Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 400 of 1024

Thread: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

  1. #376
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Anyone who doesn't defend Stephen Jackson (or any other knucklehead) is a person who "knows better". How hard is that to understand? Anyone who is willing to forgive Jackson's behavior simply because they think it isn't a big deal or that winning is more important has shown me a whole lot about their opinions. That may be the tip of the iceberg, but I can still tell it is an ICEBERG. While having those opinions doesn't tell me EVERYTHING about someone, I feel confident that it tells me enough.....Maybe it's just me...
    Listen to it again...

    "Heywood is a knucklehead and anyone that agrees with me is one of the people that understands things and knows better than to defend him. Having his opinion doesn't tell me everything about him but I feel confident it tells me enough....maybe it's just me."

    First off, it's a totally empty argument. The proof is that it's your opinion and that should be enough. In philosophy this is a logical fallacy known as an Appeal to Authority, in which case you have made yourself the authority no less.

  2. #377
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Naptown, you're all over the place.

    What does corporate crime have to do with anything? That people in positions of power have additional responsibilities and when they don't behave responsibly they should be held accountable? Just like ... say ... professional athletes?

    You're trying to smear other people and call them hypocrites but instead you end up proving their point.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  3. #378
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I bought a ticket in the nosebleeds for like 80 bucks or so, a long time ago just in case the Warriors made the playoffs, and I sold it to my Warrior fan buddy for 250 bucks.
    Nice friend you are. if I had a friend who purchased a ticket for $80.00 and he turned around and sold it to me for $250.00 - I wouldn't be his friend much longer

  4. #379
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice friend you are. if I had a friend who purchased a ticket for $80.00 and he turned around and sold it to me for $250.00 - I wouldn't be his friend much longer
    I would sell it to my mama for a slice of that bread. All about that dollar bill baby.

    He wanted to go to the game it was either 250 from me or 500 from the ticket scalpers out side Oracle. And everybody that is my friend is very happy that they know me, they would never jeopardize that.

  5. #380

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Is it wrong to want players on the team who don't embarass the franchise? When I wear my Pacer's cap in LA I don't want the logo associated with Stephen Jackson's actions. Am I a hater for that?
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

    "'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

  6. #381
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,316

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Naptown, you're all over the place.

    What does corporate crime have to do with anything? That people in positions of power have additional responsibilities and when they don't behave responsibly they should be held accountable? Just like ... say ... professional athletes?

    You're trying to smear other people and call them hypocrites but instead you end up proving their point.

    Agreed.

    Nap, you having a bad day?
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  7. #382
    Member Roferr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    70
    Posts
    562

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it wrong to want players on the team who don't embarass the franchise? When I wear my Pacer's cap in LA I don't want the logo associated with Stephen Jackson's actions. Am I a hater for that?
    Absolutely not. I want the same thing when I go to Florida and Frisco. Most of the SF residents thing of Oakland as their poor brother so they'll be happy now that Oakland has Jax.
    .

  8. #383
    Seize The Day carpediem024's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    27
    Posts
    431

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Golden State scares me more than PHX.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMltKsoDwe8&NR=1
    press pause on the second slow-mo replay around 0:12 mark

  9. #384
    Huge Member heywoode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Jack was luckier than you when he was 13? I didn't have it all that great myself, but I had it better than that. This kind of "hate the rich" moral pontification really irritates me, it's so narcissitic and self-congratulating. The dude built a school for kids in a poor area of his hometown, did you ever do that?

    I know plenty of average joe's with regular jobs who go out to bars, get drunk and start fights. Sometimes they get in fights over sports discussions even. In fact many stats trend towards more violent behavior among people with less money, people with regular jobs. You just don't read about them because no one cares.


    The guy doesn't control his temper enough. And even with that it's only during sports or when other people start fights with him. NO ACCOUNT of Rio or the Palace have Jackson starting it. Did he finish it the right way? No. But getting physical with people that threaten you physically isn't exactly anti-human nature, especially with men.

    People keep assigning him this long list of non-game emotional outbursts. Which ones are those? Before Rio when was he busted dealing drugs, getting in a bar fight, cheating on his taxes, embezzling city money....

    Luckily regular job people have ever done those things, and certainly no proper, professional people have.


    How many times must I repeat Hilbert's name. He's got the #1 best pair of seats to every Pacers game. He's got enough money to buy Jack 10 times over. How'd he finish up at Conseco and who's his wife again? (6th wife btw)


    Here's one source for that, but it's from the AP feed I believe.
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1282536/posts

    http://indianalawblog.com/archives/2...urts_tomi.html

    Not a freaking peep is said about this by anyone but me. That makes most of the moral outrage bunch extremely hypocritical.



    It's not a pro-Jack thing, it's an anti-"I'm so offended, he's so evil" stance. It's disgusting and disingenuine.

    BTW, if you want morality questions then maybe do a search on LARRY BIRD and his daughter.
    I left this whole rant quoted for a reason....I don't need to go on a crusade to make everyone believe my point of view. Sometimes it seems that is what you like to do. I'm not saying you don't have the right to say or type what you want; you do ABSOLUTELY.

    Let's just say that you miss my points on several occasions, and assume too much from what I posted.

    There are bad and immoral people everywhere, from all walks of life. I was not at all saying that Jackson was luckier than I, or anyone else, at age 13. Notice I said NBA PLAYERS and not 13 year-olds....The lucky part is that they are NOW paid a ton of cash to play a game. Thought that part was pretty clear. Especially when I alluded to the fact that I thought that was the problem; they come from harsh environments and get thrust into opulent living. Sigh.

    If anyone can't understand how I feel about it, it is too nice of a day to sit here and try to explain it further. Maybe I'll attempt it later, maybe I won't....

    Oh, and if I had the money Jackson has, I would be building schools all over the place. I can ABSOLUTELY say that my behavior wouldn't be close to that of Jackson or anyone else who can't control their temper or seem to learn how to live within the law. I'm not condemning people who break the law, but they put THEMSELVES in that situation when they do break the law, so I have no sympathy for them either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Listen to it again...

    "Heywood is a knucklehead and anyone that agrees with me is one of the people that understands things and knows better than to defend him. Having his opinion doesn't tell me everything about him but I feel confident it tells me enough....maybe it's just me."

    First off, it's a totally empty argument. The proof is that it's your opinion and that should be enough. In philosophy this is a logical fallacy known as an Appeal to Authority, in which case you have made yourself the authority no less.

    The problem with this argument is you are now comparing ME to Jackson. I am expressing my opinion. One that happens to be held by many other people. Jackson is a knucklehead because of his actions. My actions (and opinions) are NOWHERE NEAR HIS. When you see my name in the police blotter or when you read about me being ejected from my workplace and fined $50,000 for it, then your argument gets a little closer to reality. Right now it is rubbish.



    RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

  10. #385
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,610

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Greetings All,


    This is just a friendly reminder from your local loving forum admins. that we need to make sure that we ALL (as in everybody) keep the discussion above the belt line. Let's not allow our own feelings to make this thread nose dive into name calling or derogatory posting.

    This is not aimed at any one poster nor has this thread devolved into something that we feel the need to police, however there have been enough posts to peak our curiosity. So be ashured that every admin. is watching this thread closely.

    Contrary to popular belief we do not want to control your thoughts or even your ability to express your opinion. We just want to make sure that this doesn't get personal.

    Keep up the good discussion, I mean hey what else Pacer related do we have to talk about at the moment.

    If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me or any of the other admins. on here.

    Thank you all very much for your consideration

    Love,


    Peck


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  11. #386
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,316

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Thank you all very much for your consideration

    Love,


    Peck
    Closet liberal I see.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  12. #387
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,833

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Naptown, you're all over the place.

    What does corporate crime have to do with anything? That people in positions of power have additional responsibilities and when they don't behave responsibly they should be held accountable? Just like ... say ... professional athletes?

    You're trying to smear other people and call them hypocrites but instead you end up proving their point.
    What additional responsibilities do they have? One of the things I've been attempting to point out is that wealthy people, people in the public eye, or people in powerful positions really haven't any more responsibilities than to be respectful human beings like any one at any other level of society.

    I think, and of course I could be wrong, that Seth's intent, or at least part of it, was to show how many other wealthy or celebrity individuals are also criminals but are not dragged through the mud ad naseum by the general public, a la Jackson.

    My take is that this is true, although there may be reasons for that, such as a pro athlete or an entertainer is more in the commercial mainstream to begin with. Personally, I think people make too big a deal about Jackson. Yes, certain of his exploits go far beyond what I think the limits for reasonable action should be.

    On the other hand, the reality is he and people like him (in the genral sense that they don't conform to some more accepted or predominant social standards) exist, have existed, and will continue to exist forever I suspect. And the fact that somebody likes or supports Jackson does not mean they are necessarily public enemy number one without more in depth knowledge of said individual.

    I don't get either why being rich makes one more responsible, subject to different or higher standards, or supposedly more inherently happy than anyone else. I guess I just don't equate exorbitant wealth with automatic happiness. Again, there are those who may disagree and that is fine.

  13. #388
    Member Mr.ThunderMakeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,094

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    This Jack debate is starting to take some weird turns. The comparisons youre making between Jack and CEO criminals and Jack and the average joe blue-collar work are all pretty far stretches and dont do well to prove your point.

    Lets try to ground it back in reality:

    Jack is a decent SG who plays with a fire and intensity that some of our players are sorely lacking. However Jack also has plenty of negative aspects: specifically his poor decision making on an off the court and his lack of professionalism that hurt his value as a player, compared to other SG's in the league. In the correct situation with the right coach and with the right role on a team, some of his negatives can be mitigated.

    However it was CLEAR that the Indiana Pacers were not the situation for Jack, and it was better late than never that he got traded. Indeed he showed some improvement this year, but the damage had already been done. He simply was not going to work out here. Can we all agree on that?

    I think its time that we stop pretending we had a potential all-star on our team in Jack and if only we would have stopped holding him back, and would have let him play the way he wanted to, the Indiana Pacers would have suddenly been incredibly successful and turned their whole season around, sort of like the Warriors did. That wouldnt have happened, Jack is Jack, hes not some diamond in the rough, what you see is what you get. And the Pacers are the Pacers, and Jack and the Pacers didnt mix.

  14. #389
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    D-BONE,

    Respectfully, I must remind you that people in positions of "celebrity" ARE in fact held to a higher standard.

    John Rocker, the Dixie Chicks, Tom Cruise, the list goes on. If you are in the "public eye," you face steeper consequences for the things you do and say. One slip-up and you're toast.

    I'm not saying that's right or wrong, I'm just saying that's the way it is.

    Applied to this situation, Players of a professional basketball team have the name of a state on their chests. Whether they like it or not, they are a representative of the state and carry the responsibility that goes along with it.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  15. #390
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice friend you are. if I had a friend who purchased a ticket for $80.00 and he turned around and sold it to me for $250.00 - I wouldn't be his friend much longer

    I'm hoping you wouldn't be dumb enough to spend that much money for a nosebleed seat.

  16. #391
    Member Roferr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    70
    Posts
    562

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    D-BONE,

    Respectfully, I must remind you that people in positions of "celebrity" ARE in fact held to a higher standard.

    John Rocker, the Dixie Chicks, Tom Cruise, the list goes on. If you are in the "public eye," you face steeper consequences for the things you do and say. One slip-up and you're toast.

    I'm not saying that's right or wrong, I'm just saying that's the way it is.

    Applied to this situation, Players of a professional basketball team have the name of a state on their chests. Whether they like it or not, they are a representative of the state and carry the responsibility that goes along with it.
    You betcha! Just ask the Iman.
    .

  17. #392
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,316

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    You know I do wonder if they'll let Stephen wear his Warrior jersey while he walking the highways collecting the discarded pop/beer cans and fastfood wrappers.

    I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt until he decided show his maturity with the Frisk dance routine. He doesn't get it........
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  18. #393
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Roferr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You betcha! Just ask the Iman.
    What did she do?

    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  19. #394
    Member circlecitysportsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    579
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    The bottom line is, we lost. Jack is a millionaire, playing in the playoffs. We are stuck being the fans of a team that won't make the playoffs for the next 3-4 years. Jack wins, we lost...lets move on.

  20. #395
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Bill Walton during the SA/Denver game:

    "It's like Stephen Jackson of Golden State. Individual agendas supercede the team goals."

  21. #396
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,392

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bill Walton during the SA/Denver game:

    "It's like Stephen Jackson of Golden State. Individual agendas supercede the team goals."
    Yeah, I heard that ****. He was talking about J.R. Smith, an incredible athlete. Hot-head though. I still like the guy.

  22. #397
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bill Walton during the SA/Denver game:

    "It's like Stephen Jackson of Golden State. Individual agendas supercede the team goals."
    He also called them one of the most exciting teams to watch in the NBA and raved about their play all night, including mentioning a great defensive switch by Jackson to come out on Dirk and get a critical stop.

    You don't want to use the Walton statements from that last game to make the point, he was 90% of the time praising him (and the Warriors). He loved his emotion, he loved his effort, he loved his output.

    Plus Bill is the most inconsistant commentator in the NBA, he'll blast a guy for something he was just praising him for earlier, simply when the results change.

  23. #398
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    The problem with this argument is you are now comparing ME to Jackson. I am expressing my opinion. One that happens to be held by many other people. Jackson is a knucklehead because of his actions. My actions (and opinions) are NOWHERE NEAR HIS. When you see my name in the police blotter or when you read about me being ejected from my workplace and fined $50,000 for it, then your argument gets a little closer to reality. Right now it is rubbish.
    But see what my response got from you? You switched from "he's bad cause I say so and people that defend him are bad cause I say so" TO "he's bad cause of the police record". That at least is tangible and therefore debateable.

    To that I say 1) Brawl - probation, 2) Rio, 3) Rio occurring within the final week of his probation.

    It's not nothing, but it's not a long list just yet. Both Rio and probation issues are unresolved still. So that addresses your "he's bad because of his rap sheet".

    JO had DOUBLE the counts against him from the brawl, did that make him twice as bad as Jack at that point? Honestly I recall plenty of other fans besides me defending the Pacers in general that night.

    I used to be more on Jack because of his pre-stands activity, but it was pointed out to me at the PD party that one of the Pistons in fact did shove him or something and that's when he turned around and looked ready to fight. This is not me saying this, you'd have to get Peck, Keg, Mal or someone to refresh that story, based on what people at the party said they saw on the tape.

    So you've got a guy throwing A punch at a drunk who was coming at Ron in a very aggressive manner more than a guy looking to start something. I mean in terms of citizenship that's a LONG way from the dark side of humanity.

    If he started it at Rio, if they jumped a defenseless cripple (doesn't sound like it went that way, ie it was mutual), if he shot AT the car...then you have something to be offended about.



    As for bringing up a CEO criminals, my point is that NO ONE raves about the very public and much more influential on Indy life (due to loss of jobs and money for the city) Hilbert, his apparent illegal use of corporate funds, his stripper wife and use of that questionable money to continue to attend Pacers games.

    You sit next to the guy comfortably and then point fingers at the guy on the court as if THAT is completely unacceptable. HE was at a strip club! So what, so was the dude sitting next to you. So was the icon of Pacers basketball. This has been debated to death. Reggie has as many strip club and bar brawl incidents in his career as Jack. Barkley wasn't at Rio to throw Dino and Fingers through a window, that's about the difference.

    I only ask that you hold standards that are balanced with what truly impacts your life. In the realm of criminal behavior that affected or offended your way of life, Jack's Rio thing is miniscule. But people blew it to "OMG, I cannot stomach his presence, he's an affront to god". Can't we just have a reality check on this?

    His sin was not playing good enough basketball. Fans were already questioning him long before Rio, his first non-basketball incident. That tells me it had everything to do with on-court results and that the Rio thing just made a comfortable blanket to wrap the hate up in.

    It's the same reason everyone dismissed Rhode's actions, and while he isn't a Colt now his actions were in Indianapolis and were illegal. But SB hero gets a pass. If he fumbled away the game at the last second his DUI would have outraged the entire city. That's hypocritical IMO. That's why it bugs me with Jack.

    He's not lovable, but he's also not hateable either as far as I can tell. He's frustrating, and that's only because so often he is a good player and seems likeable and then loses his cool and acts like a baby or gets all defensive. Then he has to sheepishly apologize the next day, like he did after he went off in the locker room 2-3 seasons ago against JO. Next day "I'm sorry, I was wrong."

  24. #399
    Member Roferr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    70
    Posts
    562

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What did she do?

    Imus was known as the "Iman" on his show.
    .

  25. #400
    Huge Member heywoode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: The Official Golden State/Stephen Jackson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But see what my response got from you? You switched from "he's bad cause I say so and people that defend him are bad cause I say so" TO "he's bad cause of the police record". That at least is tangible and therefore debateable.

    To that I say 1) Brawl - probation, 2) Rio, 3) Rio occurring within the final week of his probation.

    It's not nothing, but it's not a long list just yet. Both Rio and probation issues are unresolved still. So that addresses your "he's bad because of his rap sheet".

    JO had DOUBLE the counts against him from the brawl, did that make him twice as bad as Jack at that point? Honestly I recall plenty of other fans besides me defending the Pacers in general that night.

    I used to be more on Jack because of his pre-stands activity, but it was pointed out to me at the PD party that one of the Pistons in fact did shove him or something and that's when he turned around and looked ready to fight. This is not me saying this, you'd have to get Peck, Keg, Mal or someone to refresh that story, based on what people at the party said they saw on the tape.

    So you've got a guy throwing A punch at a drunk who was coming at Ron in a very aggressive manner more than a guy looking to start something. I mean in terms of citizenship that's a LONG way from the dark side of humanity.

    If he started it at Rio, if they jumped a defenseless cripple (doesn't sound like it went that way, ie it was mutual), if he shot AT the car...then you have something to be offended about.



    As for bringing up a CEO criminals, my point is that NO ONE raves about the very public and much more influential on Indy life (due to loss of jobs and money for the city) Hilbert, his apparent illegal use of corporate funds, his stripper wife and use of that questionable money to continue to attend Pacers games.

    You sit next to the guy comfortably and then point fingers at the guy on the court as if THAT is completely unacceptable. HE was at a strip club! So what, so was the dude sitting next to you. So was the icon of Pacers basketball. This has been debated to death. Reggie has as many strip club and bar brawl incidents in his career as Jack. Barkley wasn't at Rio to throw Dino and Fingers through a window, that's about the difference.

    I only ask that you hold standards that are balanced with what truly impacts your life. In the realm of criminal behavior that affected or offended your way of life, Jack's Rio thing is miniscule. But people blew it to "OMG, I cannot stomach his presence, he's an affront to god". Can't we just have a reality check on this?

    His sin was not playing good enough basketball. Fans were already questioning him long before Rio, his first non-basketball incident. That tells me it had everything to do with on-court results and that the Rio thing just made a comfortable blanket to wrap the hate up in.

    It's the same reason everyone dismissed Rhode's actions, and while he isn't a Colt now his actions were in Indianapolis and were illegal. But SB hero gets a pass. If he fumbled away the game at the last second his DUI would have outraged the entire city. That's hypocritical IMO. That's why it bugs me with Jack.

    He's not lovable, but he's also not hateable either as far as I can tell. He's frustrating, and that's only because so often he is a good player and seems likeable and then loses his cool and acts like a baby or gets all defensive. Then he has to sheepishly apologize the next day, like he did after he went off in the locker room 2-3 seasons ago against JO. Next day "I'm sorry, I was wrong."
    I quoted the whole rant again simply because it is getting comical the lengths you are going to prove that you are right and I'm not.

    The bolded part (the part that I bolded)...yet again, you miss the point.....I ALWAYS was saying he was a knucklehead because of his behavior. I could care less in the real world about how he plays. There are plenty of marginal players that were fan favorites because they were PROFESSIONALS.

    You assumed I was only trying to assert my own opinion as the end all-beat all because I stated the obvious. This particular time, it is OBVIOUS that my opinion is the correct one. He is a knucklehead. Other people aside from me know this. We are the "others" I spoke of who "know better". I'm not right because I happen to have an opinion. It is just so obvious that I'm right, that I was pointing out that people who don't apparently "know better" only diminish my opinion of them by continually defending an obvious knucklehead to no end. It doesn't take spewing philosophical axioms to be able to see this or explain this away. Take that one step further to see how insignificant this little argument is by me stating another obvious point: Why should the people I speak of care what I think of them? If they can rationalize Jackson's behavior away, they can certainly rationalize away my being correct...Hmmmmm.....

    Yet again, you drone on and on, rationalizing away the actual depth of what he has done, and continues to do. 'He was saving Artest; JO had twice the charges, he might have started the Rio incident, he might have shot at the car'....You give shining examples of what I'm talking about. I don't live in Indy. I live in a small town, and if someone I knew of had Jackson's track record, he would ALSO be a knucklehead. I wouldn't want the guy coaching my son's teeball team; I wouldn't want to be semi-friendly with him; I CERTAINLY wouldn't defend his actions.

    The CEO stuff you keep ranting about makes me wonder when I ever defended this Hilbert guy...I have no idea who he is, I've never heard the stories you quote and talk about. From what you are saying, he sounds like a knucklehead as well. Fine. You found a knucklehead CEO in America. UNBELIEVABLE! I hold him to the same standards as Jackson. I am vilifying him also, if it makes you feel better.

    My point with the CEO analogy was apparently too hard to catch as well. (Sigh) This is getting cumbersome continually having to break my posts down into more understandable terms....I think it is acceptable to assume that FOR THE MOST PART (but certainly not EVERY time), people who happen to have the money to live a more opulent lifestyle than the average person (ME being one of those average persons) can be expected to act in a more civilized manner. You will probably not find too many gun-toting, brawling, trash talking hot heads at a place that charges a couple hundred dollars a plate for food. Notice I said PROBABLY...There is always that chance that Jackson or some other knucklehead had reservations there.....

    I'm not on some moral crusade, and CERTAINLY not because Jackson's "sin" was not playing good enough basketball. I guess I lead a life that is sheltered enough that I don't want/need to waste my time on people who continually show how little control over themselves they have. I seem to be pretty good at ducking them. Nobody I know has had an incident resembling any of Jackson's "negatively impacting" incidents in twenty years or more. I suppose it is safe to say that I don't like them on my favorite NBA team either....

    Now, FOR THE LAST TIME.....

    STEPHEN JACKSON IS A KNUCKLEHEAD AND PEOPLE WHO DISMISS HIS ACTIONS AS NOT THAT BAD, OR DISMISS HIS ACTIONS BECAUSE HE IS "EXCITING" OR IN THE INTEREST OF WINNING BASKETBALL GAMES LUMP THEMSELVES RIGHT THERE WITH HIM......IN MY OPINION, AND APPARENTLY MANY OTHERS' OPINIONS........

    Is that clear enough????




    RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •