Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 46 of 46

Thread: Foster's parting thoughts

  1. #26
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,128

    Default Re: Foster's parting thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LG33, not sure I agree at all and it certainly isn't obvious.

    I wonder if he's referring to Saras? AJ seems much more likely to me than Fred Jones as well, as the Saras/ AJ clash was bound to be noticed by the rest of the team.
    Nah, I was just playing. I love Fred Jones. Everyone loves Fred Jones. Except for Ben Wallace's older brother. Most people love Fred Jones.

  2. #27

    Default Re: Foster's parting thoughts

    I knew you were joking when you called me an idiot. I love me. Everybody loves me. Except Ben Wallace's older brother. Most people love me.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

    "'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

  3. #28
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,128

    Default Re: Foster's parting thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I knew you were joking when you called me an idiot. I love me. Everybody loves me. Except Ben Wallace's older brother. Most people love me.
    Hahahah...nice

  4. #29
    One man show ajbry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,696

    Default Re: Foster's parting thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that Jack and Al were in a clique together, hence their being traded together.
    I was talking about last year.

  5. #30
    Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Grove City, Florida
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,255
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Foster's parting thoughts

    Maybe JO was the player the clique didn't like. And so they traded them. Perhaps Al was just caught in the middle to make the trade work....or not.

  6. #31
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    7,846

    Default Re: Foster's parting thoughts

    I think the player disliked was Saras and the clique was Jax and Tins and to a lesser extent AJ and Freddy.

    At least that's what it seemed like on the court. Although, later, Tins and Saras had some positive moments. But Jax icing out Saras was completely obvious.

    I don't care if he wins three championships in a row. I'm glad his rebellious and selfish @ss is outa here. Sounds like Foster may agree.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  7. #32
    Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,438

    Default Re: Foster's parting thoughts

    JT and Jack are tight. The Club Rio Clique, you know. They were both Saras-haters.

    For example, not sure if you guys recall that hilarious post of the Miami game where Saras hit a winning shot and everyone except Tinsley appeared to be celebrating. Also, I think I recall Jack being interviewed and implying that Saras needed to keep his mouth shut since he was a rookie.

    I think Bird brought in Saras to be the starting PG, but it fell apart. I don't think JT or AJ appreciated that vote of confidence from Bird man. I think this was one of several core drivers in the disintegration of the team. JMO.

  8. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,257

    Default Re: Foster's parting thoughts

    The clique was Freddy-JO-SJax, and the object of their dislike was AJ. This comes directly from Freddy.

  9. #34
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Foster's parting thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The clique was Freddy-JO-SJax, and the object of their dislike was AJ. This comes directly from Freddy.
    When did he say that?

  10. #35
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Foster's parting thoughts

    Don't forget where Roy's from (Oregon) and who's family he's known for years. I'm sure this isn't from a published source.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  11. #36
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,964

    Default Re: Foster's parting thoughts

    I wonder if JO can even be the leader of his own clique

  12. #37
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Foster's parting thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't forget where Roy's from (Oregon) and who's family he's known for years. I'm sure this isn't from a published source.
    I must have blanked out on that connection.

    Although now I remember that a classmate of mine's friend used to sleep with Fred whenever he was in Chicago.

  13. #38

    Default Re: Foster's parting thoughts

    Also, keep in mind that both Fred Jones and AJ were traded again at the deadline, and AJ was basically dumped.

  14. #39
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Foster's parting thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The clique was Freddy-JO-SJax, and the object of their dislike was AJ. This comes directly from Freddy.
    Does this explain why JO only got to take 14 shots during AJ's last game as a Pacer? I've usually attributed that to AJ's incompetence, but perhaps it was sabotage or a less sinister motive for AJ's ballhogging.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  15. #40
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,054

    Default Re: Foster's parting thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guys, seriously, the problem was Croshere. Look what he did to the Mavs.


    It certainly wasn't Anthony. Look what happened to the Mavs after they sent him to Atlanta.

  16. #41
    J.O. To The T.O. Oneal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,459

    Default Re: Foster's parting thoughts

    LOL, Y'all Gossiping. . This is too funny

  17. #42
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,920

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Foster's parting thoughts

    Funny....Foster's pictures looks like he's doing some Ad for "Roy's Big and Tall"
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  18. #43
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    7,984

    Default Re: Foster's parting thoughts

    Speaking of bad work environment that was mentioned earlier in this thread. I guess MLB has a buffet and beer in the clubhouse after a game. Maybe this was common knowledge, but I had no idea. And now Nellie who used to bring a beer in the post game press conference, can't anymore. Oh he can still have one at the stadium, but not at the Press Conference. Mike and Mike on ESPN says Phil Jackson used to have a beer and smoke in the hallway just before the press conference. Its really no big deal to me, its just funny how different life is in Pro sports, I think.

  19. #44
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    14,844
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Foster's parting thoughts

    It's all about image. Trying to seem more "family-oriented" the NBA wouldn't want to appear to be approving of alcohol when kids are watching (only throwing beer at hated players from the Pacers is allowed and goes unpunished).
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  20. #45
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,613

    Default Re: Foster's parting thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought I'd read multiple times that JO doesn't like JT and that he's lobbied in the past for him to be traded. Am I wrong about this?
    According to Jeff Foster you are.

    See one issue not mentioned is that he says "This year" but then later specifically talks about the losing streak in a clearly post-trade manner.

    So is he talking about moving - Fred, AJ, Croshere to alleviate the problems? Or is he talking about moving Saras and Jack (Al wasn't there the previous year to be part of the problem)?

    I have to assume it was AJ based on his own comments and some rumblings, though Fred also clearly felt he should be starting.


    And then you have Tinsley - one of the guys Rick was letting "get away with stuff" allegedly (like being late all the time) which was creating problems between the players...you know, the REASON THEY FIRED RICK.

    Funny how Foster left that out, that animosity that was still "clearly" there during the losing streak when he was enjoying coming to work to try and break the streak.


    So basically the worst ball they played during all 4 years under Rick came at a time when as a team they were happiest together. And them not liking RC or the situation was a problem why exactly?


    This ties to a question I have for many of you about Jackson. You say Jack is a cancer, but why? What RESULTS tell you that he makes a team sick? GS looks HEALTHIER, and even if you dispute that being Jack's doing, if he is a cancer he should have ruined them instead of being a neutral effect (let alone them getting better). Add to this that the Pacers should have gotten better without him just due to the team health, but again that didn't happen.


    So I wonder why it is when all these problems are being cured that everything is getting worse. Could it be that some of the issues weren't really issues after all?


    For example, not sure if you guys recall that hilarious post of the Miami game where Saras hit a winning shot and everyone except Tinsley appeared to be celebrating.
    I posted that (including photos). However there were other times that Tinsley seemed most happy when he was paired with Saras because of the type of ball movement they had together. For all the freeze out talk I heard I rarely saw it myself. Saras flat-out played himself out of the rotation by not protecting his dribble and by losing his shot, but at some point Tins seemed to warm up to Saras IMO.


    I can certainly believe Roy's version of the situation. Let's not forget that one of the biggest post-game carpers was AJ. Let's also remember that when Saras was signed two player didn't come to camp early - Tinsley and....AJ. It was AJ who lost his starting spot to Saras, not Tinsley.

    For that Miami game I will admit that it might have been possible that Tins was just overall frustrated and took it out on Saras (by not enjoying his big play) rather than being upset specifically because it was Saras making the shot.


    Let's give Tins one break here, for all the times he's been benched for Anderson, AJ, and Saras he hasn't gone complaining to the press (that I recall). I think he does have motivation/discipline issues (drinking? lateness?) but I'm not as sure that he has bitterness issues with many players.

  21. #46
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,613

    Default Re: Foster's parting thoughts

    Add-on - Buck and Jay did discuss the "this year", what does that mean exactly aspect of the story. My bad, and I agree obviously that it's a little confusing. Where's the follow-up question to clarify "year" vs "season"?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •