Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Vescey: Lakers will be acquiring JO

Default Re: Vescey: Lakers will be acquiring JO

When you think about it, if this trade goes through, the Pacers will have completed the absolute worst trilogy of transactions over the course of one season in sports history. It's almost pathetic.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I thought most of you were willing to move Tins at all costs?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

You guys have heard of Andrew Bynum, right?

Am I the only one excited about a Diogu - Bynum front court? Has making the playoffs 17 times in 18 years spoiled Pacer fans?

I wish this forum was old enough to re-read all of the disgust over the Dale Davis - Jermaine O'Neal trade.

Anyone watching ESPN? I know its difficult to watch Stephen A. Smith but they are talking about all the Kobe hoopla, no mention of a Pacers-Lakers trade though.

Well, I'm moving to the Portland area later this year. Oden is Portland bound. I guess I'll have to consider rooting for the Blazers. Oh, I'll still be a Pacer fan first, but it'll take me a little while to get over the disgust of how things have been operating in the Pacers front office.

JO is an allstar. Kobe is an allstar. They get JO. We don't get a star back. Pacers no longer have a star, which means it will be harder to get a star down the line. Lakers win. Pacers lose.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

streets ahead

the lakers need to include bynum and odom and a pick. thats all there is to it. we'd prefer to move JO to the west, but the lakers are going to be competing with the celtics for a nice package and nicer pick because paul pierce needs a all-star big too.
    This is the darkest timeline.

I'm actually pretty depressed if this is true...Its just now hitting me...Meh

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Banned

Bynum/Diogu definitely excites me. Bynum is the big rebounder, shot blocker and Diogu the scorer. The only thing that worries me with those two would be speed/athleticism and of course the foul troubles.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As most of you know I think Vescey is the best and if he says something is going to happen, I believe him 100%.

Of course circumstances can change and trades can always fall through.

But let me be clear about Vescey said. He did not say that the Lakers intend to go after JO, nor did he say that the Pacers intend to trade JO. Vescey isn't putting two and two together and coming up with a trade scenerio (Sam Smith), Vescey is reporting that JO will be playing in a Lakers uniform next season. The impression I got is that a trade is all but agreed to between the Pacers and Lakers (Vescey did not say that - I am interpreting what he did say) For Phil Jackson to tell Kobe that JO will be acquired - that means things are pretty much agreed to.

Vescey was asked again about 15 minutes ago by Andre Aldridge and Peter matter-of-factly said Lakers will be acquiring JO.

The only thing I don't know is why the Lakers will get
    NO - he's just saying that that's what Jackson said to Kobe. He's not saying Jackson is right and he's not saying that the deal is as good as done.

At least the way I read it.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Indy07....RIGHT!!!!!!!! Kobe demanded the trade not JO...why not milk it for all it's worth? and if not hell no deal!
    jus bs for all i can tell
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

you don't see the T'wolves giving away KG - even though he's getting older, etc.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

atleast with JO we have a chance to win every night. With this group...we arent even close. And when we made the trade JO for Dale Davis or w/e...we still had reggie *Shrugs*
    now who do we have? dunleavy and quis on a bad wheel? yay
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyPacersLeft View Post
    atleast with JO we have a chance to win every night. With this group...we arent even close. And when we made the trade JO for Dale Davis or w/e...we still had reggie *Shrugs*
    now who do we have? dunleavy and quis on a bad wheel? yay
    I don't really care about winning night in and night out.

Everyone just has to realize that this team sucks. The window of opportunity to win a championship with Jermaine is over. We had our chance. If we stay the same, or really likely any change we make, won't make us a championship team.

Time to trade Jermaine and start re building now and suck up the losing. I don't want to see us be the Minnesota Timberwolves because while they may think they can still win with Kevin Garnett they still suck because they still miss the playoffs. I don't want to be the Timberwolves and waste a great player's best years.

Apparently some Laker fans have caught word of this as well?!

