Thread: Bulls / Pacers / Lakers 3-way

streets ahead

Default Bulls / Pacers / Lakers 3-way

i brought this up in the main forum a few days ago but thought i'd post it here officially and see what people thought about it... with all the laker trades being proposed, typically we'd want bynum back, but naturally i can imagine the lakers would be hesitant to deal him. so i was trying to think of alternatives without us having to take on odom and kwame. this is where the bulls come in...

CHICAGO IN
    Lamar Odom
    Orien Greene

INDIANA IN
    Ben Gordon
    Kwame Brown
    Jordan Farmar
    #19 (LAL)

LOS ANGELES IN
    Jermaine O'Neal
    Chris Duhon
    Andres Nocioni (re-signed)

now, why...

Chicago gets the front-court scorer to play alongside Ben Wallace in Odom and even better: they get to do so without giving up Hinrich or Deng. They also get a young and cheap backup PG in Greene. Losing Gordon will hurt but they've got a promising SG (albeit defensively minded) in Sefolosha. On top of all that, they don't have to give up their #9.

Hinrich / Greene
    Sefolosha / Griffin
    Deng / Khryapa
    Odom / Thomas
    Wallace

i don't know what their plans would be regarding re-signing sweetney or allen, but they could use their #9 on a project like Yi with that lineup. sefolosha is still developing but certainly has demonstrated potential and sharing SG duties with Griffin will be good (especially defensively). the biggest issue at the moment is odom's health. but i don't know if the shoulder is really a major deal. anyway you have deng as the focus of the offense with hinrich and odom sharing #2 duties

Indiana doesn't get the PG prospect of either West or Conley, but they get Farmar and a pick in this year's draft. They also get Kwame's expiring contract, which will be nice (and possibly allow him to be packaged with a bad contract at the deadline...possibly...). The big score of this deal is getting Ben Gordon, who averages 20+ppg and fills a need at SG that we have. Also can hit outside shots and isn't afraid to take big shots. He is also still on his rookie contract. We get someone who is beyond just being a prospect.

Tinsley / Farmar / Armstrong
    Gordon / Daniels / #19 (r. fernandez?)
    Granger / Dunleavy / Williams
    Murphy / Diogu / Baston
    Brown / Foster / Harrison

this obviously assumes we re-sign armstrong over mcleod and re-sign baston. its not a good defensive lineup, but it would be the first step in rebuilding, around a core of gordon, granger, williams and diogu. in a lot of cases i would probably have daniels play the PG with Gordon on the floor (mostly because of gordon's lack of size, he'd be guarding PGs and given Quis' ability to make plays as well as his natural height, etc. it'd make a better combo).

Los Angeles gets the low-post star Kobe needs in O'Neal, they get a PG in Duhon who would probably thrive in phil jackson's system and they get nocioni who gives them depth and a mean streak that jackson will probably like. all that without giving up bynum.

Duhon
    Bryant / Vujacic
    Walton / Nocioni / Radmonovich
    O'Neal / Turiaf / Cook
    Bynum

I can't speak to their plans of re-signing players like Mihm or Smush. But that certainly gives Bryant a chance of doing quite well in the playoffs and maybe more.

any thoughts?
    Last edited by avoidingtheclowns; 05-31-2007 at 09:16 AM.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Default Re: Bulls / Pacers / Lakers 3-way

No way.

No Bynum, no Jermaine.

Quote Originally Posted by rommie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No way.

No Bynum, no Jermaine.
    Agree!

JO is a all star every year. The deal starts with Bynum, then you add Odom and at least the #40 pick.

If they take Odom out then either Farmar or Turiaf and the 19th pick enter.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    Agree!

JO is a all star every year. The deal starts with Bynum, then you add Odom and at least the #40 pick.

I also agree with you Will !

After Kobe's little spoiled child tirade, The once mighty Lakers are in a Damage Control position now and DO not have the clout to demand anything in any trade for Jermaine.

Bottom line here is that the Pacers DON'T have to trade Jermaine.

From all indication that I have got, that is going to be the way this is going to be looked at on the Pacers end. That if any team wants to add Jermaine they are going to have to send their second best player, a young upcoming player and a 1st round pick this year....all this has to add up to 16 million before July 1st and 19 million after July 1st.

From the Lakers - Odom, Bynum and the 19th are a given. I could see the PAcers adding Jamal Tinsley & David Harrison to the mix and the LAkers adding Kwame. If the Lakers do nothing then they are basically the same team minus Smush Parker next year.....That will surely make Kobe happy.

For the Lakers to get Garnett from Minnasota they are going to have to come up with 20 mill in salaries right up front and then after the trade stock the rest of the team with D league prospects playing for the min.

Phoenix still could be in the running for Jermaine, as Shawn Marion, Kurt Thomas and their two top draft picks in this years draft #24 & #29. Phoenix had no answer for Tim Duncan, Jermaine could provide more room for Nash and Amare to do their thing even more profeciently.

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    i have farmar and the #19 going to indiana plus ben gordon and kwame's exp.

i'd like bynum too. i'm not saying we shouldn't try to get bynum.

but we have a hole at SG and in outside shooting in general. gordon solves that problem. he also helps danny's development by allowing danny to be more aggressive and driving to the basket. after Jax and Al were traded danny was essentially the sole 3pt threat which is why he stopped being as aggressive (and in a lot of cases took developmental steps backwards). gordon gives you 22ppg which is certainly better than what Bynum can give you at the moment and we still have a wealth of talent to develop in diogu, williams, daniels, granger and even dunleavy (plus farmar). gordon gives us a #1 offensive option.

then our core is gordon and granger while developing williams, diogu, daniels, dunleavy and farmar around them.

i get that people like bynum, i think its a gamble but one that would probably be worth taking. i guess i'm surprised that getting a SG who averages 22ppg and is on a rookie contract would be an absolute 'no' from the three of you. what is it about ben gordon that doesn't make this deal worth it? would it be different if we got duhon instead of farmar?
    This is the darkest timeline.

Sports Logo

Also...the Lakers come out ahead in this. They get Nocioni AND JONeal?

I would much rather keep Duhon AND Gordon.

I also suspect that the Bulls don't want to change the main core of players that they have.....both of which includes Gordon and Nocioni.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.