Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe not but professional teams are not run by fans but by businessmen so who knows what other options they had. I would have liked to see a trade of Jax for Dun period and now hope they can unload Murphy in a year or two. I also would like Murphy to understand that the has to play more physically.
    I would like these three things too but...

1.) For some reason we took on Murphy too while not getting enough for Al.
    2.) They won't be able to unload Murphy unless they trade him with someone like Granger or in a blockbuster with JO. We're stuck with him.
    3.) Murphy isn't a physical player...that's reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    I could care less what state the dude is from. He can come to San Francisco and live in my building, I could give 2 damns about what he is .
    So you are one of those "talking fans' and not "paying fans". TPTB only care about paying fans so yes Mal does get a say because he supports the team where it counts.

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    I am actually happy when I see younger people on here condem the actions of athletes that think they are above the law and good taste. I want to feel proud when I wear my Pacers gear. I'm sure I'm not the only one tired of the jokes and dumb questions at our expense.
    Instead, we have a terrible team, no draft pick in one of the best drafts in history, we're in a terrible financial state, we have no coach, a terribly structured team (front court-heavy), and few tradeble assets...things are not good in Pacer nation right now. I don't know what the 80s were like...but things aren't looking hot now either.

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    So you are one of those "talking fans' and not "paying fans". TPTB only care about paying fans so yes Mal does get a say because he supports the team where it counts.
    Is he forced to go to the games? Do one of the thugs come to the door and say Hicks buy tickets you are a shot right here. He buys tickets because he wants to watch them PLAY a basketball game, he has NO SAY in their personal life, just like they dont have none on his.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Instead, we have a terrible team, no draft pick in one of the best drafts in history, we're in a terrible financial state, we have no coach, a terribly structured team (front court-heavy), and few tradeble assets...things are not good in Pacer nation right now. I don't know what the 80s were like...but things aren't looking hot now either.
    IF we are going to bring that up... then I might aswell act like v_d_g and bring up that draft pick we gave up for Al, which I too was opposed too.

I remember a lot of the "Jack = G-O-D" crowd wanting Al here and beying all too happy about giving up that pick. Using that we have no-pick this year argument from these members is aggravating to say the least.

Want me to start a number of threads about the pick we gave up?

In other words get over it! Further, I think you are making some pretty revisionist statements regarding Stephen in this thread, rexnom.

And then there are fans that say they do NOT care what the Pacers players do off the court? Are you kidding me or living in a vacume, because our players aren't living in a vacume and neither is our franchise which they have helped to ******* up on and off the court. Think about that again ... you people don't mind our players damaging our franchise off the court? Now is that REALLY the sort of players you want here or that sort of franchise to support?

I was one of the biggest Artest supporters, but sometimes is enough. I figured that I wasn't the only one who was done with Artest and Stephen's acts on AND off the court after several years, guess I was wrong.

IF so then don't complain when ESPN or other "sources" bring up the "Pacers" and "brawl" and "offcourt incidents" in the same sentence continously, because ... obviously you don't care about those things, right?

Now hearing that one of the main culprits for that damage to the franchise getting talked about like he is a savior and there was no reason at all to trade his ignorant *** out of here is hard to understand to say the least.

I'm done with this thread.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

I'm not even a Jack supporter...I am just trying to show that this trade is looking more and more lopsided. I think Jack for Dunleavy would have been a decent trade. I just think this trade was a poor basketball decision and I would like to argue it as such. Trading Artest was a good basketball decision that should have been made earlier. The man was hurting the basketball team. Jack did no such thing.

Btw, the only revisionist statements is in terms of my own comments at the time. I was fairly pro-trade, which I finally realize was incorrect.

To this day, I do not understand why we had to take on Murphy when we were already taking on Dunleavy and giving them Al, who they had long coveted.

Also, don't make the mistake that I don't care about the off-the court incidents...I do. But I like to think of Jack more in terms of that guy who built a school in his home town rather than that guy who was involved in the Rio incident. The former, to me, seems to be more in tune to who Jack really is.

Again, however, I have no problem with Dunleavy. First game I saw Dunleavy run a beautiful roll with JO for an easy dunk I was sold on him. I think he can develop a solid shot and earn his pay. I just don't understand why we took on Murphy. Also, I know that TPTB love Ike and all that but they better either trade JO or find a coach that can make Ike and JO work together because as of right now, Ike and JO play the same position.

