Thread: Antonio Davis to Pacers?

Default Antonio Davis to Pacers?

This is from the rumor mill on CBS.Sportsline.com...

...NBA Rumor Mill... The Toronto Sun reports that the Bulls will likely trade Antonio Davis to a team in playoff contention prior to the February trade deadline.

I would really like AD back for the playoffs, he has been playing pretty well as of late.

Default Re: Antonio Davis to Pacers?

at 12 million dollars, there aren't many places he could land. Indiana isn't one of them, unless the Bulls have a desire to have both Pollard AND Croshere.

seriously, it's going to be hard to move that salary anywhere.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

My guess is it would be out west to one of the contenders - but who? And for what?

I look at him for the Knicks and it's kind of intriguing but do the Bulls want KVH? I doubt it. And with KT, Mutombo and Doleac (who's actually starting to look like a player contrary to ALL my expectations) I'm not sure we need him anyway.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Sports Logo

Oh man if the bulls would take Cro and Pollard for AD I say jump at it. Of course they are not that stupid.

Jamison for Davis works, straight-up, if Dallas wants to do that.

They shouldn't IMO.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They might tho...they need to bulk up inside defense.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Sports Logo

He would be helpefull if we faced the Lakers. He would be a bog boddie we could throw at Shaq. and he would be very good at backup center minutes. We would have to include Cro in any trade to make it work.

We are a little too deep right now this would give all of Cro and Pollards minutes to one person and solidify the rotation a lot. Total payroll is all that matters really. Plus in his last season we could move him for a really good player because of his large payroll.

It would save the Pacers over two million in 05/06 the last year of Antonio's contract. And 8 or nine million the next year. It would be a big sallery dump for us. No way Chicago would do this. Both Pollard and Cro's deals are at least as long and in Cro's case a year longer.

Sports Logo

We get Cro and Pollard off the books before we would get him off the books,
    Not true we get Pollard off the same year and Cro has one more year. So we would save over 10 million dollars by trading for him.

Sports Logo

We get Cro and Pollard off the books before we would get him off the books,
    Not true we get Pollard off the same year and Cro has one more year. So we would save over 10 million dollars by trading for him.
    AD doesn't come off the books in 2 years.
    Cro is through 06/07 and Pollard is 05/06 AD's deal ends the same year as Pollard. Which would save us the final year of Cro's deal.

Once again I know Chicago would not do this so it is moot.

Sports Logo

Clearly no way we throw in Harrington to make it woth while for the Bulls.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

LOL, this just hit me. AD woudln't get to wear his 33 if he somehow returned here. James Jones wears it.

tdeltdot

This is from the rumor mill on CBS.Sportsline.com...

...NBA Rumor Mill... The Toronto Sun reports that the Bulls will likely trade Antonio Davis to a team in playoff contention prior to the February trade deadline.

I would really like AD back for the playoffs, he has been playing pretty well as of late.
    A.D. was interviewed by a T.V. station from Toronto the other day when the Bulls played the Raptors and he insisted that if he were to be traded from the Bulls he would retire immediately. Apparantly his wife and kids live in Chicago and so he's not willing to play elsewhere.
    I'm guessing that he's not going to be traded any time soon...

LOL, this just hit me. AD woudln't get to wear his 33 if he somehow returned here. James Jones wears it.
    He'd jus buy it from him for $25k or so. Heck, I'd do it.
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

A.D. was interviewed by a T.V. station from Toronto the other day when the Bulls played the Raptors and he insisted that if he were to be traded from the Bulls he would retire immediately. Apparantly his wife and kids live in Chicago and so he's not willing to play elsewhere.
    I'm guessing that he's not going to be traded any time soon...
    What would happen if he did retire...Would the Bulls be stuck with his over inflated, not worth the trade, I'll pass on him...numbers?

By the way, I hate this trade idea.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74