Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting comment by Doc Rivers about JB during tonight's game...

Hybrid View

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

Default Interesting comment by Doc Rivers about JB during tonight's game...

"The more I watch Jonathan Bender play, the more I see a longer Tracy McGrady, which is scary!!!"
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

Default Re: Interesting comment by Doc Rivers about JB during tonight's game...

However JB is always just one step away from a nagging injury.
    True true.

But hopefully he plays like he did today.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

You need to update the score to 1-0 below your post Suave!

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

You need to update the score to 1-0 below your post Suave!

Regards,

Mourning
    done
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Regardless, the dunk where he went by Ben Wallace was sick!

Hip-Hop ,Guitar & Martial ArtsEnthusiast
    Tony Jaa could beat you up with his pinky.

Steveman

and I got chewed up here for comparing JB to Odom, and Rivers compares him to T-Mac

Bender was really aggressive tonight. His dunk on Ben was my second favorite play of the night. Bender is a nightmare to guard.

I thought Rivers was awful tonight. Every time Tins went into the lane it was "That's his game!" "I think that's his game." "It's his game!" and enough about Detroit needing to score on the blocks. Yes Doc, we know.

What I really wanted to hear him say (which of course he wouldn't as he's job seeking and you don't ruffle feathers like this) would be along the lines of "Boy, Orlando sure f'd up by trading Ben Wallace for Grant Hill huh?".

Heck, he might still have his job there if that deal was never done.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bender was really aggressive tonight. His dunk on Ben was my second favorite play of the night. Bender is a nightmare to guard.

The play was VERY nice. Not the best gif, I didn't have much time to make it.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

How did you make that? What progs?

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

he used a aniimation program , like one you use to make animated gifs...basically he put 13 diffrent pics together.

I use Animation Shop™ 3
    http://www.jasc.com/products/animationshop/

he used a aniimation program , like one you use to make animated gifs...basically he put 13 diffrent pics together.

I use Animation Shop™ 3
    http://www.jasc.com/products/animationshop/
    No, I know that; I wanted him to specifically tell me which progs he used. I use AS3 as well, but have yet to figure out what kind of .avi files it likes and doesn't like. For instance, any highlites NBA.com used to make in .avi, I could make an animated .gif out of. Now the only way to do it is to make it yourself. I have the whole game in .mpg and .wmv. But I don't know what type of .avi file to make them to make it work. My video editor has like a dozen options for .avi. I'd love it if there was a way to directly turn the .wmv or .mpg into .gif.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

I assume he just captured 13 diffrent captures off a video , that's how I have always done it , it's tricky

I assume he just captured 13 diffrent captures off a video , that's how I have always done it , it's tricky
    Oh you mean a bunch of screenshots off of the video? Interesting. Never thought of doing it that way.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh you mean a bunch of screenshots off of the video? Interesting. Never thought of doing it that way.
    That's exactly what I did, I really don't know any better way, I'm sure there is though. I just paused the TIVO with the picture playing in a small PC window and saved each frame (Alt+PrintSceen), then used a old 1.02 version of Animation Shop. I had to make it small and drop several frames for it to be small enough for my free website picture host to accept it.

Hoop, here's a better one I made for you:

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hoop, here's a better one I made for you:

damn...what a tease....

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thanks Hicks, that's a nice one. The free web host I use only let's you use a file size of 250K so there is not much room for creativity. My angelfire website that I was using to host stuff has disabled outside linking.

"The more I watch Jonathan Bender play, the more I see a longer Tracy McGrady, which is scary!!!"
    http://www.indystar.com/articles/5/148615-8795-158.html

Forward Jonathan Bender asked Pierce to put together a tape featuring some of the best moves of George Gervin, Michael Jordan, Tracy McGrady and the like.

"I like to watch them; study their off-the-dribble-type stuff," said Bender, who borrows moves as he forges his transformation from shooter to scorer by developing his take-it-to-the-basket game.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

What I really wanted to hear him say (which of course he wouldn't as he's job seeking and you don't ruffle feathers like this) would be along the lines of "Boy, Orlando sure f'd up by trading Ben Wallace for Grant Hill huh?".

Well, technically speaking he's not really job seeking anymore. He already has a new job as the captain of the Titanic, er, I mean as head coach of the Celtics...
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

Well, technically speaking he's not really job seeking anymore. He already has a new job as the captain of the Titanic, er, I mean as head coach of the Celtics...
    LOL, I forgot about that. Okay, it still might not be the wisest move for someone in that profession but I wish he would've said something like that. It would've made listening the rest of his repetitive commentary worthwhile.

Who knows WHAT he was thinking when he took that job. Really, they stink.

I'm starting to expect him to be Phil Jackson's tease in a couple weeks.

I just wish like hell he actually would have learned the game of basketball & go beyond the spectacular because he was damn good at the spectacular.

Seeing shots like that make me remember why I uttered that fatefull phrase at the party.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13