Lastly, I will get over it, just like I got over the Brad Miller trade, but at least give me until the end of the season...you have to empathize with the pain I'm feeling not watching our guys in the playoffs...

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Roferr View Post
    If this a "very, very minimal" race issue, than why did you bring it up?
    I thought I explained it but dammit I was wrong again. The issue for trading for the "white" (THE QUOTATIONS SIGNIFY SOMETHING) players was the perception of their behavior on and off the court. You, or maybe others did, I don't care, saw the word "white" and were like omg did he just say something about Caucasian males being lesser people or something. For Christ's sake, everyone knew that this was a PR move. The color of their skin (an argument which pisses me off more than anything ever except for Ben Wallace) is something of the 60's. Words mean different things now. Anyway, I brought up the fact that the two main players we traded for were light-skinned and relatively quiet because that is what the hell fans saw when this happened and many were overjoyed that the Pacers were finally going to start playing "true" basketball. Not ancestry, behavior. And this issue ought to be dropped mad.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    I.... ugh. You know what, I'm just NOT going to speak my mind.

Ugh.

Seriously, I cannot understand how you can take Troy Murphy and not take a joke buddy. Nobody here is a Neo-Nazi, a Black Panther, or whatever; this is just an Internet forum. Relax and realize the sarcasm in the statement. And if you believe that it is utterly untruthful, it's something to talk about. You really can say whatever you want, at least to me; it's cool. I'll even add one of these: .
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

Sports Logo

Oyyy...I pretty much get the point that all of you are trying to make....the Pacers made a deal where we downgraded in talent where we were forced to take on 2 bad contracts that belonged to 2 mediocre player cuz TPTB felt that they had to move a player that has continued to blemish the already wrecked image of a tarnished team.....the trade wasn't a pretty move and will probably hinder our ability to make future moves...but some of us ( not all ) felt that it was a necessary evil.

Geez.....can we just move on?

I will start it for you all.

I know that it sucks that this is the first time in 9+ years that the Pacers haven't made the Playoffs....but how about them Warriors?

I think they have a good chance to beat the Mavs but could possibly lose to a defensive minded team like the Rockets in the 2nd round.

Any thoughts? Discuss.....
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I dont agree with the GS not wanting Jack part.
    Don Nelson is on record for asking Greg Popovich his opinion on Jackson before doing the trade. Popovich recommended him.

Tim Duncan calls Jackson "the Ultimate teammate."

AND YES... STEVEN JACKSON, NOT JASON RICHARDSON, has been the 2nd most important player for the Warriors.

It's the Baron Davis show but Jack's got a heavy hand.

JRich has only had one good game in the series (game 4).

Is he forced to go to the games? Do one of the thugs come to the door and say Hicks buy tickets you are a shot right here. He buys tickets because he wants to watch them PLAY a basketball game, he has NO SAY in their personal life, just like they dont have none on his.
    When the paying fans stop paying, then Jax whose personal life is all his, gets to play in the local gym. Let me see, the pacers are complaining they are losing their paying fans. Maybe Mal does have a say.

One a completely unrelated note...from today's Dime...

"What's the difference between Mavs coach Don Nelson and Raptors coach Sam Mitchell?

Well, I can think of quite a few differences, but one is called "Not freaking out when his best player gets two fouls."

Nelson made the most underrated coaching move of the playoffs last night. Or non-move, I guess you'd call it. With 8:07 to go in the first quarter, Baron Davis picked up his second foul when he charged into Dallas' Devin Harris. The book says to take Davis out for the rest of the quarter; Nelson just shrugged his shoulders and left him to continue wreaking havoc on the court. Davis ended up playing 44 minutes, leading the Warriors to a 103-99 win and a shocking 3-1 series lead over the Mavs. But he could do that only because Nelly allowed him to.

You have to understand what a knee-jerk move this is for almost every coach in the league. Virtually every time a player gets two fouls in the opening quarter, the coach will sit him out the rest of the first quarter, and for good measure a little bit of the second. For good measure, the coach will take him out again toward the end of the first half, because God forbid he use three of his six fouls before halftime.

What ends up happening is rather ironic. The outcome the coach is trying to avoid -- losing a player to his sixth foul -- is effectively guaranteed by him instead, as he diminishes the player's minutes much more than a sixth foul in the fourth quarter could ever do. And as I keep reminding people, points in the first and second quarter count just as much as they do in the fourth.

In fact, that knee-jerk coaching reaction is exactly what Sam Mitchell did with Chris Bosh in Game 1 of the Nets-Raptors series, and it's something he may have all summer to ponder. Playing most of the half without Bosh meant Toronto carried a nine-point deficit into the break, and when the Raptors couldn't make it up after halftime the Nets had the one road win they needed to take the series. "

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...ilydime-070501

Agree 100%. I have fallen in love with Nellie as a coach in this series. The man just has chutzpah in his decision. He's a big gambler and it's beautiful to watch when it pays off. Somewhere, Shawne Williams is watching this at home and doing his "Big Cajones dance." - cue magicrat! No? Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    One a completely unrelated note...from today's Dime...

"What's the difference between Mavs coach Don Nelson and Raptors coach Sam Mitchell?

Well, I can think of quite a few differences, but one is called "Not freaking out when his best player gets two fouls."

Nelson made the most underrated coaching move of the playoffs last night. Or non-move, I guess you'd call it. With 8:07 to go in the first quarter, Baron Davis picked up his second foul when he charged into Dallas' Devin Harris. The book says to take Davis out for the rest of the quarter; Nelson just shrugged his shoulders and left him to continue wreaking havoc on the court. Davis ended up playing 44 minutes, leading the Warriors to a 103-99 win and a shocking 3-1 series lead over the Mavs. But he could do that only because Nelly allowed him to.

You have to understand what a knee-jerk move this is for almost every coach in the league. Virtually every time a player gets two fouls in the opening quarter, the coach will sit him out the rest of the first quarter, and for good measure a little bit of the second. For good measure, the coach will take him out again toward the end of the first half, because God forbid he use three of his six fouls before halftime.

What ends up happening is rather ironic. The outcome the coach is trying to avoid -- losing a player to his sixth foul -- is effectively guaranteed by him instead, as he diminishes the player's minutes much more than a sixth foul in the fourth quarter could ever do. And as I keep reminding people, points in the first and second quarter count just as much as they do in the fourth.

In fact, that knee-jerk coaching reaction is exactly what Sam Mitchell did with Chris Bosh in Game 1 of the Nets-Raptors series, and it's something he may have all summer to ponder. Playing most of the half without Bosh meant Toronto carried a nine-point deficit into the break, and when the Raptors couldn't make it up after halftime the Nets had the one road win they needed to take the series. "

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...ilydime-070501

Agree 100%. I have fallen in love with Nellie as a coach in this series. The man just has chutzpah in his decision. He's a big gambler and it's beautiful to watch when it pays off. Somewhere, Shawne Williams is watching this at home and doing his "Big Cajones dance." - cue magicrat! No? Oh well...
    I'm with you about DN, although I've been a big fan way back since his Milwaukee Bucks days. Yes some will always say well he's never won a championship and I certainly can't deny it, but I still feel he's an excellent coach.

In fact, his Bucks teams absolutely dominated the central division but had the misfortune of competing with the great Sixers and Celtics squads of the early to mid 80s. So though no post season glory, it's difficult to deny there's a more innovative coach or one who is better able to adjust to his talent at any given point in time. Hope we're looking closely at his coaching tree for candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Dez Junuts View Post
    Don Nelson is on record for asking Greg Popovich his opinion on Jackson before doing the trade. Popovich recommended him.

Tim Duncan calls Jackson "the Ultimate teammate."

AND YES... STEVEN JACKSON, NOT JASON RICHARDSON, has been the 2nd most important player for the Warriors.

It's the Baron Davis show but Jack's got a heavy hand.

JRich has only had one good game in the series (game 4).
    The first point is definitely important, Pops loved him as much as his San Antonio teammates.

But your other point (which I've been making for a while now) is right on the money. J-Rich is a nice player and all, but Jack is certainly the 2nd most important player, Nellie has said it as well. Offensively, J-Rich can provide a little more consistency for the most part, but Jack is a better distributor and can play 1-4 and has a huge advantage defensively.

I can't wait for tonight's game. What do y'all think is going to happen?

I still think the Dubs have the advantage even though the Mavs are at home. They're on the ropes and Dirk has basically surrendered. I expect more of the same that we've seen the past 2 games, hopefully Stephen can get his shot going too.

If Pop loved him so much, why didn't they try to get him?. Maybe they loved him as in past tense (although I vividly remember Pop pulling his hair out tying to coach Jax) but they didn't want him back

Banned

From ESPN's article on Dirk whining about being shut down by SJax and Co.

The Warriors aren't likely to roll over, either. They've been the aggressors in every game, with Baron Davis providing the skill and Stephen Jackson the toughness.

Despite a reputation for playing little defense, the Warriors have yet to allow anyone to score 30 points, while getting at least that many from one of their players every game.

Thus, there is no disputing that SJax has transformed the GS defense, and with his #2 status on the offensive end makes him the premier 2-way player in the playoffs so far.

My new nickname for SJax and Davis: Lock 'n Load

What do you mean "try to get him"?

From the Pacers? From the Hawks? When he was a free agent after being a Spur?

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    I thought I explained it but dammit I was wrong again. The issue for trading for the "white" (THE QUOTATIONS SIGNIFY SOMETHING) players was the perception of their behavior on and off the court. You, or maybe others did, I don't care, saw the word "white" and were like omg did he just say something about Caucasian males being lesser people or something. For Christ's sake, everyone knew that this was a PR move. The color of their skin (an argument which pisses me off more than anything ever except for Ben Wallace) is something of the 60's. Words mean different things now. Anyway, I brought up the fact that the two main players we traded for were light-skinned and relatively quiet because that is what the hell fans saw when this happened and many were overjoyed that the Pacers were finally going to start playing "true" basketball. Not ancestry, behavior. And this issue ought to be dropped mad.
    I'm glad that you speak for "everyone" as in "everyone knew that this was a PR move." How in the hell do you know what I and others think?

Now, that I've said that I'm moving on. This silly-a## comment should have never been made.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Oyyy...I pretty much get the point that all of you are trying to make....the Pacers made a deal where we downgraded in talent where we were forced to take on 2 bad contracts that belonged to 2 mediocre player cuz TPTB felt that they had to move a player that has continued to blemish the already wrecked image of a tarnished team.....the trade wasn't a pretty move and will probably hinder our ability to make future moves...but some of us ( not all ) felt that it was a necessary evil.

Geez.....can we just move on?

I will start it for you all.

I know that it sucks that this is the first time in 9+ years that the Pacers haven't made the Playoffs....but how about them Warriors?

I think they have a good chance to beat the Mavs but could possibly lose to a defensive minded team like the Rockets in the 2nd round.

Any thoughts? Discuss.....
    Yell, I think the Mav's bleeding stops tonight. Also, I wouldn't be talking about the Rockets until the series is over. It's not inconceivable that the Mavs take the next three.

Mood

I'm glad that you speak for "everyone" as in "everyone knew that this was a PR move." How in the hell do you know what I and others think?

Now, that I've said that I'm moving on. This silly-a## comment should have never been made.
    You really ought to check yourself if you don't think it was PR move; and I was the one that said that the issue should not continue since you're overreacting to every little thing. By still talking to me in a demeaning manner, you are NOT dropping it and continuing a pointless discussion. Great display of maturity.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

Sports Logo

Yell, I think the Mav's bleeding stops tonight. Also, I wouldn't be talking about the Rockets until the series is over. It's not inconceivable that the Mavs take the next three.
    I agree on the Mavs pulling out a win tonight...simply cuz the Mavs are that good. As to whether they have the testicular fortitude to pull out a win in Oakland in Game 6....I'm not sure. The only way that I can see them somehow pulling off 3 in a row is IF they utterly humiliate the Warriors on the road...and the Warriors somehow lose their "swagger" because of it. But I still think that the Warriors have a decent chance to somehow pull off the win in game 6....as long as BDiddy, SJax and JRich stay focused and don't lose their composure.

I'm pulling for the Rockets to win.....but could see the Jazz stretch this into a 7-game series.

See...that wasn't that hard.....Roferr and I had a discussion about the Warriors without it degenerating into a SJax Love/Hate fest.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    What do you mean "try to get him"?

From the Pacers? From the Hawks? When he was a free agent after being a Spur?
    Yes at any of those times

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Yes at any of those times
    Plus, I'm sure the Spurs were aware the Pacers were begging to take about anything for Jax services.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Plus, I'm sure the Spurs were aware the Pacers were begging to take about anything for Jax services.
    Exactly - they could have offered James White plus a 2009 third round pick and we still might have taken it.

The Spurs didn't want him back and didn't even try to get him.

(Yes, I know there is no third round, guys.)
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    Exactly - they could have offered James White plus a 2009 third round pick and we still might have taken it.

The Spurs didn't want him back and didn't even try to get him.

(Yes, I know there is no third round, guys.)
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws