Thread: OTL talking Pacers

Default OTL talking Pacers

Turn to ESPN

Default Re: OTL talking Pacers

They sent discuss the brawl AGAIN, and our players off-court behaviors.

Discussed how the organization and the fans know that Carlisle is a good coach, but there were so many injuries and off-court problems that the team had to go in a new direction.

Also talked about how hard it will be to rebuild/retool, saying that the Pacers will have to go young b/c Dunleavy and Murph have unmovable contracts, and the only trade piece is JO, and teams will be interested.

They also believe Carlisle will be coaching again real soon

SO basically, nothing new!

I hope they put the interview up on Pacers.com later so someone can tell me if they thought Bird was getting ready to cry as well

Sports Logo

If they could trade Murphyleavy to someone with cap room for a future 2nd round pick I would be THRILLED. Hey Atlanta took Anthony Johnson for that deal maybe they would be stupid enough to give us a 1st rounder for them.

I doubt we could get rid of one let alone both!

I actually want to hold on to Dunleavy, to see what he can do with a full camp and new coach under his belt. I may be setting myself up for the GSW treatment, but I wanna keep Dun Dun around a little bit.

Murph I could careless about. His defense is terrible beyond terrible! And he doesn't rebound or shoot well enough to offset that

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Murph I could careless about. His defense is terrible beyond terrible! And he doesn't rebound or shoot well enough to offset that
    Well, Dunleavy's defense is almost as bad, and he rebounds and shoots much worse then Murphy.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, Dunleavy's defense is almost as bad, and he rebounds and shoots much worse then Murphy.
    Dunleavy defense is bad, but I don't think it's as bad as Murphs.

I also think Dunleavy plays better help defense by getting in positions and taking charges and stripping the ball.

Dunleavy also rebounds, handles and passes well for his position, while Murph position is a main rebounding position.

Neither shoot the best, but I thought Dunleavy was more consistent (at least inside the arc) then Murph was.

Murphy was a good rebounder but with the stupid defence the pacers ran he was always stepping out and away from rebounding position. He is not as quick as foster and that was the coaches job to make it so he was in better position to do the job