Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moss to Pats

Thumbs down Moss to Pats

NFL.com reports that the Raiders have agreed to send Randy Moss to the Patriots for a fourth-round draft pick.
    A new contract has already been worked out and Moss is arriving Sunday for a physical. More to come shortly.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=1655

Well, I'm glad that his contract was restructured, but I really hate Randy Moss. Corey Dillon did not have a good reputation either, but he was only upset because he was the only player on his team that was trying. Moss on the other hand gave up and is one of the reasons the Raiders were so awful last year. He's talented, but he's a poisonous player. But..Moss and Stallworth is easily one of the top WR tandems in the league. Time to see what Brady can do when he has great WRs for once. But from a talent standpoint, this has to be one of the greatest offseasons ever for any team. Adding Adalius Thomas, Donte Stallworth, Randy Moss, and Wes Welker is hitting a home run. You've effectively added 2 WRs (Moss, Stallworth) with blazing speed and who are red zone targets as well as a WR (Welker) who can play in the slot and return punts and kickoffs.

Default Re: Moss to Pats

Absolutely the Pats have some talent, but talent with attitude can be blinding. I wonder if Brady can massage an ego like Moss if he isn't getting enough balls thrown his way?

Even Marvin and Reggie being so low key can get chippy at times.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

I respect the Pats, and what they've done, and will do .... but I really hate them.

Not that I want us to have gotten Randy, but I certainly didn't want them to get him either.

-- Steve --

Un ingbelievable

woman without a team

What's the over under on how long it will take Randy and their draft pick to get into trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's the over under on how long it will take Randy and their draft pick to get into trouble?
    Whats funny is I thought we might get to see a Stephen Jackson and Randy Moss headline in Oakland. There's still time though.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Haha wow. The Pats can have fun w/ that.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Belichick and Moss? That should be fun. It's TO-Parcells all over again.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Am I the only one who thinks it won't be so bad for NE?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Nope, I think it will be good for them. Which is not good for us.

-- Steve --

I agree that Moss will be motivated, and it will be a good move for the Pats..... blah

Keep the faith Suave, the Pats should be tapped out on the money front.

The pats are stacked. I don't think Moss is going to be a problem. Moss is going to be in a beautiful system and he isn't like TO in the sense no matter what is going on, he's going to have an attitude. Moss is a baby but TO has a mental problem. There won't be any problems about getting the ball etc... Now STallworth and Moss meshing or something like that could be a problem.

The Pat are CLEARLY the favorites, if anyone is ever going to run a perfect 16-0 season it's going to be the Pats this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby31 View Post
    The pats are stacked. I don't think Moss is going to be a problem. Moss is going to be in a beautiful system and he isn't like TO in the sense no matter what is going on, he's going to have an attitude. Moss is a baby but TO has a mental problem. There won't be any problems about getting the ball etc... Now STallworth and Moss meshing or something like that could be a problem.

The Pat are CLEARLY the favorites, if anyone is ever going to run a perfect 16-0 season it's going to be the Pats this year.
    Nah, they won't win in the Dome baby! (don't bring up AFC Championship... they didn't win that either!)

streets ahead

yeah moss isn't TO... moss has spent the last 2 years having almost non-existent seasons. moss will be at most like TO's first year with the eagles i think. while TO was always a problem he was still productive, moss hasn't been productive since he faux-mooned Green Bay.

and this isn't good for us. brady was competitive WITHOUT good receivers and we're hurting for CBs. i honestly cannot believe Green Bay didn't do everything in their power to get favre a receiver as good as moss. its like they're just trying to sludge thru his final years. get brett a target!
    This is the darkest timeline.

I'm just excited that we finally have some play makers at the WR spot. I love watching Brady pick apart defenses with the short game, but he has some great arm strength that everyone seems to forget about. It's great that he's got WRs now who can stretch the field and make some plays that Caldwell and Gaffney could never dream of doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I'm just excited that we finally have some play makers at the WR spot. I love watching Brady pick apart defenses with the short game, but he has some great arm strength that everyone seems to forget about. It's great that he's got WRs now who can stretch the field and make some plays that Caldwell and Gaffney could never dream of doing.
    It's not always good to get what you wish for. You mention the short game and you're so on target. Brady kills teams by keeping the chains moving and the other teams defense on the field. It would be a dream come true as a Colts fan for TBrady to fall in love with the long ball just as PManning did previous to the 2006 season.

Those passing yards sure look impressive, but I prefer the sure 1st and 10 plodding along that ensures chamionships like the Pats are use to what we finally got this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Keep the faith Suave, the Pats should be tapped out on the money front.
    They aren't tapped out with talent, though. Granted, getting people from trades/free agency is never a guarantee (see:Washington), NE really knows how to utilize its players. Which is why I worry

NE, SD, Denver, Jags will all be tough next year.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

As will the battle tested SB champion Colts.

In the short term it does look good for NE. We'll have to see if it pans out and how much money the Pats have tied up if Moss restructures his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    As will the battle tested SB champion Colts.

In the short term it does look good for NE. We'll have to see if it pans out and how much money the Pats have tied up if Moss restructures his contract.
    The reason this is so great is because just about every FA we've gotten this year has either a 1 year contract or a heavily backside loaded contract. I'm guessing Moss will get around 3-4 Mill this year with a ton of money coming next year. Stallworth's contract is the same way because of his injury history. If Moss starts crying, he'll be cut. If Stallworth's jello hammy's act up again, he'll be cut. The only people that we are in a moderately long contract for is Adalius Thomas and Wes Welker, both of whom are versatile players who can play different positions.

The only reason adding Moss makes me sad is that Troy Brown really no longer has a spot on this team. I still loved seeing him always be there as that 3rd down guy who would fight for tough yards after a catch and who had sure hands whenever you needed them.

I don't know if it will work out well for the Pats - but I'd bet everything I have that if it goes badly, they've set things up so it won't go too badly - the nice thing about the NFL is that unless a contract is front-loaded, you can cut a player and not get burned.

It's certainly worth taking a shot because the potential payoff is so high.

Would be nice to sneak a camera into the Pats locker room though - or at least a mike into Belichick's office.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They aren't tapped out with talent, though. Granted, getting people from trades/free agency is never a guarantee (see:Washington), NE really knows how to utilize its players. Which is why I worry

aren't you forgeting about the ?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

For a 4th round pick you definetely take a flyer on Moss panning out. I'm not sure he will tho.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I see Moss going to New England like Rodman going to Chicago. NE has the coach and players with enough credability to tell him to sit down, shut up, and catch the ball. First time he has been on a team like that since his early days in Minn. with Green and Carter.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DrBadd01 View Post
    aren't you forgeting about the ?
    They'll probably be good, but I'm not really worrying about them being a force just yet.