Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 675 of 1024

Thread: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

  1. #651
    One man show ajbry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,696

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    At this point I ain't got the patience to read most of your replies that only are meant to present your bitterness towards Stephen, I'm just going to leave it like this (and let's not forget the Dubs weren't playing the Wizards or anything):

    • 13th leading scorer in the league at 22.8 PPG.
    • 1st in 3-pointers made with 19/40 (48%).
    • 8th in points per shot at 1.47.
    • 14th in adjusted field goal percentage.
    • 5th in free throw makes and attempts.
    • 2nd in steals per game (2.0).
    • 12th in minutes played (the most on the Warriors).

  2. #652
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,961

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Valente View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You see mate, some people married Death if the honeymoon would bring them a champion ring. And the truth is that only Detroit and Phoenix could stop GS this year.
    Wow! Do I disagree with this. Dallas was THE PERFECT opponent for GS. Let's see how they fair against a team that has some serious inside options and actually uses them aswell .
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  3. #653
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    And how are those inside options going to run with the Warriors?

    Suns and the Spurs can both beat the Warriors. It will be much harder for the Rockets or Jazz. Especially the Rockets, with Yao trying to run around with the Dubs.

  4. #654
    One man show ajbry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,696

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And how are those inside options going to run with the Warriors?

    Suns and the Spurs can both beat the Warriors. It will be much harder for the Rockets or Jazz. Especially the Rockets, with Yao trying to run around with the Dubs.
    The only team the Warriors really have trouble with is the Spurs. The Suns can be beaten if the perimeter shots are falling, the Jazz were blown out a few weeks ago, and somehow Nellie got Al to play nasty defense on Yao last time they played the Rockets.

  5. #655
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    If they play the Rockets I would put Al in there just because he plays around the 3 and Yao would have to come out there. Andy cant play around the 3 and he has to stay in the paint and that will suit Yao. There is no way Yao will be able to play there with Al and their shot blocking would be gone.

    It would be hard for Al to guard Yao also, but we all know that the Warriors have much more offense then the Rockets and they will be able to outscore them easily.

  6. #656
    One man show ajbry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,696

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If they play the Rockets I would put Al in there just because he plays around the 3 and Yao would have to come out there. Andy cant play around the 3 and he has to stay in the paint and that will suit Yao. There is no way Yao will be able to play there with Al and their shot blocking would be gone.

    It would be hard for Al to guard Yao also, but we all know that the Warriors have much more offense then the Rockets and they will be able to outscore them easily.
    Exactly, so Al needs to get his act together. He can't just be happy with being a decoy, dude needs to make some shots. If he can somehow drag Yao outside the paint or negate his impact, Jack and Baron are going to get to the hole all day long.

  7. #657
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bloomington IN
    Posts
    182

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Jax had a good series and a great game. I'm happy for him, but for the life of me, I can't figure how continuing to grouse about he and Baby Al is doing us Pacer fans any good. Can we shut this thread down? I for one am ready to embrace the future of the Pacers. Golden State = Pacers West. Ok, I get it, but can we move on? What's done is done.

  8. #658
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    There are a bunch of people rooting for the Warriors to win this series, no need to shut this thread down at all.

  9. #659
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bloomington IN
    Posts
    182

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Then, start a thread that says "Go, Warriors!".

  10. #660
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    There is one right here. The reason the thread is called The OFFICIAL Golden State thread is because the admins dont want only one Warrior topic on the board.

  11. #661
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bloomington IN
    Posts
    182

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    No, the thread is not just titled the official GS thread. It's as much about how great Jax is and what fools TPTB were to trade him. I'm not taking sides on that issue, but I am frustrated by reading about that point. Besides crying in our beer, there's nothing we or anyone else on this planet can do about it. As to the success of GS, I watched the game last night and rooted for Pacers West like many. They are the eighth seed. The underdog. It's the American way to pull for the bottom seed to overcome all odds. But, that's not what this thread is about. This thread is about, "Oh, we are fools to have traded Jax" I spoke with Wayne Winston today at IU -- the statiscal genius who supplied quantitative data to Cuban. He has a very low opinion of the 'big trade' in terms of what the Pacers got for what they gave up. I don't think anyone disagrees that we got fleeced. But, I say again, can we stop discussing that point? As to GS having further success in the playoffs, I'm all for it. It's good for the NBA and it's fun to watch Nelson have the last laugh.

