Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do Dirk and David Hasselhoff have in common?

Banned

Default Re: What do Dirk and David Hasselhoff have in common?

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lakers would never give up 4 players and their first round pick for Josh Howard and Erick Freaking Dampier.
    I love how you stress the Lakers are giving up 4 players, never thinking to realize that 2 of those players are complete minimum salary caliber scrubs (Evans and Cook) and a 3rd is a younger Jason Collins (Kwame).

Josh Howard is AN ALL-STAR SMALL FORWARD! The Lakers - a .500 level team - would now have a trio of Megastar (Kobe Bryant), All-Star (Josh Howard), and borderline All-Star (Lamar Odom) all while giving up no real major parts of their current team (Bynum barely played in the playoffs, and Kwame is inferior to Erick Dampier) Dampiers rebounding and interior defense are exactly what this team would need.

Personally, I'd take Kwame and Bynum over Damp right now, let alone give up both just to get him.
    Read that bolded red text then the original trade proposal. See if you can find your huge mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2J View Post
    I love how you stress the Lakers are giving up 4 players, never thinking to realize that 2 of those players are complete minimum salary caliber scrubs (Evans and Cook) and a 3rd is a younger Jason Collins (Kwame).

Josh Howard is AN ALL-STAR SMALL FORWARD! The Lakers - a .500 level team - would now have a trio of Megastar (Kobe Bryant), All-Star (Josh Howard), and borderline All-Star (Lamar Odom) all while giving up no real major parts of their current team (Bynum barely played in the playoffs, and Kwame is inferior to Erick Dampier) Dampiers rebounding and interior defense are exactly what this team would need.

Read that bolded red text then the original trade proposal. See if you can find your huge mistake.
    I think its pretty fair all around in terms of talent. I just don't know if the Mavs are going to do something that drastic. Also don't know if the lakers would go for Howard. It seems like they want a low post big man.

Banned

The pacers would have to throw in more. JO isn't going to fetch 6 players especially considering the caliber of player in Devin and the potential of Bynum.

The Lakers would be better off just swapping Bynum and their first rounder for JO, which would be a trade I wouldn't be against.

EDIT: Obviously I know that there would need to be fillers from LA to make salaries match, quite a bit of fillers.
    What caliber of player is Devin Harris, exactly? He's good....but let's be real here, he's nothing special. He's not an All-Star. He's not a future All-Star. He's a good penetrator and defender with a poor shooting touch and below average playmaking skills. Is he really any better than someone like Jameer Nelson or Delonte West?

I'd possibly consider throwing in Shawne or Ike to make the deal work, nothing more.

Mot teams that win 60+ games,flame out the next season

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Y2J View Post
    I don't think I've made a mistake at all. I look at their first rounder and the other throw-ins as the price for Howard.

Obviously they were going to need a big in return for giving up a part time starter, even if they were going to be a bench player.

Banned

I don't think I've made a mistake at all. I look at their first rounder and the other throw-ins as the price for Howard.

Obviously they were going to need a big in return for giving up a part time starter, even if they were going to be a bench player.
    So Brian Cook, Mo Evans, and #19 for Josh "All-Star" Howard?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Considering the depth in this draft having two picks in the first round is something hardly to scoff at.

But then again you think JO is gonna get the Pacers back 6 players as well so.....

Banned

Considering the depth in this draft having two picks in the first round is something hardly to scoff at.

But then again you think JO is gonna get the Pacers back 6 players as well so.....
    Sorry, but just like your incorrect claims that Mike Conley was staying in school, you're way off here too.

Why would the Mavs consider their own pick as part of this trade?

You do understand 4 of those 6 players are complete scrubs only thrown in to make salaries work, right?

By your logic, a team of 20 Rawle Marshals would beat a team of 10 Kobe Bryant's in a regulation NBA game.

What percentage of players picked at #19 or later have ended up as good as Josh Howard? 3-4%, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Soup View Post
    Me either... but if he brought us wins I could maybe learn to like him. But not for DH!
    I've told this story before, but what did it for me was seeing Germany lose to New Zealand in the '02 WBC's. Dirk played like crap, kind of what we've seen from him recently, missing jumpers, not going to the basket against inferior competition, not helping in other areas to offset his lack of scoring, etc. Anyway, he then proceeds to scream at his team of nobodies timeout after timeout in the 2nd half, blaming them for everything. It's one thing to do that in the NBA, but it's another when you're the only guy with any talent whatsoever. One of the more ridiculous things I've ever seen in basketball.

My point is, that kind of attitude is the last thing this team needs now.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Don't hassle the Hoff...

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    If Larry trades for Dirk, I don't want to say I won't be a Pacer fan, but I'll be awfully close.
    However if he trades for David Hasselhoff I might consider being a Pacers fan again. Of course I'm so old I remember when he was Snapper on Y&R so I guess I'd just be living in the past.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    I've told this story before, but what did it for me was seeing Germany lose to New Zealand in the '02 WBC's. Dirk played like crap, kind of what we've seen from him recently, missing jumpers, not going to the basket against inferior competition, not helping in other areas to offset his lack of scoring, etc. Anyway, he then proceeds to scream at his team of nobodies timeout after timeout in the 2nd half, blaming them for everything. It's one thing to do that in the NBA, but it's another when you're the only guy with any talent whatsoever. One of the more ridiculous things I've ever seen in basketball.

My point is, that kind of attitude is the last thing this team needs now.

And didn't I say something like "Isn't he supposed to be good?"

Poor hoff. It's been a rough month for him.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...200690,00.html
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

The punchline to the thread's title could also be "They're both huge in Germany". Strange, this German love of Hasselhoff is...

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    What if he does it w/o giving up JO?

It couldn't happen, but it'd be sick.
    I'm as big a JO supporter as you'll find anywhere south of Dat, but let's be realistic here and admit that JO and Dirk both carry one serious stigma right now - can't come up clutch down the stretch.

Dirk just did a great job in game 5 to counter that, and this year vs CHI JO did as well (though Indy lost that game), but more often than not neither guy has been able to get the tough buckets late when the team needed to lean on them.

It may not be a fair view, but until disproven you'd have to consider it when pairing the 2 of them up.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaSMASH View Post
    Most of all what about poor Mark Cuban. He throws money around like it has no meaning…my god this team has all the luxury of rock stars and no stress from the owner. Will that change after two flame outs in a row?
    Is this really the true knowledgable Smash of legend????

I mean you do realize that Cuban OPENLY BLOGGED about cutting out overspending YEARS ago, and that process is exactly why Nash and Finley aren't on the Mavs right now.

He won't trade Dirk because he LIKES him and recognizes his massive talent level. But he has made a strong effort to run the franchise with financial responsibility in the always-on lux tax era.

There is pressure, there is stress and there are clearly spending limits for the Mavs.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, this was disappointing...

I guess I was the only one who, upon reading the question in the thread title, thought "Why that's easy! They both have embarrassing photos floating around of them drunk off their gourds."

NBA basketball - taking my breath away since 1963.

I thought it was that they both had cool talking cars...........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Sports Logo Sports Logo

::VF21 runs off to try and find the picture of Dirk on a tricycle with a broken front wheel left over from the last time the Mavs choked::
    NBA basketball - taking my breath away since 1963.