Page 81 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2247

Thread: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

Default Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think we could trade all of our players for their players? lol The Jazz looks like what the pacers are suppose to look like. Good defenders, decent shooters. NO RUN and GUN. I love their style. Can't wait to see the Jazz Spurs Series.
    I agree, the Jazz are very impressive. Boozer is awesome. Fish is iceman and Williams has a big upside. AK-47 ain't to shabby either. ...Oh, and Okur can drain the threes...

The Warriors - man, live by the three, die by it BIG time tonight. When the chips were down, they chucked up at least 5 threes there at the end, when they really needed a two and a chance for a foul.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by NorCal_Pacerfan View Post
    I agree, the Jazz are very impressive. Boozer is awesome. Fish is iceman and Williams has a big upside. AK-47 ain't to shabby either.

The Warriors - man, live by the three, die by it BIG time tonight. When the chips were down, they chucked up at least 5 threes there at the end, when they really needed a two and a chance for a foul.
    Also....you knew the end was beginning after that SJax questionable Flagrant foul and techincal.

I'm not blaming SJax for the loss....but that sequence was the beginning of the "unravelling" of the Warriors....for him and for the rest of the team. They went 5-12 for the rest of the game while scoring 14 points.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby31 View Post
    Another run and gun team out of the playoffs. Sun's you are next, take a hint NBA owners.
    If the Suns get bounced in this series it will only be because the NBA made it so. This sets a horrible precedent. Perhaps one of the worst I've seen. It says hey send your thug after the best player on the opposing good chance you will rile someone better than the schmuck you'll be losing enough to get them suspended for a game. Especially if all it takes is for them to step off the bench. Also Duncan stepped farther onto the actual court than either Amare or Diaw and got zilch this is BS to the highest degree.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    If the Suns get bounced in this series it will only be because the NBA made it so. This sets a horrible precedent. Perhaps one of the worst I've seen. It says hey send your thug after the best player on the opposing good chance you will rile someone better than the schmuck you'll be losing enough to get them suspended for a game. Especially if all it takes is for them to step off the bench. Also Duncan stepped farther onto the actual court than either Amare or Diaw and got zilch this is BS to the highest degree.
    QFET

I do not undertsand why you guys think Jazz got better of that terrible officaiting? It was horrible on both sides, first half GSW got all the calls, in 4th quarter Jazz got their share. It is not refs who were shooting 6 from 30 from downtown tonight. Better team won - prety simple I must say.
    Honestly, if GSW would have played with a bit of control and not jacking those threes in transition so often - Jazz would be in trouble ( we played pretty bad today except AK, Millsap and Fisher. Deron and Memo were just useless tonight ). But they can thank Warriors and go prepare for Suns/Spurs.

4-1 Utah. Stick a fork in GS. This series has been particularly interesting due to the contrast in styles. One that is inherently flawed, the other is tried and true. It is nice to see reality play out here.

The Jazz brought the winning strategy to the table once again. Stronger, bigger players with a strategy will almost always beat great athletes playing the fast break 3-pt playground ball. I do not believe the NBA has changed nearly as much as some.

BTW, I am no RC fan but his style is more akin to Utah's than GS's. If the players had been less selfish and willing to play for him, things could have been very different.

Garbage.

First of all Horry is not a thug, and he is a very important to the Spurs - he almost always is on the court in the fourth quarter of playoff games. Plus all Amare and Diaw had to do is stay on the bench - it isn't that hard to do.

The difference with Duncan is when he stepped onto the court there wasn't an altercation.

Last, the Suns are a significantly better ratings draw than the Spurs, so what reason could the NBA have for "wanting the Spurs to win. The NBA would have loved a Warriors vs Suns WCF.

OK, here are the cable playoff ratings. Contrary to what many think the Warriors vs Jazz is a better ratings draw than the Suns vs Spurs. Although there was only 1 games last week of that series on cable.
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...ens-charts.htm

Cable: Top 15
    Rank Show name Network Viewers in millions

1. The Sopranos HBO 6.5

2. WWE Raw (Mon, 10 p.m.) USA 5.3

3. WWE Raw (Mon, 9 p.m.) USA 4.9

4. Jazz vs. Warriors TNT 4.6 - game 4 - Sunday night

5. Warriors vs. Jazz TNT 4.3 - game 2 - Wednesday

6. Spurs vs. Suns TNT 3.9 - game 2 - Tuesday

7. Finding Nemo Disney 3.8

8. Warriors vs. Jazz. TNT 3.7

9. Entourage HBO 3.1

10. Deadliest Catch Discovery 3.0

* Jazz vs. Warriors TNT 3.0

Bulls vs. Pistons TNT 3.0

13. Pistons vs. Bulls TNT 2.9

* Stuart Little 2 Disney 2.9

15. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King TBS 2.8

* The Emperor's Shorts Disney 2.8

* Hannah Montana Disney 2.8

* Nets vs. Cavaliers TNT 2.8

Warriors were the only California team left.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Garbage.

First of all Horry is not a thug, and he is a very important to the Spurs - he almost always is on the court in the fourth quarter of playoff games. Plus all Amare and Diaw had to do is stay on the bench - it isn't that hard to do.

The difference with Duncan is when he stepped onto the court there wasn't an altercation.

Last, the Suns are a significantly better ratings draw than the Spurs, so what reason could the NBA have for "wanting the Spurs to win. The NBA would have loved a Warriors vs Suns WCF.
    I never called Horry a thug, I was merely stating that is my opinion that the message this sends to people across the NBA is that you could send your big goof on the bench to do some dirty work.

As far as the Duncan thing, the big argument for suspending Amare has been, "A rule has to be enforced at all times." So why doesn't that apply to Duncan altercation or not? He stepped onto the court during play about 4 feet out onto it. I am pretty sure that violates the rule.

I'm not saying there is a conspiracy at all. I am just saying this is merely another dumb decision it was become a pattern of dumb decisions by Stern and Stu. I am of the opinion that if ESPN hadn't jumped all over this like a 5 year old going after some candy that the NBA would have let it go without an eye blink.

As far as the Duncan thing, the big argument for suspending Amare has been, "A rule has to be enforced at all times." So why doesn't that apply to Duncan altercation or not? He stepped onto the court during play about 4 feet out onto it. I am pretty sure that violates the rule.

I'm not saying there is a conspiracy at all. I am just saying this is merely another dumb decision it was become a pattern of dumb decisions by Stern and Stu. I am of the opinion that if ESPN hadn't jumped all over this like a 5 year old going after some candy that the NBA would have let it go without an eye blink.

No, the rule clearly states "during an altercation".

If they didn't do it only during an altercation -there would be players suspended almost every game. A player steps onto the court during a dead ball to talk to a teammate - suspension. A player ives for a loose ball and falls into a teams bench and players attempt to get out of the way "onto the court - suspension.

The idea behind the rule is to keep the court as clear as possible during an altercation and as someone who grew up watching the NBA in the 80's and first half of the 90's - the way it used to be was whenever there was a fight of any kind - bench would clear and instead of 1 fight there would be 3 or 4.

This rule (or as Barkley calls it "rue") has been a great beneift to the NBA and it has significantly cut down on the fighting

Banned

Garbage.

PtsRebAst

Important?

Come on Buck, at least do some research before makeing such statements.
    and he is a very important to the Spurs - he almost always is on the court in the fourth quarter of playoff games.

Jazz deservedly wins series, although the Warriors put up a valiant fight.

IMO, the only difference between their play between the two teams is their three point shooting. Had they been as hot against the Mavs, they would have stretched this series. Conversely, had they been as cool from the 3's against the Jazz, the Mavs would have won the series. It all goes back, to win and die by the three.

The Warriors are only one or two pieces from being one of the West elites.

No, the rule clearly states "during an altercation".

If they didn't do it only during an altercation -there would be players suspended almost every game. A player steps onto the court during a dead ball to talk to a teammate - suspension. A player ives for a loose ball and falls into a teams bench and players attempt to get out of the way "onto the court - suspension.

The idea behind the rule is to keep the court as clear as possible during an altercation and as someone who grew up watching the NBA in the 80's and first half of the 90's - the way it used to be was whenever there was a fight of any kind - bench would clear and instead of 1 fight there would be 3 or 4.

This rule (or as Barkley calls it "rue") has been a great beneift to the NBA and it has significantly cut down on the fighting
    Then I ask you this what defines an altercation? It's nearly as bendable a term as intent. Is an altercation two players talking to each other after a foul that involved the two of them? Is it a legitamate fight?

The rule has at times been fine. This time it is going to quite possibly ruin an otherwise fantastic series. Why not enforce the rule at the start of the regular season? That makes more sense to me than this lunacy. If the Spurs win game 5 and go on to win the series, its a cheapened victory and thus the NBA championship this year will probably be cheapened.

As far as Horry being important to the Spurs, I am going to have respectfully disagree. I doubt they miss him that much. The Suns however have lost 2 of the 4 frontcourt players they play on a consistant basis. Who is going to give Thomas or Marion a rest? James Jones?

Quote Originally Posted by Roferr View Post
    Jazz deservedly wins series, although the Warriors put up a valiant fight.

IMO, the only difference between their play between the two teams is their three point shooting. Had they been as hot against the Mavs, they would have stretched this series. Conversely, had they been as cool from the 3's against the Jazz, the Mavs would have won the series. It all goes back, to win and die by the three.

The Warriors are only one or two pieces from being one of the West elites.
    They need a guy who specializes in rebounding. Really Foster would probably work quite well on that team.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Also...I'm really impressed by Paul Milsap......that guy's a bulldozer.
    I keep hoping that with the right coach, Ike becomes our Milsap and Murphy becomes Okur-lite. Maybe JO even becomes a bigger Boozer. Just find us a Deron Williams equivlent and things get interesting.

But Jerry Sloan probably isn't available.

I wish one of his assistants were, assuming things have rubbed off. They are growing on me in a supurb execution/aggressive rebounding/smart shooting/tough defending sort of way. I had figured that I would be enamored with the run-and-gun teams this postseason, but Utah has won my support.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    4-1 Utah. Stick a fork in GS. This series has been particularly interesting due to the contrast in styles. One that is inherently flawed, the other is tried and true. It is nice to see reality play out here.

The Jazz brought the winning strategy to the table once again. Stronger, bigger players with a strategy will almost always beat great athletes playing the fast break 3-pt playground ball. I do not believe the NBA has changed nearly as much as some.

BTW, I am no RC fan but his style is more akin to Utah's than GS's. If the players had been less selfish and willing to play for him, things could have been very different.
    Rick coached nearly three completely different teams in his time here, and the fault lies on all of those players being "selfish?"

Garbage.

Amare & Diaw >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Horry

No, Horry isn't a "thug"...he only takes cheap shots at people he thinks he can actually handle (Nash, Croshere).

Obviously I'd rather Amare and Boris on the court but I'd rather Horry in the final two minutes than Dirk. He's a winner and clutch. Those are always important things to have on the court.

The whole situation is just how it goes. There's no conspiracy. Do people really think that the league wants the Spurs to win over the Suns? That's just goofy. The Suns are more popular, have bigger stars, and are more exciting.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    Rick coached nearly three completely different teams in his time here, and the fault lies on all of those players being "selfish?"
    I am not even a RC fan, but it's flat out obvious he took the bullet and was the least deserving to take it.

Early on in RC's tenure, the team did not have as many idiots...and (pre-brawl) the idiots they had were not acting as badly. As a result, the team wins 61 games. There was no fault at all there.

Slowly but surely, we acquired the wrong players and at the same time RC began to lose control of the players who were not mature enough to act professionally. The fact RC was "losing the players" had much more to do with the players and their immaturity and selfishness than anything at all to do with RC or his system which had proven to be highly successful both in Detroit and Indy.

So, the fault lies not with RC but at the feet of management (Bird, Walsh and the Simons) and their poor personnel decisions and at the feet of a few highly paid, undisciplined, immature and selfish players like Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson.

Remember the quote; "We don't want any milk drinkers around here?" That is the root cause right there. It's not that you need milk drinkers only, its the mentality of not considering character when acquiring players. Bird et. al. got what they were asking for.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

I miss Pacers Playoff Basketball

I am not even a RC fan, but it's flat out obvious he took the bullet and was the least deserving to take it.

Least deserving? I don't know about that. Most deserving? I don't know about that. However I do know that we had two straight seasons of .500 ball and then a season of severely under .500 ball. Coach has to take a lot of the blame. Rick had 4 years thats a lot more than a lot of other coaches have been given.

The Cavs crowd is pathetic. This whole series has been pathetic really.

NJ is absolutely raping the Cavs, in Cleveland.

Looks like there'll be a Game 6.

Early on in RC's tenure, the team did not have as many idiots...and (pre-brawl) the idiots they had were not acting as badly. As a result, the team wins 61 games. There was no fault at all there.

Slowly but surely, we acquired the wrong players and at the same time RC began to lose control of the players who were not mature enough to act professionally. The fact RC was "losing the players" had much more to do with the players and their immaturity and selfishness than anything at all to do with RC or his system which had proven to be highly successful both in Detroit and Indy.

So, the fault lies not with RC but at the feet of management (Bird, Walsh and the Simons) and their poor personnel decisions and at the feet of a few highly paid, undisciplined, immature and selfish players like Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson.

Remember the quote; "We don't want any milk drinkers around here?" That is the root cause right there. It's not that you need milk drinkers only, its the mentality of not considering character when acquiring players. Bird et. al. got what they were asking for.
    Are you serious? We had RON ARTEST and STEPHEN JACKSON, and they were nearly as insane then as they are now.

What does it say about Rick that we got rid of those headcases, only to have him coach them to one of the worst records ever?

Both Rick AND TPTB are to blame for this mess.