Thread: Skip Bayless says colts had the best draft

Default Skip Bayless says colts had the best draft

Skip Bayless said on 1st and 10 that we had the best draft,from top to bottom.

And he kept saying how good Anthony Gonzalez is,and he went on and on about our later round picks.

The other guy on there with him didnt agree (suprise),and kept saying that we failed to help out our O-Line.

Just thought id share
    LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

Default Re: Skip Bayless says colts had the best draft

Not to take anything away from the colts draft, but Skip Bayless is the worst ESPN analyst of all time. Anything he says is out of sheer idiocy, or just to get people riled up..it's usually because he's an idiot though.

I think the Colts had a good draft, but to say it was the best over teams like Carolina, San Fran, and Cleveland is just wrong.

I agree that Bayless is an idiot, but how could the other guy say we didn't address our offensive line?
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

I wouldn't necessarily agree because I think Cleveland did. But anyone who knows Bayless knows he never said anything good about the Colts last year. So, we musta did good!
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

I'm with ya on Cleveland. They had a great draft - I just hope it doesn't pay off for another season since we have their 1st rd pick next year.

But the Colts had a very nice draft. Got some good players and Polian always knows who fits the system - they may not be the top ranked players left on the board but they almost always seem to work out. Frex, I'm sure I'd have taken Jarrett over Gonzales but I bet Gonzales will work better for the Colts who love to get speed out of the slot to open the field.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cleveland was miles ahead of everyone this draft. I'm still not sold on our decisions in round 1 and 2.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I think that the players we drafted will be fine players, especially in rounds one and two.

However how in the HELL can you not take a defenseive player?

We just lost Harper and David.

Mike Doss left. He was huge when Sanders was hurt early on, then Doss got hurt and I feel like that is when our defense really started going downhill.

Maybe most important we lost ANOTHER lineback. Cato June when to Tampa.

So if we had keep say June, David, and Harper maybe I can see going with a wide reciever at 32. However, we didn't keep them. We lost them. Now it is going to be up to guys like Kelvin Hayden, who did play well in the Super Bowl, to step up and play well.

I understand that Marvin won't last forever. I'm guessing they think AG will be his replacement. I'm sure AG will be a fine wideout in this league, especially with Wayne on the other side of the field and Manning throwing the ball to him, however I just don't see the need at this moment. Marvin still has more years left in him and I just can't see how we didn't take a defenseive player with the first round pick.

I'm also not for sure about Tony Ugoh. He should do well but trading a first round pick when your defense is at the state ours is in I just don't know about that.

I don't know, maybe I don't know the most about the NFL but i'm pretty worried about what the Colt's defense will be. I always had confident that we had the players last year we just had to get healthy. This year though I don't know.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bobby Beathard as well thought we had one of the best drafts. However I wouldn't take any stock in what he says after the hack jobs he had with the Fins in '72 and '73 and those Skins teams in the 80's...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

The Colts had a pretty good draft according to everyone. I don't like Skip Bayless, but it sounds like he actually made sense for once instead of being the sideshow he usually is.

The Colts will be fine at CB, they just needed depth. Jackson, Hayden, Jennings and Hughes will be fine... Hughes might actually start in front Hayden or Jackson. the odd man out will be used at nickel. Doss was out of the saftey picture. Sanders and Bethea are our guys, if unhealthy Jackson can play some safety and Giordana played well in spots.

We also picked up a safety and a few other corners in the draft.

As for LB, we have Morris and Brackett. I think we'll be able to replace Cato a lot easier then Washington, Peterson, or Thorton. Cato was good at dropping into coverage and getting to the ball, but he wasn't a great tackler, or good at reading the run. We have more LBs on the roster then it seems so hopefully one can step up... if not we can always go the free agent route, or trade for one. We'll be alright!

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm with ya on Cleveland. They had a great draft - I just hope it doesn't pay off for another season since we have their 1st rd pick next year.

But the Colts had a very nice draft. Got some good players and Polian always knows who fits the system - they may not be the top ranked players left on the board but they almost always seem to work out. Frex, I'm sure I'd have taken Jarrett over Gonzales but I bet Gonzales will work better for the Colts who love to get speed out of the slot to open the field.
    Who is we?
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    Who is we?
    Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    Hughes might actually start in front Hayden or Jackson
    Jeff Burris gave a glowing endorsement of Hughes on ESPN 950 yesterday, said he would not be surprised if he started.

I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    Dallas.
    You're a Cowboys and Knicks fan? C'mon. Tell me how that happens.
    Narf!

Quote Originally Posted by Robobtowncolt View Post
    You're a Cowboys and Knicks fan? C'mon. Tell me how that happens.
    LOL - well, I'm from NY and Walt Frazier once picked me up and sat me on a table while they were signing autographs which was pretty cool.

As for Dallas, that's more entertaining. I lived near there for a year and a half but that's incidental.

When I was 13 I went to visit my Uncle who lives in TX. He had seats near the 50-yrd line - right in front of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. I decided then and there that any team that paid women who looked that good to dance around wearing that little was worth cheering for. Plus I got to meet Staubach after the game.

I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar

Okay, that's fair. Glad I gave you the chance to explain before I started my mid-90's bandwagon jokes routine.
    Narf!

Good draft, yeah; best draft, no. Even coming from a bias standpoint, I don't think the Colts had the best draft. I don't care how good Alex Gonzo is, he is never going to be moved up better then a 3 (in our system). I know we drafted for a 3 but why our first round? We do have Peyton Manning throwing the ball, any good route running Joe schmo from Clairemont Div3 Jr. College can catch a Manning ball. Plus, this draft was stacked with receivers. I just think we should of upped our defense, Branch from Michigan would of been beautiful in between Freeney and that other fellow lol. Cleveland BY far got the best draft. Joe Thomas, Brady Quinn, and Eric Wright. They got a steal with Eric Wright seriously. Even though the legal problems, he's a darn good player.

Daymeion Hughes is a beast.

Cal Bears>>>>