Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So how does this impact Tinsley (and others)

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default So how does this impact Tinsley (and others)

I've long wondered how JT would fare under a different coach. One that trusted him with the reigns. Would he revert to the old JT but with more experience and confidence or would he revert to the Wallace challengeing knucklehead.

I don't know...for my money tho, I'm betting he's still the knucklehead but think this move may buy him at least a 1/2 season if not more to prove himself.

Your thoughts?????
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default Re: So how does this impact Tinsley (and others)

Well, I don't trust Tinsley with the reigns, so why should the new coach?
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

I've given up on Jamaal personally. I would prefer we just part ways.

But who knows, if he's still on the team then hopefully he can return to old form under a new coach.

I wouldnt mind giving him time with the new coach, but it really doesnt matter to me because I want a PG that can shoot.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd like to keep Jamaal if we can't get any value for him. I also don't want to have to take less for JO by also unloading Jamaal on the team.

However, we definitley need a better backup plan then we did last season in case Jamaal is still bad Jamaal.

My trips to Conseco will be few and far between as long as Tinsley remains anything but a benchwarmer.

He needs to be gone.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Banned

I'm sort of with Jermaniac on this one. I think Jamaal would improve under a new coach if for no other reason than just having a fresh start.

However, this is our chance to clean house. This is the time to get guys out of here who have been stuck in the mud the last 3 years. So I hope we move Jamaal and Jermaine and maybe even Quis, not because I think they are awful or unworthy, but just because I'm convinced its the most opportune time to do so.

After we move those guys we can really ride the wave of a total culture change in the locker room produced by the leadership vacuum.

90% of the NBA coaches would have benched Tinsley long before now. Very few would have put up with his act. Contrary to what most Pacers fans think, Rick put up with JT better than almost any other coach would have.

Tinsley needs to go at all costs. Whatever it takes to get rid of him. I've never wanted to get rid of a player so badly.

Cobol Sam, how in the world is this the most opportune time to move Quis? That makes no sense. Teams wouldn't even give up a chocolate chip for a guy who just sat out half the season and got in to legal problems.

I think Quis is going to be one of the most important peices if this team is going to find any success next season. He's a guy that we HAVE to have stay healthy and have a breakout season. I have no doubt that he's capable, I just worry about the healthy part.

I certainly don't expect anyone else to feel this way...but I don't want to see Tinsley under any coach...unless it's the opposing team's...and even then I'm not too sure.

Moving Tinsley should be the #1 priority right now. There is nothing else more important at this point...at least in my book. If he is not gone by next season, I may just pull the plug on following the team. There is no Pacer player I have watched in 20 years that I could say that about. I cannot stand to watch him.

For those who watched Mark Jackson operate during the 90's, I cannot imagine you being happy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cobol Sam, how in the world is this the most opportune time to move Quis? That makes no sense. Teams wouldn't even give up a chocolate chip for a guy who just sat out half the season and got in to legal problems.

I think Quis is going to be one of the most important peices if this team is going to find any success next season. He's a guy that we HAVE to have stay healthy and have a breakout season. I have no doubt that he's capable, I just worry about the healthy part.
    Yeah thats a good point, I was just throwing him in because there was some indication that upon his arrival he joined with the the club scene subgroup. If there was an opportunity to move him, I'd say this off season would be the opportune time to do that.

Sports Logo

That's what I had brought up in the other thread.....would Tinsley and/or JONeal play differently under a different coach?

I tend to agree with most of you....but have changed my opinion from "Tinsley MUST GO" to "Tinsley SHOULD GO". Before Carlisle was kicked out....I would have packaged him with Granger or JONeal to see him gone.

But now....with a different coach...I have backed off on this and decided that IF we are able to move Tinsley without packaging him with Granger, JONeal, Ike or Shawne....then I will be okay with letting him....but if it costs us anybody more then Foster.....then I would be okay with keeping him...for at least 1/2 a season to see if Tinsley will respond differently under a different coach.

Many of us have always thought that Tinsley would do better with a fresh start under a different coach and Organization. If we are changing coaches here AND it would cost us an "arm or a leg" ( aka any of our core players ) to move him....then I don't see the difference in keeping him.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Tinsley needs to go at all costs. Whatever it takes to get rid of him. I've never wanted to get rid of a player so badly.
    Even if it meant packaging him with Granger, JONeal, Ike or Shawne?

Cuz that's what we are likely looking at in order to move him....

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I was one that said I wouldn't go to any more Pacer games as long as Jackson and Tinsley were the face of the franchise. I used to go to about 15-20 games per year and this past year I attended none. I hope to start going back to Conseco after this summer, but I'm not going to pay to watch Tinsley run a team. I would much rather see a bunch of young guys that are finding their way and losing more than winning, than watch the Pacers go through another season of Tinman.

Honestly though, I think it's inconceivable that they could bring him back even with a new coach. Carlisle didn't really do anything to reign him in. I think that a new coach is likely to have a strong desire to move Tinsley.

I guess this is a bit off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Moving Tinsley should be the #1 priority right now. There is nothing else more important at this point...at least in my book. If he is not gone by next season, I may just pull the plug on following the team. There is no Pacer player I have watched in 20 years that I could say that about. I cannot stand to watch him.
    That's silly, what if Jamaal actually did flourish under a new coach and became the player we all thought he would be during and after his rookie season.

The only reason I would be ok with not moving Tinsley is because I don't just want to throw him away. I didn't want to do that with Jack either, we did it and look where it got us.

Of course, it all really depends on who we get to coach us.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    90% of the NBA coaches would have benched Tinsley long before now. Very few would have put up with his act. Contrary to what most Pacers fans think, Rick put up with JT better than almost any other coach would have.

I agree with everything here, except I would not frame the way Rick "put up" with JT in a positive light at all. He should have put JT down. Down on the bench, that is.

Sports Logo

That's silly, what if Jamaal actually did flourish under a new coach and became the player we all thought he would be during and after his rookie season.

The only reason I would be ok with not moving Tinsley is because I don't just want to throw him away. I didn't want to do that with Jack either, we did it and look where it got us.

I don't have any problem "throwing him away"...I only have a problem with what we are going to have to give up to "throw him away". If its nothing more then Foster...or even taking back a comprable bad contract that does nothing for us....then I am cool with it. If its more then Foster...as in one of the players that you don't want to move.....then are you okay with moving Tinsley?

Like Jack, he will either stay or be thrown away for nothing. You are right on that point. However, I truly believe he is overrated. He cannot defend. He cannot shoot. Those things are not going to change and are major deficiencies in his game. Some are mesmerized by his dribbling and one-on-one game. I see it as hurting ball movement, the development of other players and the team as a whole. His leadership is non-existent and his playmaking is very much overrated.

All of that combined with the fact I want to close the chapter on the JO era - a very sad chapter - makes me want to move JT asap. I am ready to clean the slate completely, including the Bird nest.

Again, JMO.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

How many of us have ever had a boss that demotivated us and our performance at work suffered?

I'm all for giving him another chance with a new coach.

And if six months later we see the same problem, trade him. It ain't complicated.

Unlike some of our other previous problem children, he hasn't always been a problem.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

The Future Is Bright JB's Breakout Year's Avatar

JT will be moved this summer. Bird ain't fooling around with the off-the-court legal stuff anymore.

I think a new coach equals a new Tinsley. I think it aslo equals a new everybody else too. Carlisle forced players to play...well forced. A numbers of players in the Carlisle era have been played out of position and haven't been able to capitalize on the skills that got them to the NBA in the first place. I hope they bring in someone who can open the floodgates.

Quote Originally Posted by JB's Breakout Year View Post
    JT will be moved this summer. Bird ain't fooling around with the off-the-court legal stuff anymore.

Does that mean Daniels will be moved as well...

I think Larry is more understanding than most fans around here.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    How many of us have ever had a boss that demotivated us and our performance at work suffered?

I'm all for giving him another chance with a new coach.

And if six months later we see the same problem, trade him. It ain't complicated.

Unlike some of our other previous problem children, he hasn't always been a problem.
    If TPTB want their milk drinkers.....then Tinsley's offcourt activities doesn't really classify him as an "angel" in their eyes.

But I agree with you...I don't mind seeing him gone....but now that we have a clean slate with a new coach....I am not in a hurry to move him....unless the cost to move him isn't too much.

Hope springs eternal.

But what are we expecting of this new coach?

To teach Jamaal to shoot?

To teach Jamaal how to defend on the ball?

We need something better. I'd prefer he be traded. But, if he can't, I can live with Jamaal as a backup, if he can live with Jamaal as a backup.

The Future Is Bright JB's Breakout Year's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot View Post
    Does that mean Daniels will be moved as well... SEE

I think Larry is more understanding than most fans around here.
    Good question. Maybe he hedges on Daniels if he isn't "as" guilty as Tinsley (of course if he convicted of the charges ).