Thread: Wish me luck...

Mood

Default Wish me luck...

Amazingly, tomorrow will be my first time as a substitute teacher. Sure, I've done stuff through the university, and of course student taught, but this is my first time to show up "cold" to a class I don't know.

1st grade. Not my typical element (I'm more of an upper elementary guy), but we'll see how it goes...

I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar

Default Re: Wish me luck...

Hey, good luck. 1st graders aren't too bad. Hormones haven't kicked in, life hasn't beaten them down, and they still assume you're some sort of all-knowing authority figure based purely on your height.
    Narf!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Amazingly, tomorrow will be my first time as a substitute teacher. Sure, I've done stuff through the university, and of course student taught, but this is my first time to show up "cold" to a class I don't know.

1st grade. Not my typical element (I'm more of an upper elementary guy), but we'll see how it goes...
    Give them candy (read as: sleeping pills) You'll be set.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

Actually come to think of it, Monday's going to be the tougher day; I've agreed to relieve my mother of a day with her 6th grade class, with about a half-dozen kids in there who will probably keep me overly occupied with their choices... (I think it's a class of 26 or 28)

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hey, they're only first graders. They'll probably only break your spirit a little, saving the juicy morsels of your soul for the sixth graders next week.

Oh, and good luck!
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

G'luck!
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why did a pix of Arnold Schwartzenboggle just come to mind????
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

"SHUUUUUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!"

Just hope the teach left the seating chart.

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    Why did a pix of Arnold Schwartzenboggle just come to mind????
    It's NOT a tumor !!!
    Don't thank me, I'll kill ya.

Mood

Oye. Not the most fun day of my life. It was one of those days where I might as well have mimed my commands for all that actually went into their ears and hit their brains. You'd be dealing with one kid, 8 would be getting up behind you and doing 4 different things they shouldn't be. Not knowing their names makes it a ***** to deal with, and even the ones I quickly learned the names of just tuned me out. Math literally didn't happen today because of this. It was a 40 minute block of time.

I'm not going to tell you how to life your life or anything cause teaching is something you probably love doing. But a teacher is the last thing I would want to be, man if I was a teacher and a kid like me was my student I would snap. There is no way I would want to be a teacher with the way kids are today.

But you made the right choice teaching little kids in elementary kids because they haven't got a hold of rap music and video games and decided that they are gangsta yet.

First graders are really hard. They have short attention spans and you have to be "on" a lot longer. A day with first graders is really tiring.

Don't worry you'll learn how to get kid's attention. There's lots of tricks that you'll pick up on as you go.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

being a sub is horrid experience...
    you get lousy pay and no respect...
    gotta start somewhere though...
    good luck with it

Dude I used to love when you had a sub in high school. I used to see the sub and do a happy dance outside of the class. Then I would go in and kick it with the fine girlies cause the sub didnt know where my assigned seat was.

Ohh man the High School days.

ROT IN HELL COLLEGE or however Shade says it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    First graders are really hard. They have short attention spans and you have to be "on" a lot longer. A day with first graders is really tiring.

Don't worry you'll learn how to get kid's attention. There's lots of tricks that you'll pick up on as you go.

Like how to punch the one really annoying kid in the face without the rest of the class noticing. Then you can send that pain in the *** down to the nurses for a bloody nose.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    Like how to punch the one really annoying kid in the face without the rest of the class noticing. Then you can send that pain in the *** down to the nurses for a bloody nose.
    Then you be like I dont know what happened nurse his nose just started bleeding by itself.

or

Timmy hit him.

Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    I learned everything I know from Bruce Bowen.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Oye. Not the most fun day of my life. It was one of those days where I might as well have mimed my commands for all that actually went into their ears and hit their brains. You'd be dealing with one kid, 8 would be getting up behind you and doing 4 different things they shouldn't be. Not knowing their names makes it a ***** to deal with, and even the ones I quickly learned the names of just tuned me out. Math literally didn't happen today because of this. It was a 40 minute block of time.
    Don't you wish you had that seating chart I mentioned? Next time, obtain that -- somehow -- within 15 minutes or arrival.