Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SJax: JO wants out of Indy

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: SJax: JO wants out of Indy

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Give me a break, you guys are on the hate train if you read that benign article and work into a lather.
    QFT, I really wonder what people would think and post if Cro or even Reggie Miller laid down the same quotes. Don't disregard the message no matter how much you dislike the messenger.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Tell me that REGGIE MILLER didn't do 100% more damage by going on national TV and saying "there's still problems in that locker room" after Artest was traded.

Let's burn Reggie in effigy, he ruined the Pacers ability to deal players.

You know who did more trade value damage by letting out secrets? The fans that openly boo'd Jackson and made it clear that he wasn't wanted at all costs. You don't think that impacted the Pacers ability to get a fair deal for him?

I guess you should have all kept quiet, pretended to love him, thrown flowers after games...right until he was traded, then you'd all say "ha ha, we fooled you".

In other words, you guys have a ridiculous sense of what is impacting JO's trade value right now. The teams W-L record and JO's contract have a lot more to say about it. JO's own words about "maybe we will want to part ways" has a lot more to say about it. The FANS talking about rebuilding, tearing it down and being sick of watching JO shoot 43% have more to say about it.

Again, I'm not actually a huge Jackson fan. But I'm watching a torch-bearing mob running amuck right now and it bugs me. It's getting out of control.
    I'm not sure why it would hurt us... everything he said about JO was good. Nothing there hurts JO's value or TPTB's bargaining power.
    Anthem, I can't tell you how much I needed to see a response like this right about now.

Reggie didn't say "The following Indiana Pacers are bad seeds: *list*"

If either he or Croshere had said what Jackson said, I still think it's bad. The more convinced other GMs are that a player wants out, the more likely they are to send lowball offers.

Some of you may have started as Jackson defenders against over-the-top "haters" (I almost thought that term had finally left this forum... ), but now you guys are too sensitive to it. There's nothing to get in a roar about here.

I really don't see what the big deal is anyway. NBA teams know that JO is available - but they also know that the Pacers are in a "dump JO" mode either.

The purge (that started after 11/19 should be complete by the end of August.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Seth, there a BIG difference between talking to the press and BEING A MEMBER of the press.

Jackson is intentionally talking crap about our franchise and the trade while at the same time trying to prop up his old buddy.

Hello, the losing streak had a lot to do with players that were already here, too.

Didn't work out my butt. Jackson should look in the mirror and figure out what REALLY didn't work out. But rather than talk about himself and his own YEARS OF FAILURE in Indy, he'd rather give guys 5 months and declare that they "didn't work out".

Absolutely no class. Absolutely no responsibility. Absolutely no point other than to try and make himself feel better.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Banned

Just maybe, JO asked his buddy Jack to make those comments for him, HMMM. Yep, I think is just about right.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That is it we need to trade Stephen Jackson......Oh wait we already did

The Future Is Bright JB's Breakout Year's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This guy needs a smack in the mouth.

He has as much class in his whole body as JO has in his little toe.

**** you, Jackhole. Quit doing us "favors".
    Well said. No- VERY well said.

Jackson has an axe to grind with the Pacers. How dare they trade his mediocre ***! Look how great he is now!

Never mind that it's the just second round of the playoffs-he's obviously a star!

Never mind that he missed that open three to beat the Jazz in Game 1- he makes love to pressure!

Never mind that he's hopping up and down like a 3 year old when he doesn't get a call while his man goes down and nails a three on the other end- the Pacers traded away the player JO needed to win- HIM!

And on and on. He's got an agenda to make himself look like the victim and like a star. The trade is one half season old, and obviously the Warriors are the winners? Give me a break.

Keep kissing Baron Davis' ***, Jackson, because he's the reason you are where you are. Just like with Tim Duncan.

Jackson is intentionally talking crap about our franchise
    I don't see it.

If anything, his words will drive the price up, not down. "It's going to have to be a perfect deal" = "People are going to have to pay through the nose to get JO", but "monster" = "JO will succeed wherever he goes."

That's the kind of thing I like to hear.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Don't tell it like it is, Anthem. The sky is falling! Jack is out to get us! Call the cops!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Come to think of it, this doesn't even make sense...

"I don't think he has any patience (left), but Jermaine is the ultimate professional," Jackson told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday. "But he wants to get out of there because all of the guys they brought in to build the team around him are gone now. Me, Ron (Artest) and Al (Harrington). I've heard rumors that (Jamaal) Tinsley wants to leave, too.
    Um...Al was traded for Jack, and Ron was essentially traded for Al. It wasn't possible to have all three guys on this team around JO.

Btw, Ron demanded out, he wasn't forced out. And last I heard, JO wanted him out, too.

As for the JO-Al-Jack era...yeah, that worked out just dandy. You had your chance, and you didn't get it done.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

NBA trades are not negotiated through the press, I can't see where this has any REAL impact on the JO situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mouth Jackson
    because you know from the deal they made with us (landing Mike Dunleavy and Troy Murphy) it didn't work out for them," Jackson said. "They don't want to make a bad deal again.
    Bull****. It is impossible to judge that trade from the Pacers' perspective. The Pacers didn't make that trade for the '07 playoffs, they made that trade to get a head start on the '07 training camp. And they may not be done fixing the roster that at one point in time was broken with so many self-centered pricks like SJax, Artest, Saras, AJ and perhaps (according to many of you) JO, Tinsley, and Al, led by Mr. Personalit himself, Carlisle.

The 2003-04 Pacers were a lot like the Fleetwood Mac Rumors album - all the tension and angst produced something that was almost great *once*, but it also damn near killed them all.

Its not that "the trade didn't work out". Its that it will take a while for the Pacers to purge themselves of all the various forms of cancer that plagued the team.

Its totally unreasonable to judge this trade for the Pacers without the benefit of a training camp. The Pacers aquired "system" players without the luxury of taking the time to teach them the system.

Ironically, the Pacers for the first time probably acquired players that Rick could coach as well, but it was too little too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Low-IQ Jackson
    "But he wants to get out of there because all of the guys they brought in to build the team around him are gone now. Me, Ron (Artest) and Al (Harrington). I've heard rumors that (Jamaal) Tinsley wants to leave, too.
    Let's see: Ron always wanted to resolve the "who's the #1 scoring option" debate (even though it wasn't really a debate except in Ron's b!-p0l@r head) by a fist fight. I'd hardly say that's "building around JO". Al and JO needed to both play in the post, and there wasn't enough room for both of them. SJax would shoot a 3-pointer too early in the shotclock or stand still (no movement) when JO was double-teamed in the post and then shoot too inconsistently from the perimeter to be useful, so its not like SJax was a player that was very good at complimenting JO either.

The only player they ever brought in that really did compliment JO on the court was Peja, but that didn't work out very well when Peja decided he couldn't stand Rick, didn't want to playin hte playoffs, and wanted to leave as soon as he contract expired.

Remember when JO was asking for Jon Barry, or someone like him that could be a dead-eye perimeter shooter.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Seth, are you actually arguing that confirmation form a recent teammate and friend has absolutely no influence on the trade offers we're going to get now for JO? Sorry, but I completely disagree. That's nearly as bad as Ron going public with trade demands.

You're making this out to be much, much more than it is. This isn't a witch hunt. Jack has done nearly irreparable damage to this franchise, and now he's taking a shot at our fans to boot:

"Hopefully it works for him because you play so much better when you're somewhere you want to be, in a place where you are wanted. That's why I'm having so much success here, because they've embraced me like a newborn."
    It's called a honeymoon, Jack. Keep playing the way you have the last two games and Warriors fans will get tired of your schtick really fast as well.

Jack has no sense of responsibility whatsoever. Nothing is ever his fault, if you listen to him.

Boo-hoo, the refs are out to get me. Boo-hoo, the fans don't like me.

Gee, Jack I can't imagine why that is. Could it be because your hot-headed "act-first-and-never-think" attitude helped escalate a riot that has ruined our last three seasons, including one in which we were legit title contenders? Could it be because you keep playing lax defense, let your man score while you constantly ***** at the refs, take ill-advised shot after shot, and cuss out the coach on national television? No, that couldn't be it, could it? You're just an innocent person "keeping it real" and "being discrimated against" because "you're Stephen Jackson."

Jack needs to grow up and take responsiblity for his actions, and people need to stop making excuses for his foolish, childish behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post

Bull****. It is impossible to judge that trade from the Pacers' perspective. The Pacers didn't make that trade for the '07 playoffs, they made that trade to get a head start on the '07 training camp. And they may not be done fixing the roster that at one point in time was broken with so many self-centered pricks like SJax, Artest, Saras, AJ and perhaps (according to many of you) JO, Tinsley, and Al, led by Mr. Personalit himself, Carlisle.

Its not that "the trade didn't work out". Its that it will take a while for the Pacers to purge themselves of all the various forms of cancer that plagued the team.

Its totally unreasonable to judge this trade for the Pacers without the benefit of a training camp. The Pacers aquired "system" players without the luxury of taking the time to teach them the system.

Ironically, the Pacers for the first time probably acquired players that Rick could coach as well, but it was too little too late.

That is the post of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I don't see it.

If anything, his words will drive the price up, not down. "It's going to have to be a perfect deal" = "People are going to have to pay through the nose to get JO", but "monster" = "JO will succeed wherever he goes."

That's the kind of thing I like to hear.
    I must respectfully disagree, especially about driving the price for JO up.
    Even if your theory were true, and teams feel like they need to up the ante in a bidding war, it doesn't change the fact that Jackson feels he has the right to play player spokesman or agent or whatever he's doing. And that's - well - wrong.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

LA, is it tampering?