  12. #662
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,057

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    I also enjoyed watching Golden State win.

    Rooted for them, and I couldn't stand Stephen Jackson as a Pacer.

    I'm still glad as heck Jackson doesn't play for us. I'm also happy for Golden State.

    Actually, I enjoyed being able to root for Jackson without also trembling for when, inevitably, he will make a fool of himself and the franchise. Instead of dreading the next blowup, I just enjoyed the crazy, fastpaced basketball.

    But in the long run, I am willing to take on the milk drinkers and find a few more good players and rebuild over time to develop a strong, stable team that has staying power.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  13. #663
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,708

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Here is a great column by Conrad Brunner of Pacers.com. I agree with every word.



    http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/web_070504.html
    Warriors? Gain Doesn?t Reflect Pacers? Loss



    May 4, 2007


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's hard not to cast a jealous eye towards Oakland, where the Warriors and their fans are enjoying a long-awaited, hard-earned love-fest.
    When a franchise that has averaged 28 victories in its previous 11 full seasons and hasn't been to the playoffs since 1994 suddenly becomes the talk of the postseason by pulling off a stunning upset of the purportedly mighty Dallas Mavericks, the fans are entitled to go a bit wacko.

    It is warmly reminiscent of that magical 1993-94 season in Indianapolis, when Larry Brown's Pacers caught fire in the second half of the season and despite a modest 47-35 record pushed all the way to the Eastern Conference Finals, rallying the city behind the franchise and beginning a decade of prominence that would bring six trips to the conference finals and one to the NBA Finals.

    Though the Warriors have certainly been helped by the midseason trade with the Pacers, do not be misled. Golden State's gain does not mean Indiana's loss. This is not a zero-sum game.

    Truth be told, the Warriors benefited much more from the timely return to health, and form, of Baron Davis and Jason Richardson than the trade. Remember, they were 26-36 heading into the final 20 games but Davis returned from left knee surgery and the turnaround was immediate. Then Richardson, who missed a total of 31 games with knee and hand injuries, found his groove in the final 10 games. The Warriors went 16-4 in the final 20, and 9-1 in the final 10.

    Without question, Stephen Jackson has been a major contributor. He also was ejected twice (sound familiar?) during the Dallas series ? and fined heavily by Coach Don Nelson. Al Harrington, however, hasn't adapted well to being moved to center (sound familiar?) and has slipped to the fringe of the rotation. Sarunas Jasikevicius and Josh Powell rarely shed their warmups.

    The fact is, the Pacers probably wouldn't have made the playoffs had they kept the roster intact. Donnie Walsh and Larry Bird accurately identified a dysfunctional team that was teetering on the brink of total collapse and acted to make a major change. If anything, the trade delayed the inevitable because it provided the new energy that led to the only real surge of the season in late January and early February.

    This franchise is in the process of moving on, of putting the drama and trauma of the previous three seasons fully in the past. It will be neither instant nor easy, but it is absolutely necessary.

    So go ahead and feel good for Jackson, Harrington and the Warriors.

    But don't take that to mean you must somehow feel bad for, or about, the Pacers.

    Better days are ahead, and the trade will hasten their arrival.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    E-mail this story

  14. #664
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,827

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/web_070504.html
    Warriors? Gain Doesn?t Reflect Pacers? Loss



    May 4, 2007


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's hard not to cast a jealous eye towards Oakland, where the Warriors and their fans are enjoying a long-awaited, hard-earned love-fest.
    When a franchise that has averaged 28 victories in its previous 11 full seasons and hasn't been to the playoffs since 1994 suddenly becomes the talk of the postseason by pulling off a stunning upset of the purportedly mighty Dallas Mavericks, the fans are entitled to go a bit wacko.

    It is warmly reminiscent of that magical 1993-94 season in Indianapolis, when Larry Brown's Pacers caught fire in the second half of the season and despite a modest 47-35 record pushed all the way to the Eastern Conference Finals, rallying the city behind the franchise and beginning a decade of prominence that would bring six trips to the conference finals and one to the NBA Finals.

    Though the Warriors have certainly been helped by the midseason trade with the Pacers, do not be misled. Golden State's gain does not mean Indiana's loss. This is not a zero-sum game.

    Truth be told, the Warriors benefited much more from the timely return to health, and form, of Baron Davis and Jason Richardson than the trade. Remember, they were 26-36 heading into the final 20 games but Davis returned from left knee surgery and the turnaround was immediate. Then Richardson, who missed a total of 31 games with knee and hand injuries, found his groove in the final 10 games. The Warriors went 16-4 in the final 20, and 9-1 in the final 10.

    Without question, Stephen Jackson has been a major contributor. He also was ejected twice (sound familiar?) during the Dallas series ? and fined heavily by Coach Don Nelson. Al Harrington, however, hasn't adapted well to being moved to center (sound familiar?) and has slipped to the fringe of the rotation. Sarunas Jasikevicius and Josh Powell rarely shed their warmups.

    The fact is, the Pacers probably wouldn't have made the playoffs had they kept the roster intact. Donnie Walsh and Larry Bird accurately identified a dysfunctional team that was teetering on the brink of total collapse and acted to make a major change. If anything, the trade delayed the inevitable because it provided the new energy that led to the only real surge of the season in late January and early February.

    This franchise is in the process of moving on, of putting the drama and trauma of the previous three seasons fully in the past. It will be neither instant nor easy, but it is absolutely necessary.

    So go ahead and feel good for Jackson, Harrington and the Warriors.

    But don't take that to mean you must somehow feel bad for, or about, the Pacers.

    Better days are ahead, and the trade will hasten their arrival.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    [/QUOTE]

    I agree with his overall premise. However bolded segment one I am not convinced of. I think we probably do make the playoffs with Jack and Al. Now would that have been a good thing? That's not what I'm saying b/c changes were needed regardless.

    If the Pacers are 100% commited to what he suggests in the 2nd bolded segment, that means O'Neal and Tinsley need to move on as far as I'm concerned. They've had their role in the "drama and trauma", too.

  15. #665
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,152

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    I believe we have seen the last of ONeal as a Pacer and Tinsley also.
    The situation is perfect as far as teams in the west who have and will
    be eliminated from the playoffs looking to make the move to push them
    to a championship. JO is that player. The demand will be good for the
    Pacers. And if providence really shines on the Pacers they could even have
    a top 3 pick this year.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  16. #666

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    I'm very happy for the Warriors.......They have a team full of guys who actually cared.......Remember what that used to feel like? They have a coach who actually plays to his players strengths.........I wonder how Jackson would've played under a different coach........oh wait........We're seeing it now...

  17. #667
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by timid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm very happy for the Warriors.......They have a team full of guys who actually cared.......Remember what that used to feel like? They have a coach who actually plays to his players strengths.........I wonder how Jackson would've played under a different coach........oh wait........We're seeing it now...
    We've also seen what Artest and Harrington have done playing under a new coach haven't we? Don't be selective.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  18. #668
    2014 IKL Champion DrBadd01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    United States.
    Posts
    1,949

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We've also seen what Artest and Harrington have done playing under a new coach haven't we? Don't be selective.
    and Saras for that matter . . . . . . when he plays.

  19. #669
    One man show ajbry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,696

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here is a great column by Conrad Brunner of Pacers.com. I agree with every word.
    I found that article to be hilarious. The Pacers PR department is getting nervous and so they told Conrad to immediately discredit our castoffs in order to promote the stagnation of the current team. It's a cheap shot towards Jack and Al and I ain't too happy about that.

    I don't care if he has decent words to say about Jack individually, but the truth of the matter is that he instantly negates them by saying the trade did not hinder the team's performance. I love the line about not making the playoffs. With Jack and Al, no matter how the chemistry was in regards to Al/JO and Jack/Carlisle, this is a team that is at the very least the #5 or #6 seed in the East.

  20. #670

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We've also seen what Artest and Harrington have done playing under a new coach haven't we? Don't be selective.
    I don't particularly care about them being traded. My issue is with Jack being traded, thus thats who I pointed out...

    I've always thought Sarunas sucked anyway......

  21. #671
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,973

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by timid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm very happy for the Warriors.......They have a team full of guys who actually cared.......Remember what that used to feel like? They have a coach who actually plays to his players strengths.........I wonder how Jackson would've played under a different coach........oh wait........We're seeing it now...
    No, I don't remember how that felt like. At least during Jackson's tenure as a Pacer there has never been a team full of guys who actually cared. There have only been incredible chemistry issues.

    You can blame that on RC, and you would be right to some extent. But it goes both ways. Some of these players are selfish primadonnas who simply do not like playing for RC. They didn't like his style and they didn't respect him. This mess was all about a group of immature players and a coach with a rigid style who did not demand nor deserve respect.

    So, yes Jack will play better under a different coach. RC will also coach better without a Jack-@ss to deal with.

    I am sooooo glad Jack is gone.

  22. #672
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I found that article to be hilarious. The Pacers PR department is getting nervous and so they told Conrad to immediately discredit our castoffs in order to promote the stagnation of the current team. It's a cheap shot towards Jack and Al and I ain't too happy about that.

    I don't care if he has decent words to say about Jack individually, but the truth of the matter is that he instantly negates them by saying the trade did not hinder the team's performance. I love the line about not making the playoffs. With Jack and Al, no matter how the chemistry was in regards to Al/JO and Jack/Carlisle, this is a team that is at the very least the #5 or #6 seed in the East.
    Damn it thats word

  23. #673
    Member circlecitysportsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    579
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    That piece proves the Pacer organization is crumbling. Cap hell, no draft pick, and all they can say is "we would have not made the playoffs anyway". Then way play JO? Just sit him so we can lock in a lottery pick. This franchise has no leadership or direction at all. I'm so glad we are being embarrased by Jack and Goldenstate.

  24. #674
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by timid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm very happy for the Warriors.......They have a team full of guys who actually cared.......Remember what that used to feel like? They have a coach who actually plays to his players strengths.........I wonder how Jackson would've played under a different coach........oh wait........We're seeing it now...
    How did Croshere, Fred Jones, Anthony Johnson, Scot Pollard, etc etc do after Rick? I think you need to read the thread started by UB way back when - Carlisle's biggest strength is that he maximizes the performance of his players, especially the average ones. Players go to a different coach and consistently under perform comparatively. The EXCEPTION is Jackson, not the rule.

    Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I found that article to be hilarious. The Pacers PR department is getting nervous and so they told Conrad to immediately discredit our castoffs in order to promote the stagnation of the current team. It's a cheap shot towards Jack and Al and I ain't too happy about that.

    I don't care if he has decent words to say about Jack individually, but the truth of the matter is that he instantly negates them by saying the trade did not hinder the team's performance. I love the line about not making the playoffs. With Jack and Al, no matter how the chemistry was in regards to Al/JO and Jack/Carlisle, this is a team that is at the very least the #5 or #6 seed in the East.
    I can definitely see your point about the article not showing class. Frankly, I'm a bit miffed that it even exists.

    But I think your prediction is just as stupid as Bruno's. How the hell do you know what would have happened? You don't. Neither does Bruno.

    Making an immediate change was the right thing to do. Though I will back up Jay and say that the change that should have been made was releasing Rick towards the end of last year.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  25. #675
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,051
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Truth be told, Jackson was NEVER going to play the way he is now for GS with the Pacers. I dont care what coach, what style, or whatever this group of guys wasnt going anywhere, except maybe 1st round playoff losses, and wow thats a whole lot better.

    The Raptors would have kicked our asses in 5 games probably as the pre-trade Pacers match up horribly against em. (either team did) The main reason NJ could beat em was that Kidd played an incredible series on both ends.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •