Thread: DaSmash's trade option #11 - The Maverick Question

Banned

Default DaSmash's trade option #11 - The Maverick Question

Disclaimer- DaSmash only writes items that are being talked about and being thrown against the walls at Conseco Fieldhouse. To say that these "rumors" will or could come true is not what I am saying. So if you feel the need to "call me out" because I've said something that didn't happen , go right ahead. As they say Ignornace is Bliss.

This is a trade that actually could get some consideration by Mark Cuban and that could happen under the NBA CBA. I'm just throwing these trade options. In no way am I saying that these are going to happen, but what I am trying is to show you what kind of players that the PAcers would want back, not to mention who they may want to package. All these trades contain our often injured Franchise player. Your comments are welcome as to why this could work for both teams or not work for both teams. I have looked at all these trades as win-win for both teams.

Indiana sends:

Jermaine O'Neal
    Orien Green
    2008's number #1 pick

To Dallas for

Dirk Nowitski
    Gregg Buckner
    2007 2nd round pick

Questions? Comments?

I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar

Default Re: DaSmash's trade option #11 - The Maverick Question

I thought you couldn't deal 1st round picks two years in a row?
    Narf!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Robobtowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought you couldn't deal 1st round picks two years in a row?
    OK change that to Dallas's number one pick this year instead of the 2nd rounder...but I think it depends on the circumstances of the trade and league approval..

streets ahead

philly gets dallas' 2007 first rounder via Denver.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ain't no way the Mavs trade Dirk this offseason unless they get LeBron in return.. especially not for an injury-prone PF and a HUGE project of a PG.

I don't care what fancy text you put on top of your posts: this one is COMPLETE BS.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    Ain't no way the Mavs trade Dirk this offseason unless they get LeBron in return.. especially not for an injury-prone PF and a HUGE project of a PG.

I don't care what fancy text you put on top of your posts: this one is COMPLETE BS.
    DId they win it all with Dirk last year?

Did they get out of the ist round this year?

When you become an NBA general manager you call all of us and tell us that you wouldn't do this deal, until then .............. your credibility lacks.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DaSMASH View Post
    DId they win it all with Dirk last year?

Did they get out of the ist round this year?

When you become an NBA general manager you call all of us and tell us that you wouldn't do this deal, until then .............. your credibility lacks.

As does yours.. I don't know if I've ever seen one of your supposed "highly discussed" trades go down..

I don't need you to think I have any credibility when I already know that I have common sense. That wins out here. No GM in the league would deal Dirk in his prime (also of note: odds-on-favorite for the MVP this past season) for JO after a string of disappointing seasons full of injuries and team meltdowns. To suggest that this years' early playoff exit torpedoes Dirk's trade value down to JO's is ridiculous.

Banned

As does yours.. I don't know if I've ever seen one of your supposed "highly discussed" trades go down..

I don't need you to think I have any credibility when I already know that I have common sense. That wins out here. No GM in the league would deal Dirk in his prime (also of note: odds-on-favorite for the MVP this past season) for JO after a string of disappointing seasons full of injuries and team meltdowns. To suggest that this years' early playoff exit torpedoes Dirk's trade value down to JO's is ridiculous.
    Yep and that same common sense predicted that Wilt was traded from Philadelphia to the Lakers in his prime as was Charles Barkley to the Suns in his prime...so don't tell me it won't happen...anything can happen.

So your right I don't think you have any credibility as far as the NBA world is concerened...now if you were running a McDonalds, yeah I know you wouldn't trade your best Big Mac maker for a fry guy...

And I do believe my discalimer covers why each and every trade that I "hear" about does or doesn't go down, Einstein.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

That disclaimer is a cop-out because all of your so-called "scoops" are completely fabricated, sensationalist baloney.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

are you sure we would want dirk? i just had a painful vision of a frontline of nowitzki and troy murphy trying to defend the paint.

put nowitzki next to j.o. and you might have something. trading j.o. for him though - it seems like a soft team just became softer.

nowitzki is a great scorer no doubt, but i don't think we'd have the right mix around him in the proposed trade.

Banned

That disclaimer is a cop-out because all of your so-called "scoops" are completely fabricated, sensationalist baloney.
    I guess I'm not the only one saying this could happen. Chris Sheridan of ESPN on his recent chat said the following:

Kyle (Apple Valley): Chris, as a Mav's loyalist should I be worried about next season, and the future? Any chance Cuban spends big bucks to bring in a big, powerfull guard like Billups, or another powehouse. Besides that what else is wrong?

Chris Sheridan: If a player like Jermaine O'Neal comes on the market, I think they have to take a long hard look at giving up Dirk for him _ especially if they think they've gone as far under Dirk as possible. Let's face it, that team has had mental meltdowns the past two postseasons that would make Britney Spears envious. Maybe it is time, despite what Cuban said last night, to blow it up.

I'll bet your response is a doozey this time spreedum...whoops Spreddom...whoops...spreedom....

Banned

Wheres the cops???

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just because sources outside of the organizations are able to detect that both players play the 4 and are coming off disappointing seasons doesn't mean the Mavs would ever seriously consider dealing the MVP for an injury-prone, higher salaried player like O'Neal.