Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Round and Round he goes, where O'Neal will land.....Nobody Knows!!!

Default Re: Round and Round he goes, where O'Neal will land.....Nobody Knows!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaSMASH View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Danny Granger could be trade bait also...NOBODY is safe and all offers will be listened to. I agree about Pierce. The Suns and Lakers could offer the most, yet your not going to get a Durrant or Oden. The Spurs are said to be high on Danny Granger. The Pistons like Ike Diogu. The Girl Scouts want Troy Murphy, they feel like he could be their bruiser in the paint...
    If we add a all star smallforward like Marion then Granger will be dealt most likely for a young pg with potential like Calderon.

As far as Boston trading Pierce for Oneal I don't see it. If they want Oneal I see them keeping Pierce.Could you imagine if they luck out and Get Oden nd trade for Oneal. C-Oden PF-Oneal SF-Pierce-Allen PG-West/Rondo. That is a pretty good 5 and they could easily clime up in the East. I know they have Jefferson which they may cause them not to trade for a guy like Oneal because he has a ton of potential but if we could somehow snatch two of there young prospects such as Green,Rondo,Jefferson+ filler to make contracts work either on Boston or a third team I would jump on a trade with them so quick. I am very high on all three of those young guys, I think all three have potential to be stars at there respective positions though I think Rondo has the longest way to go.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I think the Pacers two main priorities are in this order.

1. Solid starting point guard who can shoot.

2. A scorer. At any position. We must have at least one Alpha Dog go to guy, especially if we are losing JO and Tins. Jax was our other one, and Artest before that. We don't have anyone on the roster who qualifies, unless Ike or Shawn make some quantum leaps over the summer.

That said, I think the following teams could get us those two priorties. I'll let the geeks figure out how and if it works, if draft picks and filler are included, etc.:

- Bobcats: Felton and Morrison.
    - Pheonix: Barbosa and Marion or Diaw.
    - Boston: Pierce and a Boston point guard.
    - Bulls: Heinrich and Gordon (they won't trade Deng, will they?)
    - Mavs: Jason Terry and Stackhouse.
    - Warriors: Monta Ellis and Richardson.
    - Wiz: Actually, just getting Arenas solves both problems. (So does Baron Davis, who I suggested at the beginning of the year and got laughed at.)

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    I think the Pacers two main priorities are in this order.

1. Solid starting point guard who can shoot.
    Not sure that's true now that Rick's gone.

We may be back to wanting a PG that can initiate the offense and defend. Or at least that's what I'm hoping for.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post

We may be back to wanting a PG that can initiate the offense and defend. Or at least that's what I'm hoping for.

Won't the coaching choice influence that? ie...Shaw with the triangle (or a *******ization of it) and no real PG.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post

Humor me a little.

After five years, how about a point guard that can shoot?

Regardless of the coach.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by DaSMASH View Post
    Pacers would cut Gerald Wallace.
    There is no way we would cut Gerald Wallace if he was traded to us for JO. We'd likely trade Granger for a young guard with potential instead. You don't get a borderline all star and then drop him.

I think it will be the Lakers if Bird will deal with them. The Lakers probably offer the best combination of players.

The Lakers will part with Odom and Kwame, but will not hand us Bynum too. I would push hard for a full rebuild....a JO/Tinsley/Foster for Odom/Kwame/Bynum/Farmar combination. Phil likes Foster and Kobe wants JO. They both want to win NOW. Bird wants to get rid of Tinsley and wants value from JO. And Bird has to want a rebuild at this point.

This would upgrade their frontcourt with two veterans with playoff experience that are about the same age as Kobe. It improves their PG position with more experience as well. It really will give them a much better shot at winning it all. No way can you double both Kobe and JO at the same time. Tinsley will never have to shoot the ball with Kobe on the court.

We go into immediate rebuild mode, send Tinsley packing, get rid of an injury riddled franchise player, move Foster when his trade value may have peaked, get two young prospects at the C and PG positions - two very difficult spots to fill on the roster. We hasten the inevitable departure of JO who with his record might have a career ending injury at any moment. Kwame will be a nice salary dump. Odom and Bynum can be immediately plugged into the starting lineup eliminating the need to start Murphy. We could deal either Williams or Granger and other pieces for a young SG prospect.

There it is.

The deal with the Lakers begins and ends with Bynum. It is very fair for the Pacers to expect him in return.

I'll go ahead and say it: No way do the Pacers deal with LA if they don't give up Bynum. Walsh should even take a lesser deal than Odom/Brown/pick from another team rather than accept less than the Lakers best.

Any executive with an perennial All-Star starting big man who can't get a question mark of a young center in exchange for a legit shot at a championship doesn't deserve to be running a team.