Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 69

Thread: Great One Denies Asking to be traded

  1. #26
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,526

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Great One Denies Asking to be traded

    33 million Canadians would disagree.

    And yes, there is only one "great one." I don't care if he plays water polo. JO has neither the rings nor the numbers to challenge for it.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  2. #27
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Great One Denies Asking to be traded

    You really take yourself way too seriously. Everytime I make a joke you come up in my thread correcting my ****, its a JOKE. Relax, Good God.

    I also call Jermaine O'Neal God, why dont you give me a lesson on religion and why Jermaine O'Neal isnt God.

  3. #28

    Default Re: Great One Denies Asking to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    but that wouldn't put them over the top.

    JO wouldn't alone, but it would put them near the top. Right now they are stuck at the base of the mountain.

  4. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    272

    Default Re: Great One Denies Asking to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You really take yourself way too seriously. Everytime I make a joke you come up in my thread correcting my ****, its a JOKE. Relax, Good God.

    I also call Jermaine O'Neal God, why dont you give me a lesson on religion and why Jermaine O'Neal isnt God.

    Jermaine has asked for a trade twice this season. He said it very clearly when he clearly has stated that he doesn't want to be part of a rebuilding process. The PAcers are going in that direction. More than likely he will be traded west.

    Jermaine O'Neal is an average player who in the western conference would not make the All Star team. You can call him whatever you want, but he is not a an NBA superstar or a champion... he's just a nice guy with a decent attitude it's just that simple.

  5. #30

    Default Re: Great One Denies Asking to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're telling me that if KG isn't available, the Lakers would stay pat rather than trade Bynum and Odom for JO? No way does the current Laker team get out of the first round next year. They would sacrifice another year of Kobe's prime to wait on Bynum?
    Yes, I think they would stand pat rather than overpaying in their opinion.

  6. #31
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Great One Denies Asking to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSMASH View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jermaine has asked for a trade twice this season. He said it very clearly when he clearly has stated that he doesn't want to be part of a rebuilding process. The PAcers are going in that direction. More than likely he will be traded west.

    Jermaine O'Neal is an average player who in the western conference would not make the All Star team. You can call him whatever you want, but he is not a an NBA superstar or a champion... he's just a nice guy with a decent attitude it's just that simple.
    That makes no sense. When he CLEARLY states that he wants to be traded, he will say: "I want to be traded." He never said that. Quit throwing your baseless JO allegations around. We realize you don't like him...but don't twist words into what they are not. And to say JO wouldn't be at least an all-star in the west is laughable. He's a premier PF in this league. Maybe not top 3 anymore, but if he put together a healthy season with a good team around him..He would put up all star numbers. You put Jermaine in San Antonio for Duncan and the Spurs wouldn't lose much which tells you how good JO truly is. If we get equal young talent back for JO, then I'm all for trading him..but we probably wont get a great offer from any team. Most teams will just try and low ball us and we will end up not trading him. I could really only see JO landing in LA or another team that is desperate for a great low post scorer, and would be willing to give up draft picks and young talent.

    The problem with JO when he's been in Indy is that he hasn't had a side kick since the Artest era. No player in this league..especially low post players can win you every game. Too much contact in the paint for one big man to carry your team which is why you never see a big man single handedly will his team to wins like Kobe and Lebron do.

  7. #32

    Default Re: Great One Denies Asking to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JO wouldn't alone, but it would put them near the top. Right now they are stuck at the base of the mountain.
    Agreed. But then how do they get over the top without anything anyone truly wants? Thats why they wouldn't give it all (Odom AND Bynum) for JO, Gasol, or anyone else not named KG.

  8. #33
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,794

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Great One Denies Asking to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That makes no sense. When he CLEARLY states that he wants to be traded, he will say: "I want to be traded." He never said that. Quit throwing your baseless JO allegations around. We realize you don't like him...but don't twist words into what they are not. And to say JO wouldn't be at least an all-star in the west is laughable. He's a premier PF in this league. Maybe not top 5 anymore, but if he put together a healthy season with a good team around him..He would put up all star numbers. You put Jermaine in San Antonio for Duncan and the Spurs wouldn't lose much which tells you how good JO truly is.
    The Spurs would lose a lot if they swapped.

    They're so good, because of the way they share the ball. JO would kill their offense, and make Tony Parker into a distributor instead of a scorer. JO demands too many touches and shoots too low of a percentage to say they wouldn't lose much, I mean Tim shoots 10% better than JO and only averaged .6 more points.

    Tim does just about everything better than JO (the link to their rankings is below), and is said to be a great teammate. Steve Kerr said the other night that Tim was his favorite teammate of all time, I think that says something.

    http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tim_du...eer_stats.html
    http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jermai...eer_stats.html
    Rankings for this season are at the bottom.

    And JO has said he doesn't want to be a part of a rebuilding process. I think he's came very close to saying he wants traded publicly, and I can assume he holds back from saying his true 100% feelings to the media.

  9. #34

    Default Re: Great One Denies Asking to be traded

    JO isn't nearly as good as Duncan. I'm beginning to believe that Duncan may be underrated and will end up as being considered on sort list of greats.

    Jo is very forthright with them media. If he was asking to be traded he would have asked to be traded. And if Bird wants to take a jab at JO each year and say maybe they need to bring in someone else, why is JO out there by echoing what Bird is saying. I don't know who makes what moves but I think Bird has a big mouth.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

    "'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

  10. #35

    Default Re: Great One Denies Asking to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSMASH View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jermaine has asked for a trade twice this season. He said it very clearly when he clearly has stated that he doesn't want to be part of a rebuilding process. The PAcers are going in that direction. More than likely he will be traded west.

    Jermaine O'Neal is an average player who in the western conference would not make the All Star team. You can call him whatever you want, but he is not a an NBA superstar or a champion... he's just a nice guy with a decent attitude it's just that simple.

    An average player? He's the 246th best player in the NBA?

  11. #36
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Great One Denies Asking to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSMASH View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jermaine has asked for a trade twice this season. He said it very clearly when he clearly has stated that he doesn't want to be part of a rebuilding process. The PAcers are going in that direction. More than likely he will be traded west.

    Jermaine O'Neal is an average player who in the western conference would not make the All Star team. You can call him whatever you want, but he is not a an NBA superstar or a champion... he's just a nice guy with a decent attitude it's just that simple.
    Ohh okay thanks for breaking down Jermaine O'neal for me, I have only seen him play 2 times.

    Nothing you say, nothing those lies about those sources you got say will ever make me think Jermaine is just an average player. Troy Murphy and Ike Diogu are average player, Jermaine O'Neal puts up 20,10 and 2. There is 5-6 guys in the NBA that do that.

    Now go back to spreading your lies about sources and downtown Indianapolis meetings or whatever you call them.

  12. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,095

    Default Re: Great One Denies Asking to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JO isn't nearly as good as Duncan. I'm beginning to believe that Duncan may be underrated and will end up as being considered on sort list of greats.
    ???

    In 10 seasons he's been in the all-star game 9 times, all NBA-1st team 9 times, 2nd team 1, all-defensive 1st team 6 times, 2nd team 3 (this year's hasn't been announced), and league MVP 2 times. Plus he was rookie of the year.

    Not sure why he's either underrated or will go down as anything but one of the all-time greats.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  13. #38
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,526

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Great One Denies Asking to be traded

    Tim Duncan is either the greatest or 2nd greatest power forward of all time, depending on who you talk to. Nobody has him any lower than #2.

    I fail to see how he's underrated.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  14. #39
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,794

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Great One Denies Asking to be traded

    Coincidently, Bill Simmons has an article up about him right now.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...9&sportCat=nba

    Not his best, but not bad.

  15. #40
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Great One Denies Asking to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Spurs would lose a lot if they swapped.

    They're so good, because of the way they share the ball. JO would kill their offense, and make Tony Parker into a distributor instead of a scorer. JO demands too many touches and shoots too low of a percentage to say they wouldn't lose much, I mean Tim shoots 10% better than JO and only averaged .6 more points.

    Tim does just about everything better than JO (the link to their rankings is below), and is said to be a great teammate. Steve Kerr said the other night that Tim was his favorite teammate of all time, I think that says something.

    http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tim_du...eer_stats.html
    http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jermai...eer_stats.html
    Rankings for this season are at the bottom.
    Would JO demand so many touches if his team mates didn't straight up suck?

    I'm sorry, but I don't buy it. Timmy Duncan is a better player then JO, but I still think the Spurs would be a 55+ win team in the west if you switched JO and Duncan. Duncan doesn't face near as many double teams or cramped up lanes because he has team mates who can create their own shots and hit 3s. In Indiana, the closest player we have outside of JO who can create his own shot is Tinsley. The best shooter 3 point shooter we have is Granger...who isn't even that good of a shooter.

    You are also leaving out the fact that JO has been playing injured for the past 2 years.

  16. #41
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,794

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Great One Denies Asking to be traded

    You mean have a teammate that didn't suck like having Ron or Reggie?

    Wait, he had both of them at the same time. He and Ron didn't get a long because the offense was designed for JO. The same offense that Rick reverted back too after JO's "heated discussion" 8 games into the season.

    I'm not trying to knock down JO at all, but he is no where close to what Tim is. Tim is one of the greatest players to ever play the game, and that's not just something you can swap out with and not expect to get worse.

    You should really read Simmons' article. He makes a very good case.

  17. #42
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Great One Denies Asking to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean have a teammate that didn't suck like having Ron or Reggie?
    61 wins and a trip to the ECF when he had those teammates. After he didnt have those teammates and he was stuck with a bunch of dudes who cant create their own shot or cant hit a jump shot to save their life thats when he started to look worse. If you put Tim Duncan on this team he would look just as bad as Jermaine does.

  18. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,095

    Default Re: Great One Denies Asking to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tim Duncan is either the greatest or 2nd greatest power forward of all time, depending on who you talk to. Nobody has him any lower than #2.

    I fail to see how he's underrated.
    I have him second behind Malone - for now.

    He plays another 5-6 years at his current level and I'll swap 'em.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  19. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    272

    Default Re: Great One Denies Asking to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That makes no sense. When he CLEARLY states that he wants to be traded, he will say: "I want to be traded." He never said that. Quit throwing your baseless JO allegations around. We realize you don't like him...but don't twist words into what they are not. And to say JO wouldn't be at least an all-star in the west is laughable. He's a premier PF in this league. Maybe not top 3 anymore, but if he put together a healthy season with a good team around him..He would put up all star numbers. You put Jermaine in San Antonio for Duncan and the Spurs wouldn't lose much which tells you how good JO truly is. They get help from the refs and low post players do not...but that's a completely different discussion. If we get equal young talent back for JO, then I'm all for trading him..but we probably wont get a great offer from any team. Most teams will just try and low ball us and we will end up not trading him. I could really only see JO landing in LA or another team that is desperate for a great low post scorer, and would be willing to give up draft picks and young talent.

    The problem with JO when he's been in Indy is that he hasn't had a side kick since the Artest era. No player in this league..especially low post players can win you every game. Too much contact in the paint for one big man to carry your team which is why you never see a big man single handedly will his team to wins like Kobe and Lebron do.

    Doesn't matter if I like him or not...He has already made it known to his agent and friends that he wants to be traded...thats how players like O'Neal operate...All smiles and "How are you" while he's twisting the knife in your back...ask Ron Artest. Jermaine should have thought about the sidekick crap when he was trying to run Ron out of town...just my opinion, but Jermaine did not want Ron on this team due to Rons improvemnet and need for more touches. Artest did not see Carlisle adjust or that the PAcers were going away from Jermaine's 25 touches a night and like the rest of the spoilded NBA brats had a tantrum and asked to be traded...