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/ves...ks-t74982.html

I know I'm chiming in a bit late on this issue, but...DON'T TRADE JAMAAL! (Tinsley will average a double-double on any other team...that's my biggest fear)

Also, are we going to lose Jermaniac to LakersGround or some other foreign forum...?
    Last edited by LoneGranger33; 05-31-2007 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2J View Post
    Bynum/Diogu definitely excites me. Bynum is the big rebounder, shot blocker and Diogu the scorer. The only thing that worries me with those two would be speed/athleticism and of course the foul troubles.
    Diogu worries me more but with a player like Bynum next to him he should be fine with time.

I think that Bynum's mobility is very good. He will be fine.

Lamar Odom is a star. Still, I'd try to repackage him with Daniels and Murphy or some **** for Gasol and Mike Miller...Will be dreaming tonight!

Oh, and does this mean Kobe has finally done something good for my team? By forcing the trade through and compelling the Lakers to give up more than they want?

I would accept getting Bynum, Odom and the 19th. While we are giving up the best player in the trade, we're receiving enormous potential (Bynum) and another trade asset if we choose to use it (Odom). If Tins is indeed included, then we'll need to trade Odom or Odom+19 for a starting caliber PG.

On the other hand, I'm not as excited about a Diogu/Bynum front court as others seem to be. I don't think Diogu will ever be anything more than a 15 and 8 type guy. He's too small and not athletic enough. When he gets paired up against guys like Dwight Howard and Al Jefferson (future stars in the East), he won't stand a chance because his size limits him. I think he would be a great guy to have as the first big man off the bench, but not our future power forward.

A trade like this may not be so attractive on the surface, but it opens up more opportunities for us to make future moves. We would have a draft pick, Odom (who could be a very servicable player on a contender), and we would have a nice young core to add to with Granger, Williams, and Bynum. Just my .02

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bynum AND Odom AND the #19 pick are a must, and even then I'm not too happy with the deal. Bynum is unproven, Odom is more injury-prone than JO (not to mention a natural SF, which we already have 8908796897 of), and the #19 pick won't net us a starting PG (we don't address the backcourt, and in fact, make it even worse).

Anything less than that and I will be absolutely livid.

I hope the deal goes down, for the sake of both teams. Will the Pacers struggle next year? Yeah, they would have struggled next year with JO or without. But at long last we'll get to see a different kind of offense. And even better, we'd be back in the draft. Grab the PG, whatever it takes, and let the fans exhale as the team gets rid of the remaining old players and finally gets to start over.

IMO Bynum will be a star. JO gone = Williams and Granger can get an offense built around their skills. And with a skilled passer like Odom feeding them the ball, look out.

I hope this trade gets done ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyPacersLeft View Post
    HAHAHHA THIS IS GREAT! WHO NEEDS THAT # 7! WE ARE GOING TO HAVE LAMAR ODOM! LIFE IS SOOOOOOOO GOOD!
    Dude I seriously wonder if you are on speed or PCP while writing your posts. Really this is not a hateful post or anything, I just dont understand what would posses you to post like this.

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    You guys have heard of Andrew Bynum, right?

Am I the only one excited about a Diogu - Bynum front court? Has making the playoffs 17 times in 18 years spoiled Pacer fans?

I wish this forum was old enough to re-read all of the disgust over the Dale Davis - Jermaine O'Neal trade.
    If you'd like I could give you my opinion of that trade now.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

I'm breaking my own rule about not commenting until we get verification.

But here goes.

If somebody came up to me and said "would you trade Jermaine O'Neal and Jamaal Tinsely for" I would stop them right there and say YES.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    If you'd like I could give you my opinion of that trade now.
    Mad that Dale Davis was never HALF the player Jermaine is? Jermaine O'Neal on his worst day is as good as Dale Davis is on his best day. If Reggie had Jermaine in his prime instead of Dale Davis, I bet you there would be a championship ring on Reggie's finger right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukins View Post
    Hey Unclebuck, I saw the same thing that you saw about JO. According to Vecsey, this is the deal

"Bynum, Odom, filler + Laker's 1st rounder for JO and Tinsley".

Again I heard vecsey say this myself.
    Seems like an OK deal to me.