Thread: Time to answer some questions before game one

Default Time to answer some questions before game one

Let me first say, OK now this is the real thing, this series I predict will go down in Pacers history as one of the best, up there with the Bulls series in 1998, and any of the Knicks series.

Enough of that, time for some questions.

1) Right now, who is a better coach, Larry Brown or Rick Carlisle.

2) Should Jermaine O'Neal guard Sheed or Ben.

3) What is a bigger mismatch. Artest over Prince. Billups over Tinsley. Rip over Reggie. Or Ben over Foster.

4) Who will average more points off the bench AL or Corliss.

5) Besides AL harrington who will be the Pacers most important player off the bench

6) Why does Eldon Campbell play great against the Pacers but horrible against every other team.

7) Should Pollard get any playing time to battle Okur or Campbell.

8) The most important stat in this series will be.

9) If the Pistons win game #1 tonight, that means what.

10) Overall the Pacers most important player in this series will be

11) The one Pistons player the Pacers must contain is

12) True or False: Right now I am scared to death, nervous as heck, can't sleep, can't eat, can't control my bodily functions, and can't think straight.

Default Re: Time to answer some questions before game one

Experience is the tie breaker for me: Larry Brown

I'd try Ben to avoid foul trouble, plus I'm curious if Jeff can do a good job on Sheed. And it may allow JO to roam for shot blocking a little bit.

3) What is a bigger mismatch. Artest over Prince. Billups over Tinsley. Rip over Reggie. Or Ben over Foster.

Artest over Prince.

Sadly, unless Al wakes up it will be Corliss (maybe only 10ppg over Al's 8ppg or something, but all the same)

5) Besides AL harrington who will be the Pacers most important player off the bench

Fred Jones. Maybe Austin will have a big series; who knows.

6) Why does Eldon Campbell play great against the Pacers but horrible against every other team.

God is not a Pacers fan.

Yes. Give it a try and only stop if Pollard is a total embarassment.

Turnovers.

We're in trouble.

Reggie Miller/Ron Artest/Jermaine O'Neal At least two of them must come up big for us.

Rip Hamilton

12) True or False: Right now I am scared to death, nervous as heck, can't sleep, can't eat, can't control my bodily functions, and can't think straight.

True

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

carlisle

sheed

artest over prince

coliss

fred if he's healthy, cro if he's not

Its one of those unsolved mysteries, even i don't know

NO

turnovers

that we'll have to win one in detroit

artest

rip

12) True or False: Right now I am scared to death, nervous as heck, can't sleep, can't eat, can't control my bodily functions, and can't think
    straight.

true

Mood

Experience is the tie breaker for me: Larry Brown

I'd try Ben to avoid foul trouble, plus I'm curious if Jeff can do a good job on Sheed. And it may allow JO to roam for shot blocking a little bit.

Artest over Prince.

Sadly, unless Al wakes up it will be Corliss (maybe only 10ppg over Al's 8ppg or something, but all the same)

Fred Jones. Maybe Austin will have a big series; who knows.

God is not a Pacers fan.

Yes. Give it a try and only stop if Pollard is a total embarassment.

Turnovers.

We're in trouble.

Reggie Miller/Ron Artest/Jermaine O'Neal At least two of them must come up big for us.

Rip Hamilton

True
    This is great. I didn't read your post first. Great minds think alike i guess.

5) Besides AL harrington who will be the Pacers most important player off the bench? Austin Croshere

6) Why does Eldon Campbell play great against the Pacers but horrible against every other team. Because he's Mmm Mmm Weird..

7) Should Pollard get any playing time to battle Okur or Campbell. yes

8) The most important stat in this series will be. Fast break points OR wins/losses

9) If the Pistons win game #1 tonight, that means what. The series will be over in 6

10) Overall the Pacers most important player in this series will be Tinsley

11) The one Pistons player the Pacers must contain is Ben Wallace...If he is stopped, the Pacers get more boards, more fast breaks, and the Pistons get less opps.

wallaceX2

I'll answer some of these from a Pacer fan perspective...

1.Larry Brown, he's got the upperhand because he wasn't involved when Carlisle got fired from the Pistons, and the pressure is on Rick.

2.Rasheed. From the Pacers perspective, I'd feel more comfortable with him on Sheed. If Sheed gets loose, he's tough to stop.

3. Artest over Prince. Ron's got all the experience, not to mention talent when compared to Tayshaun. Even if Prince has a good game, Artest is the better player.

4. Not sure... If Ben gets into foul trouble, Corliss will see more playing time and will score more. If not, Al will.

5. I don't watch the Pacers enough to know this one.

6. See #5.

7. From Pacer perspective, only if the Pacers have a moderately comfortable lead, or are desperate (foul trouble), do you do that.

8. Rebounds. Offensive boards can frustrate the defensive team.

9. From Pistons perspective, that means the Pacers might not look as dominant as they did in the regular season. If the Pistons win game 1, they'll get ahead of themselves, and the Pacers will probably take game 2.

10. Pacers: Ron Artest. Major defensive factor. Pistons: Rasheed. Huge emotional factor.

11. Sheed. See 10.

12. True.

Let me first say, OK now this is the real thing, this series I predict will go down in Pacers history as one of the best, up there with the Bulls series in 1998, and any of the Knicks series.

i'd say at this moment in time they are even with a very very very slight edge for Brown.
    sheed
    Artest over Prince, then there are no real mismatches, as i see it, Tins is this year unproven against Billups, can you say Ace in the hole?
    It better be Al if he wants a job here next year!
    combo: Fred Jones, Jon Bender
    voodoo
    YES
    point afore
    Pacers will have to win one in Detroit, which everyone in the playoffs has done so far, so nothing the matter.
    JO/Ron/Tins
    Billups
    true = nervous, no sleep, no food or eating constant, the rest still functions fine (at THIS moment)
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Dead even two of the top 5 coaches in the NBA

Ben

Artest over Prince

AL

Interesting question, tough call. Croshere

Have no idea

NO

Number of free throw attempts. the team that shoots more free throws in any given game will win that game

Pacers are in trouble

Artest

Hamilton

True

1) Right now, who is a better coach, Larry Brown or Rick Carlisle? ANSWER: Rick, better record, both implementing totally new systems

2) Should Jermaine O'Neal guard Sheed or Ben?
    ANSWER: Sheed, Jeff needs to be on Ben to battle for the boards, When Jeff goes out put AL on Ben, He isnt really that tall, Artest could battle him too cause they are both about the same size. 6'7" same as Ron.

3) What is a bigger mismatch? Artest over Prince. Billups over Tinsley. Rip over Reggie. Or Ben over Foster?
    ANSWER: Artest over whoever. Ben might give him probs though, which is what I would try to do if I were Larry as an adjustment when Ron starts pickin the Piston D apart. I dunno if Ben can hang with Rons quickness though.. He is hell for the Pistons, the nightmare matchup of the playoffs, if our other guys can hit some shots.

4) Who will average more points off the bench AL or Corliss?
    ANSWER: AL will dominate Sheed and Corliss in pts rbs and all that.

5) Besides AL harrington who will be the Pacers most important player off the bench?
    ANSWER: Fred, for his good D on the guards.

6) Why does Eldon Campbell play great against the Pacers but horrible against every other team?
    ANSWER: He is bigger than our big guys, a good matchup for Pollard maybe

7) Should Pollard get any playing time to battle Okur or Campbell?
    ANSWER: Ya, but not on Okur, I think JO would do good on him.

8) The most important stat in this series will be?
    ANSWER: Turnovers and 8second violations =/

9) If the Pistons win game #1 tonight, that means what?
    ANSWER: They will probably win the series

10) Overall the Pacers most important player in this series will be?
    ANSWER: Artest

11) The one Pistons player the Pacers must contain is?
    ANSWER: Rip or Chauncy, more Rip

12) True or False: True! Pacers win!

Carlisle-- Game 5 of Pistons/Nets did it for me. For all the experience Brown has, not using available big men when NJ had none is baffling. Brown is still a great coach and has been for many years. But right now, Carlisle is better.

Ben, so he can stay out of foul trouble. Foster did a good job on Odom last series. I think he's quick enough and smart enough to handle a one-footed Rasheed.

Artest over Prince. I don't think I have to explain this one.

Assuming Al doesn't recover from the last series, Corliss. If Al plays like he did against Boston, than Al.

Freddie, mainly for his defense, slashing ability, and ball handling.

Beats me.

Sure, give him a shot. He's at least worth a few Hack-a-Ben's.

Like others have mentioned, turnovers.

The Pacers have to steal one in Detroit or Detroit wins.

Really, everybody has to step up. But I would have to say Tinsley. He must play under control and play good defense on Chauncey. And if he's hitting the 3, it only increases the Pacers' chances of winning

Rip Hamilton, no question. If he starts running off those screens and getting hot, the Pacers are in trouble. The defense must focus on Rip and prevent him from getting hot.

True. The fans of both teams should be.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

King Mob

1) Right now, who is a better coach, Larry Brown or Rick Carlisle. Emphasis on right now.

3) What is a bigger mismatch. Artest over Prince. With Billups over Tinsley a close second.

4) Who will average more points off the bench AL or Corliss. I would think Al, because Corliss isn't playing alot of minutes.

5) Besides AL harrington who will be the Pacers most important player off the bench: AJ/KA playing well against the trap is critical,IMO.

6) Why does Eldon Campbell play great against the Pacers but horrible against every other team. I plead the fif.

7) Should Pollard get any playing time to battle Okur or Campbell. Yes, please.

8) The most important stat in this series will be. Boards.

9) If the Pistons win game #1 tonight, that means what. Nothing. PAcers are just as capable of taking one in our house.

10) Overall the Pacers most important player in this series will be Tinsley

11) The one Pistons player the Pacers must contain is Rip

t:

Sports Logo

Toss up right now.

Sheed

Artest There will be games where Reggie outplays Rip and vice versa.

Corliss

Kenny Anderson and possibly Jones

Horrible joke from the basketball gods

Only if Cro or Al are not getting it done

pg minutes played

I will blame AJ ed:

I would just like to point out that in the last game Johnson was -12 In the game before that Johnson was -10 In the second game he was -3 Brewer was +10 and Anderson was -2 Johnson did not play the first game we won. So in total Johnson is -25 against the Pistons this year and Anderson is +0 I would rather have plus 0 than minus 25.

I just hope we are not down 3 games before he makes the change. I firmley belive we will not get by the Pistons with Johnson getting more than 8 to 10 minutes a game at the backup pg. I hope I am wrong and if I am you guys can make me eat my words.

Two ways to answer that one. 1. It is time for Reggie to put up points in each and every game. 2. Jermaine needs to play well. Better than he did in the last series.

Chauncy he can score just dont let him get his team involved. If we can turn him into Steve Francis we will win easy.

True but thats normal especially the bodily functions part .

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Tie. I'd go with Rick just because he was more willing to shake up the PG starting lineup at the beginning of the season than LB ever was when the SF spot was having problems.

I think Ben.

Until he shows he can step it up yet again, I must unwillingly choose Rip over Reggie.

If it isn't Al, then we're going to lose this series.

Croshere. If we get forced outside he can make the perimeter shot enough to change the focus of the Pistons' defense.

Man, if I could answer that, I'd be the guy making SportCenter megabucks. I have no clue - we seem to be rough on the opponent's stars but there's always one scrub who just kills us.

Yes. More fouls available and also need to make sure he's warmed up just in case he's needed starting June 6.

Rebounds, specifically offensive rebounds.

That the Pistons are up 1-0. Both teams have good road records so I won't be panicked unless they take both games in Indy. Unless of course they win because the Pacers continue to play like sleepwalkers. Then I'm going to yell plenty about it.

<baaaa> Jamaal Tinsley <baaaaa> Against a stifling defense precision ball distribution and legitimate outside threat is more than just vital, it's impossible to win without it. Second most important will be <gulp> AJ.

Hamilton. Got to stop the outside scoring so that we can make sure we're able to keep clogging the lanes.

False. I ate.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

wallaceX2

New (short) set of questions:

1. How much will home court matter to the Pacers?

2. Blowout or close game?

3. How many games will the series go?

4. Who's the bigger defensive factor: Artest or Big Ben?

5. Who's the bigger offensive factor: Hamilton or O'Neal?

6. Who will score the most for the Pacers this game? The Pistons?

7. Which team has more pressure on them?

Mood

A lot, see #3

Close

In this series it will be Ben because Artest will have to guard Prince and that is a waste.

I think hamilton because he'll score more but i think we have more weapons on O.

Pacers - Artest, Pistons - Billups

I think the Pistons because they got here last year so they have to improve. We've already gotten way farther than ever with this group. We'll be disappointed if we lose but I think we'll consider this season still a success.

just as much as it meant to the Pistons against the Nets

close, but not to close

6 or 7

Overall Artest

O'Neal whether he scores or not, he will demand the attention of at least two defenders

JO

Pistons, but by a small margin, they were here last year, for us this is already a vast improvement.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

1: Carlisle.
    2: Sheed. I think Foster can keep Ben in check better than he could Rasheed so put him on Ben.
    3: Billups over Tinsley.
    4: I think AL will break out of his slump and have a good run again.
    5: We might need those long arms of Bender alot more in this series.
    6: I have no idea.
    7: Campbell.
    8: FG%.
    9: Absolutely nothing. The reason I have faith in the Pacers is because we can win on the road and if we need to reclaim our homecourt advantage.
    10: JO.
    11: Rip.
    12. True. Mainly because I have nothing else to do until the game starts

Even.

Sheed because Ben will get too many offensive rebounds - let Foster post Ben out

I love Reggie tremendously, but Rip is a HUGE Pistons matchup advantage.

Fairly even - Al needs to step his game up - he could average way more.

Cro

I know nothing about this.

No. Cro can handle them fine and provides offensive sparks.

Rebounding. If Pacers don't pick it up from last series they will get thrashed on the boards.

Nothing, assuming Pacers win game 2.

Reggie Miller - The time is NOW

Chauncy Billups

Mostly false, part true because I certainly can't think about much past game 5 and I wish it would start!

Interesting to read some of these responses now, 4 games in

5) Besides AL harrington who will be the Pacers most important player off the bench? Austin Croshere
    He certainly has been the most important player, "off the bench."

Mood

fred if he's healthy, cro if he's not
    I think i called it too! (fred's not really healthy)

Turnovers.
    I think I nailed this one.

5) Besides AL harrington who will be the Pacers most important player off the bench?

Croshere. If we get forced outside he can make the perimeter shot enough to change the focus of the Pistons' defense.

Did anyone else here besides Rick Carlisle see this? Nice call, BillS.