Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pacer Fan Nightmare

Default Re: Pacer Fan Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is literally only 1 major contender these Warriors didn't beat (if they got the chance, didn't see CLE or CHI after the Wiz loss/Jack-Baron healthy).

The Spurs. That's the team that seems comfortable with the style GS plays, possibly due to their overall team balance and ability to play in any style needed.

The reality check is long overdue on this - the Warriors are freaking impressive, as in ELITE caliber of play impressive.
    +1
    It cant be said better than Naptown said.
    Some people probably dont want to see what GSW is right now, because they hate the idea S-Jax can be good, or idea that Walsh&Bird got the short end in the deal. Reality is GSW is awesome now.

Quote Originally Posted by SwissExpress View Post
    +1
    Some people probably dont want to see what GSW is right now, because they hate the idea S-Jax can be good, or idea that Walsh&Bird got the short end in the deal. Reality is GSW is awesome now.
    I was a Jax detractor in the last two seasons with the Pacers (not in the brawl season, he played much better when the team was depleted). It doesn't bother me in the least that he is playing great with the Warriors. I only wished that he could have excelled in this manner playing under RC. It is now apparent to me, that RC had too tight of reins on the team. Jax flourishes in a wide-open game. While with the Pacers, he had too much time to think in their plodding offense and couldn't play uninhibited ball like he is now doing and therefore was prone to making mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Roferr View Post
    I was a Jax detractor in the last two seasons with the Pacers (not in the brawl season, he played much better when the team was depleted). It doesn't bother me in the least that he is playing great with the Warriors. I only wished that he could have excelled in this manner playing under RC. It is now apparent to me, that RC had too tight of reins on the team. Jax flourishes in a wide-open game. While with the Pacers, he had too much time to think in their plodding offense and couldn't play uninhibited ball like he is now doing and therefore was prone to making mistakes.
    I agree completely.........Also, add in the fact that Jax's on court behavior is the same as it was here but the GS fans are so hype,(they have maybe the best homecourt advantage in the NBA), he's not getting booed by his own fans on every possession. I'm sure that takes a lot of pressure off of him also.

I believe he could(he already has) play like that here now that Carlisle is gone....

Quote Originally Posted by timid View Post
    I agree completely.........Also, add in the fact that Jazz's on court behavior is the same as it was here but the GS fans are so hype,(they have maybe the best home court advantage in the NBA), he's not getting booed by his own fans on every possession. I'm sure that takes a lot of pressure off of him also.

I believe he could(he already has) play like that here now that Car lisle is gone....
    Yes, the fans have him playing very loosely with him not worrying about making a mistake or fouling. However, this the honeymoon period. Let's see what happens when things get tight.

I don't know how well he would maintain is cool if the refs ever start calling touch fouls. I've seen zebra crews that would have fouled Ajax out in 12 minutes playing the way he did against Dirk. I've never seen Dirk on the floor so many times without a foul being called. If a few hand checks were called against Ajax, that would have made all the difference. This is not making excuses for Dirk because he flat-out choked in the game and stunk up the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    are so freaking stubborn on the Jack issue that they simply refuse to yield at all costs.

That's how i see it. It's fairly clear at this point. The Pacers have two albatross contracts, an undersized power forward who's far from there (Walsh's assessment) and a free agent point guard they probably wont hold onto. That's an enormous price to pay to get rid of some bad apples.

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    The Warriors winning the NBA Finals and SJax as the MVP... ?

The Knicks winning the NBA Finals next year after a JO trade?

Those are stretches that are beyond MAJOR .

Regards,

Mourning
    6. Nash goes down with a Playoff-ending injury so Jalen Rose assumes the PG role, taking the Suns to the promised land while averaging a triple-double en route to an NBA Finals MVP and another max contract.

Pacers win NBA championship, all the pessimists wake up from their nightmare
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SwissExpress View Post
    +1
    See, while I agree with ya, the only problem is that Naptown is a Rick Carlisle supporter too and my thought is that Jack was freed when he was released from the Carlisle micro management ways.
    Had Bird and Walsh not given Rick the extension (as many of us hoped), and maybe even contemplated a new HC (I know, Rick deserved one more after all that crap), we might be celebrating the Pacers right now.
    All those sports talk nuts that are bashing the Pacers' organization need to look at the total picture. Rick (and his timeout ways) was a major part of that.
    Besides, should the Pacers hire a "disciplinarian", watch how fast those sports talk guys join the masses and congratulate Bird and Walsh.
    Whether that's right or wrong is moot.