How much did the Pacers get fined for Rick's tampering on the coaching search?

I'd laugh hysterically if SJax was fined a huge $$$ amount for tampering.

How the hell are you guys getting all offended by this?

Jack was asked a question about his friend and former teammate, and he answered with nothing but respect and praise.

Y'all are really starting to look embarrassingly bitter.

This is a complete non-issue, Jack did absolutely nothing wrong here, if anything he's trying to advocate for the best possible deal to help both sides.

LA, is it tampering?

I didn't think or know that there was any sort of tampering rule. ???

And what has Carlisle said? I missed that entirely.

Or am I too dense to get a joke?

Sports Logo

LA, is it tampering?

Stern loves to make an example of SJax......I think he can find a reason to fine him for this.....
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post

Jack was asked a question about his friend and former teammate, and he answered with nothing but respect and praise.

This is a complete non-issue, Jack did absolutely nothing wrong here, if anything he's trying to advocate for the best possible deal to help both sides.
    So you admit that he's playing advocate?

The only person he was "respectful" to was JO, unless of course you consider the fact that JO has gone way out of his way to stay in the good graces of Indy fans recently and Jackson just sabotaged all of that work by saying that JO wants out.

If I were JO, I'd be pissed as hell.

I would feel the same way if Steve Nash said Dirk wanted out of Dallas. The professional and proper response is "I can't speak for him, so you'll have to ask him."

But you've put up your wall and I honestly think that Jackson can do no harm in your eyes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    Seth, are you actually arguing that confirmation form a recent teammate and friend has absolutely no influence on the trade offers we're going to get now for JO? Sorry, but I completely disagree. That's nearly as bad as Ron going public with trade demands.

You're making this out to be much, much more than it is. This isn't a witch hunt. Jack has done nearly irreparable damage to this franchise, and now he's taking a shot at our fans to boot:

It's called a honeymoon, Jack. Keep playing the way you have the last two games and Warriors fans will get tired of your schtick really fast as well.

Jack has no sense of responsibility whatsoever. Nothing is ever his fault, if you listen to him.

Boo-hoo, the refs are out to get me. Boo-hoo, the fans don't like me.

Gee, Jack I can't imagine why that is. Could it be because your hot-headed "act-first-and-never-think" attitude helped escalate a riot that has ruined our last three seasons, including one in which we were legit title contenders? Could it be because you keep playing lax defense, let your man score while you constantly ***** at the refs, take ill-advised shot after shot, and cuss out the coach on national television? No, that couldn't be it, could it? You're just an innocent person "keeping it real" and "being discrimated against" because "you're Stephen Jackson."

Jack needs to grow up and take responsiblity for his actions, and people need to stop making excuses for his foolish, childish behavior.

The Jack supporters just don't get it and they never will, it is delusional to think otherwise.

That would be foolish, unless he has his NBPA agent's license, which would likely have instructed him to keep his mouth shut about things like this, even if he was privvy to what was going on.

Under any of these defintions, the answer he gave would be entirely inappropriate for him, as a member of one NBA franchise, to be advocating a trade among other NBA franchises.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/advocate

1. One that argues for a cause; a supporter or defender: an advocate of civil rights.

2. One that pleads in another's behalf; an intercessor: advocates for abused children and spouses.

3. A lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgin56 View Post
    The Jack jockstrap hangers, just don't get it and they never will, it is delusional to think otherwise.
    What the hell does that add to the conversation?

Man, the double standard around here, particularly regarding Jack, is RIDICULOUS.

I didn't think or know that there was any sort of tampering rule. ???

And what has Carlisle said? I missed that entirely.

Or am I too dense to get a joke?
    In Rick's press conference, he mentioned several potential candidates, all of which are under contract to other NBA teams. I think Rick forgot that he's still a Pacers employee as VP of Basketball something-and-such.

The NBA is investigating, or was investigating, or something.

It was foolish for Rick to speculate publicly on the coaching candidates.

I think you're living in denial about Stephen Jackson where you can't see anything wrong, whatever he does. This behaviour of you (and some others) has led me to really dislike the guy, much more than I did when he just came to the Pacers.

It's good to have favourite players (heck, I made the "wrong" choice to like Sarunas) but we don't have to go overboard and defend our guys to the end, and I know I did the same with the Sarunas bashfest some time ago. Looking backwards I can only smile about it and I don't get angry anymore if someone still says something negative about him. I certainly don't feel the need to make big argumentive posts to point out why I care about the guy, which only fickles the one who dislike him.

It's allright to agree to disagree about certain subjects, but let's not aggrivate each other, it only makes us more cynical and bitter!
    Maceo Baston's #1 fan on Pacers Digest!