Thread: HDTV help needed...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Question HDTV help needed...

I found a pretty nice tv (atleast i think) its a 32' Vizio HDTV for $599. Id like anyone has general knowlege about HDTVs let me know if its a decent brand, price and all that stuff. here are the specs on it:

Picture/Display: 32" Diagonal LCD Flat Panel
    16:9 Aspect Ratio
    Native resolution of 1366 x 768
    High Brightness (500 cd/m2) providing a more vivid, brilliant picture in any environment
    Superb Contrast Ratio (1200:1) providing an incredible picture with deep blacks and bright whites no matter what type of room you are in
    Built-in ATSC/NTSC tuner allows you to receive over-the-air HD, digital and analog broadcast with an external antenna or Clear QAM channels on your cable
    Wide viewing angle (178 degrees) so that everyone can view the picture from practically anywhere in the room
    PIP and POP Side-by-Side for ultimate video enjoyment while watching simultaneous TV programs
    60,00 Hour Lamp Life provides many years of viewing pleasure
    HDTV Signal Compatibility: 1080i (HDTV), 720P (HDTV), 480P (EDTV), 480i (SDTV)
    Response Time: 8ms

Connectivity:
    Multiple video format support with HDMI, component video, composite video, s-video and RF antenna inputs
    1x RF ( F Connector for internal ATSC/QAM/NTSC Hybrid Tuner x1)
    2x HDMI with HDCP
    1x Stereo
    2x Component YPbPr plus Stereo Audio
    2x Composite Video
    1x S-Video plus Stereo Audio
    1x Composite Video plus Stereo Audio (side jack)
    1x Analog RGB plus Stereo Audio
    1x 5.1 Audio out from DTV input only (SPDIF Optical)
    1x Stereo Audio out (RCA)

Included:
    Universal Remote Control (2 AA batteries)
    A/V cable
    Power cord
    Manual
    VIP Brochure
    Registration Card
    Quick Start Guide
    Stand

Dimensions and Weight:
    Dimensions: 31.2"W x 23.3"H x 10.3"D
    Shipped Weight: 38.7 lbs.

good ? bad ? decent ? also if you know of any other tvs in about the $600 - $750 price range let me know thanks.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Default Re: HDTV help needed...

Let me first say I don't have an HDTV and I've never owned a Vizio TV. But their advertising campaign is something to the effect that "an HDTV for those who thought they couldn't afford it". So my guess is the quality isn't the best. However for that price - it sounds like a good stop gap solution maybe for a few years until perhaps the better quality HDTV's come down in price.

This is from their website, "VIZIO products offer customers the most advanced technologies at the most affordable value"

I'll probably buy an HDTV before the next NBA season, and I might get a Vizio if the price continues to be about half of some of the leading brands.

here is a HDTV forum, I have only glanced at this, so I don't know if they discuss this brand, but you might want to loo through or do a search

http://www.hdtvoice.com/voice/index.php

Mood

awesome ill check that site out

Ill be upgrading my Directv Plus DVR to the HD DVR whenever I do decide to take the HD leap.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    awesome ill check that site out

Ill be upgrading my Directv Plus DVR to the HD DVR whenever I do decide to take the HD leap.
    There is a section of the forum for this brand of TV, you have to hunt for it. It is amazing how the internet has discussion forums for about anything, I've even heard there there are discussion forums for NBA teams, even bad ones like the Indiana Pacers. The internet is great

http://www.hdtvoice.com/voice/forumdisplay.php?f=466

OK, here are some reviews and they don't sound too good. Not sure if this is your exact model. Although it might be the type of thing that those who are satisfied, won't post their reviews. You can also go to Circuitcity.com and there are customer reviews for TV there

http://www.amazon.com/Vizio-L32-Wide...ews/B000BWY0BC

The AVS forum is a good place to look also.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ighlight=vizio
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Mood

ill check both of those guys. thanks for the links
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84