Thread: So much for the TWolves

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default So much for the TWolves

The band of smug, egotistical, selfish, bandwagoning adulterers are going to win the title again. Great. ed:

I just love a league where the scum of the league is almost always hailed as champions.

Default Re: So much for the TWolves

Lakers have to get through the East, which now that NJ is out is guaranteed to be a fight.

Lakers have to get through the East, which now that NJ is out is guaranteed to be a fight.
    Neither us nor the Pistons are going to beat the Lakers. I'm not even so sure it will be that competitive now. If the Lakers play like they did last night, they may not lose a game the rest of the season.

I'm not going to get my hopes up that the Lakers will be beaten because, as I've already learned many times over, they just have too many variables in their favor. If they aren't playing well, then they're getting all the calls. If it's neither of those things, they're just plain super-lucky.

Neither us nor the Pistons are going to beat the Lakers. I'm not even so sure it will be that competitive now. If the Lakers play like they did last night, they may not lose a game the rest of the season.

I'm not going to get my hopes up that the Lakers will be beaten because, as I've already learned many times over, they just have too many variables in their favor. If they aren't playing well, then they're getting all the calls. If it's neither of those things, they're just plain super-lucky.
    I know yer a realist, but I think the Pacers or the Pistons got a real chance at beating the Lakers... the odds might be against the East, but the odds arent soooooo bad. Uh whats the odds of big slick in hold em again?

wallaceX2

There's nothing you can do to stop a shot with .4 seconds left. If the Lakers are going to keep hitting lucky shots, they'll win every year.

P.S. -- First post, I'm a Pistons fan (obviously), Pig Nash referred me here. I hope you Pacer fans don't kill me before I make a second post.

P.S. -- First post, I'm a Pistons fan (obviously), Pig Nash referred me here. I hope you Pacer fans don't kill me before I make a second post.
    Seriously though, Welcome aboard!

Mood

Hey wallace (or tape-leg2) glad to see your already making more intelligent post then some of our previous piston fans (coughwhodeancough). Glad your here.

Depends what you do between now and your second post.

Shade, I'm really beginning to wonder why you are still following the NBA if you think so lowly of it.
    [hr]
    I believe the Timberwolves will come back to win the series. It's not over, by a long shot.

wallaceX2

Depends what you do between now and your second post.

Alot of people complain about the calls the lakers supposedly gets but I don't buy into it in the same way shade seems to do.
    This is a league of superstar calls. Which means that if the Lakers have 4 of them in the starting line-up, then yes, all 4 of them are going to get the calls. But that's not the only team that gets them. Last night while watching the t-wolves game I saw Rick Fox drive to the basket only to be clearly chopped on the arm by KG with no call. It was right there, a non-call.

Every time I have been in the madison square garden watching the pacers play the knicks I've seen calls go in Reggie's favor that few other players would get.

Has there ever been biased officiating? Sure, refs are people too. But I don't buy it for a second that they are favoring the lakers above any other team.

Which team would I love to win it all: the Pacers.
    Which team is probably the best team right now: the Lakers.

Which team would I love to win it all: the Pacers.
    Which team is probably the best team right now: the Lakers.
    I know I'm being technical, but here I go.

I don't see the Lakers as the best "TEAM." I see them as four big-time players + a few spare parts. I think teams win championships, not individuals.

I think the Pacers are the best team. The gameplan is all revolved around the team, not individuals on the team.

I disagree with you partially:

The way the lakers played for much of the regular season and the first round they weren't much of a team. But once Malone got healthy they are really working together as a team more. Not in the triangle but then again, it wasn't designed for 4 players of that caliber.

Only great teams win a championship which is why I'm pretty confident in a pacers / lakers finals again.

Well Shade seems to think this year is over, so I guess hand them the trophy.

Wait wasnt he the one that said the pacers were gonna lose to the heat after game 4?

Seriously the lakers played a HELL of a game last nite, and that game was in doubt until a derek fisher 3 with about 1 minute left in the game.

The Twolves arent going down easy, and you can be damn sure the pacers wont either.

Id say the same for detroit too if they had homecourt against the lakers, but unforntunately they dont. thats why the pacers have to beat detroit, to dethrone the lakers if they make it, since detroit minus homecourt (and indiana OR minny minus homecourt) would probably stand no chance.

The Wolves match up poorly against the Lakers.

When Hassell and Johnson are on the floor together it allows Kobe and Shaq to roam and puts little pressure on them defensively. Flip will have to make adjustments to the starting line up for them to be competitive.

Plus the only point, a position the Lakers do stuggle against, on the Wolves roster is hurt.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

The Wolves lost their first game against the Kings ... and won the series.

Kevin Garnett was absolutely wiped out from the Game 7 but had to stay in because everyone else was wiped out as well.

This was definitely a victory for the Lakers because they we able to be better rested.

I think the Wolves are completely able to steal one back from the Lakers in LA.

This one goes all the way, folks.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Minnesota just needs to stop doubling Shaq. Let him go for 50 pts on two pt shots, just don't let the Fishers of the world drop wide open 3's on you.

The Pacers made the same mistake against Orlando in the ECF awhile back and paid dearly for it by watching wide open 3's kill their dream.

I remember watching Shaq get some ridiculous amount of points against us, 50+, and we still won by 10 because everyone else stood around and watched while we were efficient on offense.

Water