Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foster's parting thoughts

Default Re: Foster's parting thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LG33, not sure I agree at all and it certainly isn't obvious.

I wonder if he's referring to Saras? AJ seems much more likely to me than Fred Jones as well, as the Saras/ AJ clash was bound to be noticed by the rest of the team.
    Nah, I was just playing. I love Fred Jones. Everyone loves Fred Jones. Except for Ben Wallace's older brother. Most people love Fred Jones.

I knew you were joking when you called me an idiot. I love me. Everybody loves me. Except Ben Wallace's older brother. Most people love me.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    I knew you were joking when you called me an idiot. I love me. Everybody loves me. Except Ben Wallace's older brother. Most people love me.
    Hahahah...nice

Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    I think that Jack and Al were in a clique together, hence their being traded together.
    I was talking about last year.

Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Maybe JO was the player the clique didn't like. And so they traded them. Perhaps Al was just caught in the middle to make the trade work....or not.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I think the player disliked was Saras and the clique was Jax and Tins and to a lesser extent AJ and Freddy.

At least that's what it seemed like on the court. Although, later, Tins and Saras had some positive moments. But Jax icing out Saras was completely obvious.

I don't care if he wins three championships in a row. I'm glad his rebellious and selfish @ss is outa here. Sounds like Foster may agree.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar

JT and Jack are tight. The Club Rio Clique, you know. They were both Saras-haters.

For example, not sure if you guys recall that hilarious post of the Miami game where Saras hit a winning shot and everyone except Tinsley appeared to be celebrating. Also, I think I recall Jack being interviewed and implying that Saras needed to keep his mouth shut since he was a rookie.

I think Bird brought in Saras to be the starting PG, but it fell apart. I don't think JT or AJ appreciated that vote of confidence from Bird man. I think this was one of several core drivers in the disintegration of the team. JMO.

Banned

The clique was Freddy-JO-SJax, and the object of their dislike was AJ. This comes directly from Freddy.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
    The clique was Freddy-JO-SJax, and the object of their dislike was AJ. This comes directly from Freddy.
    When did he say that?

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Don't forget where Roy's from (Oregon) and who's family he's known for years. I'm sure this isn't from a published source.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

I wonder if JO can even be the leader of his own clique

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Don't forget where Roy's from (Oregon) and who's family he's known for years. I'm sure this isn't from a published source.
    I must have blanked out on that connection.

Although now I remember that a classmate of mine's friend used to sleep with Fred whenever he was in Chicago.

Also, keep in mind that both Fred Jones and AJ were traded again at the deadline, and AJ was basically dumped.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
    Does this explain why JO only got to take 14 shots during AJ's last game as a Pacer? I've usually attributed that to AJ's incompetence, but perhaps it was sabotage or a less sinister motive for AJ's ballhogging.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    Guys, seriously, the problem was Croshere. Look what he did to the Mavs.

It certainly wasn't Anthony. Look what happened to the Mavs after they sent him to Atlanta.

LOL, Y'all Gossiping. . This is too funny

Sports Logo

Funny....Foster's pictures looks like he's doing some Ad for "Roy's Big and Tall"
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Speaking of bad work environment that was mentioned earlier in this thread. I guess MLB has a buffet and beer in the clubhouse after a game. Maybe this was common knowledge, but I had no idea. And now Nellie who used to bring a beer in the post game press conference, can't anymore. Oh he can still have one at the stadium, but not at the Press Conference. Mike and Mike on ESPN says Phil Jackson used to have a beer and smoke in the hallway just before the press conference. Its really no big deal to me, its just funny how different life is in Pro sports, I think.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's all about image. Trying to seem more "family-oriented" the NBA wouldn't want to appear to be approving of alcohol when kids are watching (only throwing beer at hated players from the Pacers is allowed and goes unpunished).
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    I thought I'd read multiple times that JO doesn't like JT and that he's lobbied in the past for him to be traded. Am I wrong about this?
    According to Jeff Foster you are.

See one issue not mentioned is that he says "This year" but then later specifically talks about the losing streak in a clearly post-trade manner.

So is he talking about moving - Fred, AJ, Croshere to alleviate the problems? Or is he talking about moving Saras and Jack (Al wasn't there the previous year to be part of the problem)?

I have to assume it was AJ based on his own comments and some rumblings, though Fred also clearly felt he should be starting.

And then you have Tinsley - one of the guys Rick was letting "get away with stuff" allegedly (like being late all the time) which was creating problems between the players...you know, the REASON THEY FIRED RICK.

Funny how Foster left that out, that animosity that was still "clearly" there during the losing streak when he was enjoying coming to work to try and break the streak.

So basically the worst ball they played during all 4 years under Rick came at a time when as a team they were happiest together. And them not liking RC or the situation was a problem why exactly?

This ties to a question I have for many of you about Jackson. You say Jack is a cancer, but why? What RESULTS tell you that he makes a team sick? GS looks HEALTHIER, and even if you dispute that being Jack's doing, if he is a cancer he should have ruined them instead of being a neutral effect (let alone them getting better). Add to this that the Pacers should have gotten better without him just due to the team health, but again that didn't happen.

So I wonder why it is when all these problems are being cured that everything is getting worse. Could it be that some of the issues weren't really issues after all?

For example, not sure if you guys recall that hilarious post of the Miami game where Saras hit a winning shot and everyone except Tinsley appeared to be celebrating.
    I posted that (including photos). However there were other times that Tinsley seemed most happy when he was paired with Saras because of the type of ball movement they had together. For all the freeze out talk I heard I rarely saw it myself. Saras flat-out played himself out of the rotation by not protecting his dribble and by losing his shot, but at some point Tins seemed to warm up to Saras IMO.

I can certainly believe Roy's version of the situation. Let's not forget that one of the biggest post-game carpers was AJ. Let's also remember that when Saras was signed two player didn't come to camp early - Tinsley and....AJ. It was AJ who lost his starting spot to Saras, not Tinsley.

For that Miami game I will admit that it might have been possible that Tins was just overall frustrated and took it out on Saras (by not enjoying his big play) rather than being upset specifically because it was Saras making the shot.

Let's give Tins one break here, for all the times he's been benched for Anderson, AJ, and Saras he hasn't gone complaining to the press (that I recall). I think he does have motivation/discipline issues (drinking? lateness?) but I'm not as sure that he has bitterness issues with many players.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Add-on - Buck and Jay did discuss the "this year", what does that mean exactly aspect of the story. My bad, and I agree obviously that it's a little confusing. Where's the follow-up question to clarify "year" vs "season"?