listed on the current roster on Colts.com, but is apparently capable of bowling. The possibility of he and Anthony McFarland teaming up for a formidible tackle duo tantalizes.

Among celebrity bowlers scheduled to participate are at least 10 Colts players: middle linebacker Gary Brackett, Brock, defensive end Dwight Freeney, cornerback Kelvin Hayden, cornerback Marlin Jackson, defensive tackle Dan Klecko, defensive tackle Darrell Reid, safety Bob Sanders, defensive tackle Corey Simon and wide receiver Reggie Wayne.
    http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=ar...1-0384a3794315

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Corey Simon bowling again

The fact that Simon has been and seems to still be on a huge spat with Colts management makes it surprising to me that he participate in such a public event with Colts players. I know it was sponsored by Brock's charity and not the Indianapolis Colts, but it still gives me a little inkling of hope that he might come back and play next year and that the Simon jersey I bought a couple of years ago won't become immediately irrelevant.

If he did come back, however, I wouldn't expect to see him and Booger on the field together really often. They're both hefty guys that, in the fast paced Colts' defense, would probably be rotated in and out for one another on a frequent basis, just so that we would have one of our "runstuffers" ready to go at all times.

The guy we drafted, Quinn Pitt**** is supposed to be a good run stopper as well from what I've heard. I think either way our line will be alright next year, but I'd love to see Simon back.

Default Re: Corey Simon bowling again

The fact they have listed him on the current roster and he's doing public events does give hope. Maybe his health issues are improved. OTOH, he has not been in for any of the OTA'S that I'm aware of.
    On another note, it's sad that Quinn Pit****'s name has been banned in this forum.