    The NBA is a mans league....O'Neal thinks he needs to be the man, but the cold hard fact is that he's not the man!

    All in all your just another J.O. Fan that has drank the red Kool Aid!

  20. #45
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Great One Denies Asking to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean have a teammate that didn't suck like having Ron or Reggie?

    Wait, he had both of them at the same time. He and Ron didn't get a long because the offense was designed for JO. The same offense that Rick reverted back too after JO's "heated discussion" 8 games into the season.

    I'm not trying to knock down JO at all, but he is no where close to what Tim is. Tim is one of the greatest players to ever play the game, and that's not just something you can swap out with and not expect to get worse.

    You should really read Simmons' article. He makes a very good case.
    Reggie Miller at the end of his career and a mentally insane teammate in Ron Artest isn't exactly comparable to Manu and Parker...not to mention the Ron, Reggie, and JO teams were a couple injuries away from the finals. I'll give the article a read and drop this because what I am saying is basically unprovable seeing as how Tim and JO would never be swapped.

    I just think JO hasn't got his fair share while he has been in Indy. I don't think JO is on Timmy D's level, but I really think the Spurs would be just fine with JO because they have such a great team around Duncan.

  21. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    272

    Default Re: Great One Denies Asking to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ohh okay thanks for breaking down Jermaine O'neal for me, I have only seen him play 2 times.

    Nothing you say, nothing those lies about those sources you got say will ever make me think Jermaine is just an average player. Troy Murphy and Ike Diogu are average player, Jermaine O'Neal puts up 20,10 and 2. There is 5-6 guys in the NBA that do that.

    Now go back to spreading your lies about sources and downtown Indianapolis meetings or whatever you call them.

    Dude,

    Get back on your meds!

    Your very emotional arn't you when it comes to this topic. You can't handle that Jermaine O'Neal is just an averge NBA player thats won nothing, yet has a 19 million dollar contract. No Troy and Ike are just under average NBA players. You can't put O'Neal in Tim Duncans class or a Rasheed Wallace class. Heck at one point Ron Artest was better than O'Neal...Artest could play both ends of the floor ...teams actually feared him...

    Nobody fears O'Neal anymore, but if you want to think thatthey do..

    It's OK!

    PS...one thing I am not is a liar. I'm surprized the Digest's mods haven't done anything with your thread...

  22. #47
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Great One Denies Asking to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSMASH View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dude,

    Get back on your meds!

    Your very emotional arn't you when it comes to this topic. You can't handle that Jermaine O'Neal is just an averge NBA player thats won nothing, yet has a 19 million dollar contract. No Troy and Ike are just under average NBA players. You can't put O'Neal in Tim Duncans class or a Rasheed Wallace class. Heck at one point Ron Artest was better than O'Neal...Artest could play both ends of the floor ...teams actually feared him...

    Nobody fears O'Neal anymore, but if you want to think thatthey do..

    It's OK!

    PS...one thing I am not is a liar. I'm surprized the Digest's mods haven't done anything with your thread...
    What they gonna do to my thread? Lock it because I posted a article.

    Nobody fears Jermaine thats why everytime he steps on the floor there is a double team on him.

    Now you go back to posting fake trades from downtown Indianapolis.

  23. #48
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Great One Denies Asking to be traded

    Guys - DaSMASH posts just to rile people up. He's admitted as much. Let him think that JO's an average player and move on. Don't feed the troll.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  24. #49
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,526

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Great One Denies Asking to be traded

    I'd double Rawle Marshall if I knew he was incapable of finding the open man...

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  25. #50
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Great One Denies Asking to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd double Rawle Marshall if I knew he was incapable of finding the open man...
    Many times Jermaine hits the open man and many times the open man misses a wide open jumpshot. Who is he supposed to pass to? No one on this team can shoot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •