Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting comment by Doc Rivers about JB during tonight's game...

foretaz

Default Re: Interesting comment by Doc Rivers about JB during tonight's game...

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm starting to expect him to be Phil Jackson's tease in a couple weeks.
    u know...im almost to the point where....weve come this far with him....what have we got to lose...its not like we are gonna get anything significant out of him....u hear rumors that the thing with his knees is due to him being so young and growth oriented and he should come out of it....with all thats been invested....hell....why not one more year....

nothing would be more sick than to see him finally get healthy and blossom somewhere else....

You do it because while there's nothing to lose, it's even more likely nothing to gain, and you're paying him money to sit there. And second, and this is important, if he does blossom, he's still not going to be better than JO or Artest, and he'd then pull an Al Harrington/Antonio Davis on us.

*ahem*

Has to pass a physical before he can be traded.

Over the past few weeks I've watched a lot of the Pacers playoff games from last year, and bender layed rather well in the first two rounds. he was a factor. The Heat actually double-teamed him a few times

Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    Over the past few weeks I've watched a lot of the Pacers playoff games from last year, and bender layed rather well in the first two rounds. he was a factor. The Heat actually double-teamed him a few times
    Whenever Bender was able to get consistant minutes he usually played quite well, the problem with him is he's never on the court due to injuries. I've seen the flashes from him that have convinced me if healthy he can be a major contributor which is why I would hate to trade him for two guys who probably will see as much action as Bender has and no where near the potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    Whenever Bender was able to get consistant minutes he usually played quite well, the problem with him is he's never on the court due to injuries. I've seen the flashes from him that have convinced me if healthy he can be a major contributor which is why I would hate to trade him for two guys who probably will see as much action as Bender has and no where near the potential.
    Amen. I know that it is an extremely conservative approach (which both protects and burns people who are not risk-takers), but I am one of the ones who fell in love with the guy's game when he's been healthy. He's an unbelievable scorer who has a great outside shot too.
    "If I have the ball, I will shoot it, you have to believe that," - Stephen Jackson

hmm, if only he could do that for AT LEAST 70 GAMES! I don't care if he can play for the first 30 games, I want to see him play more than 12 games a season! gosh dang!

still a sweet jam.........................on Big Ben....