Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46

Thread: Jermaine a Bobcat next year

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    272

    Default Jermaine a Bobcat next year

    ..........little Birdys (no pun intended) tell me that when the Pacers were in Charlotte the other night there were private discussions between two former NBA superstars about an off season deal between the Pacers and the Bobcats. Firsdt, since Charlotte is way below the salary cap they could absorb Jermaines contact easily. This also make a little more sense as Jermaine is a Carolina's native.

    The trade would consist of Walter Herrmann,Sean May and Raymond Felton (total of 7 million) and Charlottes 2 first round picks (theres and Torontos) for Jermaine.

    While many of you may not like this trade, it would definitly benifit the Pacers. First it would bring us below the salary cap and make us instant players in the free agent market. We would get way under the cap and have two decent first round picks to supplement the talent. This trade would also enable other trades that would surely involve Jamal Tinsley, Troy Murphy and Jeff Foster.

    Michael Jordan will push for this trade because O'Neal is the All star type player that they need to move into the next level, becasue if they don't make this type of move the Bobcat fan base will QUICKLY deteriorate.

  2. #2
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Jermaine a Bobcat next year

    That would currently be the #5 and #22 picks. A major cap relief and a top 5 pick along with the table scraps? I'd consider it, but most would cry foul. One of those table scraps being a PG eases the pain for me.

    *edit* Felton is a 14ppg 7apg guy this year. Disregard the "table scraps" comment.

  3. #3
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: Jermaine a Bobcat next year

    Your little birdy hasn't been very accurate lately, DaSmash. Been a long time since you got a hit, and it looks like that streak is going to continue.

    Rumor aside, your basic facts are wrong. If we shed 10mil, we'd still be over the cap and thus we'd be unable to pursue major free agents. Plus, there aren't any great free agents available to us this year.

    I call shenanigans.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  4. #4
    Gotta Play Big
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,783

    Default Re: Jermaine a Bobcat next year

    Yes, Hermann is an interesting player. Felton provides much needed quickness to this team. The best thing about it is a #5 pick. That would be huge in this particular draft.

    ...but the talent level definitely drops again with that trade.

    I actually doubt Charlotte would do that.

    TOTAL BS!

  5. #5
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,373

    Default Re: Jermaine a Bobcat next year

    That sounds almost too good to be true. A potential #5 pick and a 22nd pick and 3 players.... and we get salary relief?

    If the front office decides to move JO then I can't imagine a much better deal coming our way... especially IF a player they want is sitting by the phone when Charlotte's time to pick comes up.


    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    272

    Default Re: Jermaine a Bobcat next year

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your little birdy hasn't been very accurate lately, DaSmash. Been a long time since you got a hit, and it looks like that streak is going to continue.

    Rumor aside, your basic facts are wrong. If we shed 10mil, we'd still be over the cap and thus we'd be unable to pursue major free agents. Plus, there aren't any great free agents available to us this year.

    I call shenanigans.
    I have only relayed what the talks were about, I will never say that this is what is going to happen, because in the NBA a deal is on the table one day and ots just a failed physical away from falling through.

    I do know that Jermaine will be traded this summer, only because they have tried to build around him and failed since Reggie has retired and Artest was traded. The Pacers have given Jermaine enough time to show what kind of player and leader that he is.

    The PAcers current salarys total at $70.3 million. Next year Bender, Baston, Armstrong, Marshall,John Edwards, McCloud and James White comes off the payroll bringing the Pacers down to $62.8. Trade O'Neals contract to a team like Charlotte (Who has cap room) and take back the 3 contracts of May, Felton and Herrman (7 million for next season combined) and that puts the PAcers at $51 million. The salary cap currently is at $53 million.

    Considering that the PAcers are at $70 million, and are operating in the red for the third consecutive year, not having to pay any luxury tax will definetly give the franchise a boost in the arm for one....trading Jamal Tinsley and Jeff Foster would open up cash flow via either a trade or free agency (both those salaries together count for 11 million) Also having both the mid level and veterns exceptions will count positively for the Pacers.

    Lets face it....it can get worse and will get worse if O'Neal, Foster and Tinsley are Pacers next season.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    272

    Default Re: Jermaine a Bobcat next year

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, Hermann is an interesting player. Felton provides much needed quickness to this team. The best thing about it is a #5 pick. That would be huge in this particular draft.

    ...but the talent level definitely drops again with that trade.

    I actually doubt Charlotte would do that.

    TOTAL BS!

    Its called rebuliding.....

    The definition of REBULIDING:

    transitive verb
    1 a : to make extensive repairs to : RECONSTRUCT <rebuild a war-torn city> b : to restore to a previous state <rebuild inventories>
    2 : to make extensive changes in : REMODEL <rebuild society>
    intransitive verb : to build again rebuild after the fire>

  8. #8
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: Jermaine a Bobcat next year

    No team with INDIANA across the front of the jersey is allowed to take Sean May.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  9. #9
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: Jermaine a Bobcat next year

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSMASH View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trade O'Neals contract to a team like Charlotte (Who has cap room) and take back the 3 contracts of May, Felton and Herrman (7 million for next season combined) and that puts the PAcers at $51 million. The salary cap currently is at $53 million.
    I'm not saying Jermaine can't, won't, or shouldn't be traded.

    I'm just saying that being 2mil under the salary cap doesn't make you an "way under the cap" or "an instant player on the free agent market" (your words). Plus, if we got a #5 and #22 pick, those two picks would cost enough that we'd be back over the cap.

    You've been wrong every time in recent memory, and you're wrong again here.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  10. #10
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,912

    Default Re: Jermaine a Bobcat next year

    I would do that in a second. Sean May if he ever gets in shape and stays healthy is a legitimate scorer - a go to scorer.

    This seems way to good to be true. I'd still do it in a second even if we don't get the 22nd pick. And I'd throw in our draft pick this year if we have one

    Note: Bender is already off the payroll. No told Hoopshype though

  11. #11
    Member indyman37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    907

    Default Re: Jermaine a Bobcat next year

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSMASH View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ..........little Birdys (no pun intended) tell me that when the Pacers were in Charlotte the other night there were private discussions between two former NBA superstars about an off season deal between the Pacers and the Bobcats. Firsdt, since Charlotte is way below the salary cap they could absorb Jermaines contact easily. This also make a little more sense as Jermaine is a Carolina's native.

    The trade would consist of Walter Herrmann,Sean May and Raymond Felton (total of 7 million) and Charlottes 2 first round picks (theres and Torontos) for Jermaine.

    While many of you may not like this trade, it would definitly benifit the Pacers. First it would bring us below the salary cap and make us instant players in the free agent market. We would get way under the cap and have two decent first round picks to supplement the talent. This trade would also enable other trades that would surely involve Jamal Tinsley, Troy Murphy and Jeff Foster.

    Michael Jordan will push for this trade because O'Neal is the All star type player that they need to move into the next level, becasue if they don't make this type of move the Bobcat fan base will QUICKLY deteriorate.
    I want to start off by saying that I love this trade...I really like Felton's game and we could definitely use the draft picks. Sean May has a lot of potential but he does have a past with injuries. But I would still love it.

    Now I would like to comment on your fan base statement. I live in North Carolina and people around here love the Bobcats. They all understand that it will take some time for them to get better but at least they have a team. Another huge part of it is that the Bobcats have guys like Felton and May who played at UNC. So all the Carolina fans (at least all of the ones I know) follow the team so they can follow their guys. And they like it that for 41 games of the season they can go see them play in the NBA.

  12. #12
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,171

    Default Re: Jermaine a Bobcat next year

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSMASH View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ..........little Birdys (no pun intended) tell me that when the Pacers were in Charlotte the other night there were private discussions between two former NBA superstars about an off season deal between the Pacers and the Bobcats. Firsdt, since Charlotte is way below the salary cap they could absorb Jermaines contact easily. This also make a little more sense as Jermaine is a Carolina's native.

    The trade would consist of Walter Herrmann,Sean May and Raymond Felton (total of 7 million) and Charlottes 2 first round picks (theres and Torontos) for Jermaine.

    While many of you may not like this trade, it would definitly benifit the Pacers. First it would bring us below the salary cap and make us instant players in the free agent market. We would get way under the cap and have two decent first round picks to supplement the talent. This trade would also enable other trades that would surely involve Jamal Tinsley, Troy Murphy and Jeff Foster.

    Michael Jordan will push for this trade because O'Neal is the All star type player that they need to move into the next level, becasue if they don't make this type of move the Bobcat fan base will QUICKLY deteriorate.
    Whatever

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    272

    Default Re: Jermaine a Bobcat next year

    Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whatever

    Have I ever ran into you in the media room at Conseco?

    No, I didn't think so.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    272

    Default Re: Jermaine a Bobcat next year

    Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whatever

    How about the media room at Market Square?

    No, they only let "working media" in those places...

    I'm sorry I may have mistaken you for someone.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    272

    Default Re: Jermaine a Bobcat next year

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not saying Jermaine can't, won't, or shouldn't be traded.

    I'm just saying that being 2mil under the salary cap doesn't make you an "way under the cap" or "an instant player on the free agent market" (your words). Plus, if we got a #5 and #22 pick, those two picks would cost enough that we'd be back over the cap.

    You've been wrong every time in recent memory, and you're wrong again here.

    Salary cap will increase next year a very sizable amount.

    Whose to say that we keep the 22nd pick or move it in another trade, I don't tell everything, becasue I've been asked not to put some items out there.

    At least when I'm wrong its interesting, and honestly I am hearing it from the Pacer organization. But with every rumor out there, it all starts somewhere...It really doesn't matter if I'm right or wrong, if it happens or doesn't happen....I'm at least sharing some of the info that I am getting. The rest of the info on this board is ONLY speculation.

  16. #16
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: Jermaine a Bobcat next year

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSMASH View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Salary cap will increase next year a very sizable amount.
    That's your answer? The salary cap will be bigger? I'm not trying to pick a fight, man, but face it. The only thing in your rumor that could be verified (the cap situation) was wrong. Even if the cap went up by 5mil (not likely), it's still less than we'd get by using the MLE. And we can't use the MLE if we're under the cap.

    You may have heard a rumor from somebody in Conseco. Larry may have had a talk with Michael. Heck, if I'm Bird, I'm talking to every team in the league. But if Michael Jordan and Larry Bird sat down in a room and had a conversation about an offseason trade, you weren't privy to it. And it's not something that would get discussed in the press room.

    Starting a thread called "Jermaine a Bobcat next year" is just crying for attention.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  17. #17
    Fear my small avatar Gyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,366

    Default Re: Jermaine a Bobcat next year

    Anthem,

    Did you not get enough sleep last night? Did the baby keep you up all night?

    Why are you attacking DaSmash? He has flat out said it may or may not come true. We know he does have inside sources even if they are sometimes wrong. Why the hate?

    Oh well, DaSmash, I'm glad you are posting the info. I enjoy reading about it even if it never comes true. Thanks for posting it.

  18. #18
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: Jermaine a Bobcat next year

    Fair enough. I'll not post again in this thread.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  19. #19
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,669

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jermaine a Bobcat next year

    If we deal JO to Charlotte, you KNOW Morrison will be part of the package.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    488

    Default Re: Jermaine a Bobcat next year

    Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we deal JO to Charlotte, you KNOW Morrison will be part of the package.

    Please God, no, Herrman is better than Morrison...

    I would take this deal and run, then point and laugh... can we get them to take Tinsley too? I would love Gerald Wallace from them thought, he will bring hustle, penetration, defensive intensity, and some major hops to this roster.

  21. #21
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,632

    Default Re: Jermaine a Bobcat next year

    All I have to say is that IF this trade and the "KG+Foye" scenario are the types of things that are being realistically discussed between TPTB and other clubs, then I'm perfectly OK with trading JO.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  22. #22
    Fear my small avatar Gyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,366

    Default Re: Jermaine a Bobcat next year

    Quote Originally Posted by indyman37 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want to start off by saying that I love this trade...I really like Felton's game and we could definitely use the draft picks. Sean May has a lot of potential but he does have a past with injuries. But I would still love it.

    Now I would like to comment on your fan base statement. I live in North Carolina and people around here love the Bobcats. They all understand that it will take some time for them to get better but at least they have a team. Another huge part of it is that the Bobcats have guys like Felton and May who played at UNC. So all the Carolina fans (at least all of the ones I know) follow the team so they can follow their guys. And they like it that for 41 games of the season they can go see them play in the NBA.
    I live in Charlotte, and I can tell you from my experience the poeple around here don't "love" the bobcats, but they don't mind them. The bobcats drafting felton and May were HUGE hits for the bobcats and the local fan base. While I would love to see Felton in a Pacer uniform, I have a hard time believing they would trade hometown heros and destroy some of the goodwill they are finally building up here in Charlotte.

    Now, personally, I can't stand morrison, so I would guess he would be one of the ones the pacers end up with. Just my luck. Him and Gerald "Always hurt" Wallace. That will probably be the damn trade the Pacers make. Just to annoy the hell outta me.

  23. #23
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Jermaine a Bobcat next year

    I don't "KNOW" Morrison is a part of it at all. I think that's just a popular stereotype.

  24. #24
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,632

    Default Re: Jermaine a Bobcat next year

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't "KNOW" Morrison is a part of it at all. I think that's just a popular stereotype.
    Agreed.

    And I believe that Bird doesn't do anything to dispels that particular stereotype because it helps disguise who he is really targeting in the draft. Remember that whole "Luke Jackson" thing when we really found out he was trying to trade up to get Ben Gordon.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  25. #25
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,669

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jermaine a Bobcat next year

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't "KNOW" Morrison is a part of it at all. I think that's just a popular stereotype.
    I can practically guarantee he will be part of the deal if this happens.

    Murphy, Morrison, Dunleavy, & Tinsley. Wow. That may be the worst defensive lineup in NBA history.

    Btw, anyone know wants JO should be forced to take Murphy in the deal as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •