Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

I don't know why Jackson's boys aren't happy for him. He's obviously in a better situation. He was getting booed all the time here and benefits from playing with a great backcourt.

His time here was done.

Yeah, why was Rick kept one more year? Might have been the worst off season move in years. Worse than trading a pick for Al, two picks for White, signing Saras, and trading for Pollard.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know why Jackson's boys aren't happy for him. He's obviously in a better situation. He was getting booed all the time here and benefits from playing with a great backcourt.

His time here was done.
    You beat your *** I'm happy for my boy. However, I'm not happy with the way some disgruntled Pacers fans continue to drag him through the mud and attempt to lessen the massive impact he's had on his new team.

I am thrilled though at how he's in a situation that allows him to be himself and play at the level he did from the Hawks and early Pacers days. Hell, I had a dude come up to me while I was filling up my gas tank the other day and said Stephen was a real good player and all that. The good publicity is doing great things for his career and hopefully the real Jack can prove the national media wrong over the next couple years.

How many games did you miss the playoffs by? Its delusional to think you wouldn't have beaten the Magic into the playoffs with Harrington and Jackson. And basketball is a zero-sum game.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    You beat your *** I'm happy for my boy. However, I'm not happy with the way some disgruntled Pacers fans continue to drag him through the mud and attempt to lessen the massive impact he's had on his new team.
    Its all Nellie. Not Jack. Jack still makes the same dumb plays, same dumb turnovers, same dumb shot selection.

Nellie just has a system where Jack's stupidity doesn't hurt the team.

Reason: the raw number of possessions. Jack makes the same amount of screwups (as even his most ardent fans have noted), but its a much smaller percentage of the team's total possessions that he destroys. So Jack benefits from having a bit more confidence, and he's gotten his crappy 3FG% up to "average."

Especially when contrasted to Rick's kill-the-shotclock approach, where Rick is probably the worst coach in the league for SJax and Nellie is the best - at least during the honeymoon period.

As much as I can't stand the way Stephen Jackson plays the game, I'm very happy for Nellie to re-establish his reputation as one of the top coaches in the game because he takes a lot of overly harsh criticism.

Not only did Nellie beat the Mavericks, he did it with a wildly unpredictable player like Stephen Jackson taking a leading role. Un-freakin'-believable.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Are some of us really crying because we didn't get the honor of squeaking into the playoffs and getting our asses kicked in the first round? Please. The pre-trade team was garbage. The post-trade team is just worse-smelling garbage right now.

Default Re: We should trade for this guy

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    There is 2-3 threads on Jack MAX.

Is there a reason why non-Indiana residents seem to have this great affection for jax (particularly californians) than plain old Hoosiers. If we did a survey of just Hoosiers would Jax still be here? Maybe Californians just have a greater tolerance for maladjusted individuals

Woody Harrelson should not be in an NBA lockerroom. White men can jump, just not Woody.

Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    Are some of us really crying because we didn't get the honor of squeaking into the playoffs and getting our asses kicked in the first round? Please. The pre-trade team was garbage. The post-trade team is just worse-smelling garbage right now.
    I look at it this way. We had a hand in the greatest playoff upset of all time. Then I drink myself to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    Is there a reason why non-Indiana residents seem to have this great affection for jax (particularly californians) than plain old Hoosiers. If we did a survey of just Hoosiers would Jax still be here? Maybe Californians just have a greater tolerance for maladjusted individuals
    You have a point here my friend (although I'm also not from Indiana and really dislike Stephen Jackson) and might I add that it looks like some of us are more into their favourite players than into our team.

If JO leaves this summer I feel a JO lovefest is coming up that will last the whole season ... aaarrrrggghhhhh!!!!
    Maceo Baston's #1 fan on Pacers Digest!

What are we to expect in the Jazz/Warriors series? I'm really, really pulling for the Jazz, not because I don't like my former players, but because I'm a closeted Jazz fan (after the Pacers of course). Is GS the favorite?!

The Jazz do nothing for me, so I'll probably again be mentally rooting for the Warriors. Yes, I was in the Mavericks series too, but I was so disgusted with the bandwagon-hopping and Jackson love-fest I never bothered to state as much.

Jumpshooting will take you this far in playoffs. Jazz home court advantage, stronger inside game, deeper bench and disciplined approach to every game will be to much for GSW. It is not easy to run in SLC ( altitude). Jazz in 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Calgary Jazz View Post
    Jumpshooting will take you this far in playoffs. Jazz home court advantage, stronger inside game, deeper bench and disciplined approach to every game will be to much for GSW. It is not easy to run in SLC ( altitude). Jazz in 6.
    Ohh and the Mavs didnt have those things? Stronger inside game probably not, but all the other things they did. I cant wait to see Okur or Boozer try to guard Barnes or JRich.

Quote Originally Posted by Calgary Jazz View Post
    I'd like to believe you, but I perceive a bias of sorts...

The Jazz probably are more disciplined than the Mavs. They won't get caught jacking up as many 3's (to clank) like the Mavs did.

The trick to me is making GS stay out there jacking them up. They can get on ridiculous hot streaks, but it was their penetration that made the difference.

I think a lot of will hinge on what tone the zebras set for the series. If there are a lot of ticky-tack fouls, GSW are going to have to ease up on their defense and driving to the hoop.

Regardless, it should be one helluva series with non-stop action. Neither team likes to take breathers and are relentless for the full 48 minutes.

I'm looking for the Jazz to take it in a hard fought series and believe it or not, I think AK47 will be the difference. I know, his offense and rebounding have been way down but with Okur and Boozer, he isn't needed for a lot of boards. However, in this series, I believe he will rise to the occasion with a lot of blocks, tough D and a few more boards.

If the Warriors are hitting even close to their 3 pt shooting pct. against the Mavs, the Jazz are in trouble. Sometimes, however, you live by the 3 and you die by the 3.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

I think GS just has to let Boozer get his because he is NOT Dirk in the post. He will own anything Nellie sends at him.

I agree with UB that DWilliams will end up being better than CPaul but a mostly healthy BDiddy will own him.

Jazz getting free throws and close shots to halt the fast breaks and quick shots will be key also. Should be very entertaining.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Patience? No.

Honeymoon.

spell it with me:

H - o - n - e - y - m - o - o - n.

The Real Jackson will return at some point.

Its just a good thing for Warriors fans that during the honeymoon period that no member of the Warriors was unstable enough to actually rush into the stands and attack the fans, which completely de-railed his honeymoon period in Indianapolis.

I think that period is done with and over? Actually, after the 1st game after the trade.

Jackson has been ejected a number of times this season already in a GSW uni.... but at the same time, so has Baron Davis. The Cali scene is quite different from what fans see in Indy.

Fact of the matter is, Golden State fans set an attendance record for game 6 in the playoffs; 20,667 people. 20,667 Steven Jacksons to be exact.

I think every Warrior fan sees the deficiencies of Jackson. Don Nelson knows them too! Furthermore, he could eliminate them!!! But he wont; he is on record as saying he doesn't want to take that "edge" away from Jackson, so he has to live with it. You take the good with the bad, but Jackson has been a pretty clutch player for GSW.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    I'm based of out Cali....and be rest-assured that not all Californians are in the same boat as Jermainac is.

I'm on the "I think that SJax is a talented and competitive SG that was one of...but not the main...reason why the Warriors are in the playoffs cuz of a deal that we made where we came out on the short end of this stick....but understand that ( for better or for worse ) because of his off-court issues, he had to go" side of the fence.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

I think that something that is overlooked in the Jazz/Warriors matchup is the coaching aspect of this series.

Nellie Vs. Sloan

Unlike Avery Johnson....Sloan probably is going to be a better tactician and can probably better manage the pace and tone of the series. One of the things that the commentators in the game noticed was that Avery Johnson had a tendency to use up his Timeouts during those huge Warrior runs...which led to problems for them in the critical minutes during the end of the game.

I'm guessing that Sloan is going to do much better in the aspect of the series.

Although this series won't have the excitement of the 1st series...I think that it will be an interesting one. Going forward...no one is going to underestimate the Warriors.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dez Junuts View Post
    I think that period is done with and over? Actually, after the 1st game after the trade.

Jackson has been ejected a number of times this season already in a GSW uni.... but at the same time, so has Baron Davis. The Cali scene is quite different from what fans see in Indy.

Fact of the matter is, Golden State fans set an attendance record for game 6 in the playoffs; 20,667 people. 20,667 Steven Jacksons to be exact.

I think every Warrior fan sees the deficiencies of Jackson. Don Nelson knows them too! Furthermore, he could eliminate them!!! But he wont; he is on record as saying he doesn't want to take that "edge" away from Jackson, so he has to live with it. You take the good with the bad, but Jackson has been a pretty clutch player for GSW.
    That's a very good observation from Nellie about not taking the "edge" off Jackson. RC trying to make Jax play in a controlled environment did exactly that. Maybe a good nickname for Jax would be "the Edge". I know, it's been used before by another Indy player but that was football.

Quote Originally Posted by Roferr View Post
    That's a very good observation from Nellie about not taking the "edge" off Jackson. RC trying to make Jax play in a controlled environment did exactly that. Maybe a good nickname for Jax would be "the Edge". I know, it's been used before by another Indy player but that was football.
    I prefer Jumpsuit Jack or Inmate 547.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

ALL I CAN SAY IS GO

Didn't realize it was going to be that subtle...

I have to watch this in the television lounge miles and miles away from the comfort of my own room because of finals and a stupid-*** "I gotta study all-day and sleep all-night" roommate!

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    I think GS just has to let Boozer get his because he is NOT Dirk in the post. He will own anything Nellie sends at him.

I agree with UB that DWilliams will end up being better than CPaul but a mostly healthy BDiddy will own him.

Jazz getting free throws and close shots to halt the fast breaks and quick shots will be key also. Should be very entertaining.
    Boozer will get shadowed to the point where he will not be seen. Sloan cannot make adjustments for this.

If Boozer wants the ball he will need to come out 12-15 feet. At that distance, he is in no-man's land- shoot a fade away (which he's not bad at) or attempt to take someone off the dribble (with multiple hands reaching).

This will shape up to be a good series!

They may make it harder for Boozer to make post moves, but they can not keep him off the glass and he is strong going to the hoop.