Page 74 of 90 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 2247

Thread: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

Banned

Default Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's pretty easy to say that after a game (and a series like this). If someone like me can admit he's had a tough stretch recently, why do you feel it's necessary to pile on with your usual inflammatory statements? Do you enjoy irritating people?

Oh now, how about the many times did you irritate people with your Dun bashing? Selective memory? One thing for sure Seth is right, Jack is the same Jack that played for the Pacers, averager at best .

Banned

One question did GS play this thug ball before Jackson got there? Just curious, because I didn't pay a lot of attention to GS prior to the trade.

These refs have been killing him the entire playoffs. It's now bordering the line of unfair competition at this point.
    What are you talking about? Davis got away with murder against Dallas and most of this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    LMFAO @ Okur getting up like he gonna do something
    Okur is smart enough not to do something to get suspended for a game. Two wrongs don't make a right. If it was the last game of the series, Okur probably would have done something and not worried about a suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    If you don't wanna end up on the canvas you shouldn't be trying showboat dunk up 10 with 30 seconds to play.
    There's never an excuse for a dirty foul like that. Sugar-coating won't work.

Thumbs down Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NorCal_Pacerfan View Post
    I like BD, but that foul on DF looked intential to me. I hate that kinda BS, really ticks me off. If it was intentional, then BD just dropped a notch in my book.

As for GS, live by the 3, die by it. Reminded me of some Pacer action from last year. Just too many threes when a two would do the trick.

Jax - did some classic Jax moves tonight.
    I'm surprised that hit wasn't ALL over the media. I though it was huge. BD gave DF a HEAD SHOT of all things, but got away with it because he was shielded by another player. Even Baron was a little shocked by hard he hit DF. Look at the way he hesitates, then scurries from the scene.

If you re-watch the game, Baron and Fisher had some words where Derek tells him "bullsh...".

And how about that sheepish pat on Derek's stomach a little later in the game. He wouldn't even make eye contact with him. I though that was a viscious, obvious hit and if it had happened in the open court, with everyone having a full view, i don't think Baron would be playing in the next game.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Mood

I can't believe some of you choose to side with a cheap-shot flagrant-2 fouler over a guy going up for a dunk. Who cares what the score is when you have a wide-open lane to the hoop? When there's more than 24 seconds left in the game YOU TRY TO SCORE THE BALL.

Quote Originally Posted by Roferr View Post
    There's never an excuse for a dirty foul like that. Sugar-coating won't work.
    You can't try to embarass someone in their own gym like Okur did. Not in the playoffs. Dude went to the rack HARD. JRich went up, misses the ball and grabbed the arm. Yeah, it was a little excessive and the way Okur falls makes it really look bad. But again, a dude that unathletic should not tryna be penetrating hard to the hole for a thunder dunk in Oakland against a team like GState in a blowout win. Okur's only play there is to dribble the clock down and throw up a jumper. There's unwritten rules against that kind of nonsense he was pulling.

Yeah, the foul was harder than necessary, and he should of gotten tossed, but this League is getting really soft if some 7 footer hitting the deck causes outrage.

I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    I can't believe some of you choose to side with a cheap-shot flagrant-2 fouler over a guy going up for a dunk. Who cares what the score is when you have a wide-open lane to the hoop? When there's more than 24 seconds left in the game YOU TRY TO SCORE THE BALL.
    Especially when the shot clock is out. These guys are just hard-wired to look at the hoop with 4 seconds left on the shot clock no matter what the score is.
    Narf!

You can't try to embarass someone in their own gym like Okur did. Not in the playoffs. Dude went to the rack HARD. JRich went up, misses the ball and grabbed the arm. Yeah, it was a little excessive and the way Okur falls makes it really look bad. But again, a dude that unathletic should not tryna be penetrating hard to the hole for a thunder dunk in Oakland against a team like GState in a blowout win. Okur's only play there is to dribble the clock down and throw up a jumper. There's unwritten rules against that kind of nonsense he was pulling.

Yeah, the foul was harder than necessary, and he should of gotten tossed, but this League is getting really soft if some 7 footer hitting the deck causes outrage.
    Maybe, it was payback for all the dunks by Davis and company and their mocking of the Utah players.

When a player is up in the air like Okur was and he's cheap-shotted, the guy could have broken his tail bone or hurt his back. Wouldn't surprise me if Richardson is fined.

It really amazed me that pansy Doug Collins would even make a comment like that. He was one of the meekest players ever in the NBA.

Also, Davis should be punished for what looked like a deliberate elbow on DF. The bruise was just under his eye and if had been an inch higher could have done some real damage to his eye.

I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar

So if Okur was out of line, what was Baron Davis when he was dunking on AK with 2:45 left in Game 3 and his team up by 20?
    Narf!

The odds are heavily in favor of the Jazz now. It would take almost a miracle for the Warriors to win three in a row with two of them at Utah.

A miracle or some hot shooting from 3 point land. It's not inconceivable that the Warriors could become unconscious from 3 point land and take all 3 games. In last nights game, if 4 or 5 more shots connected out of the 39 taken, it would be a totally different ball game, even though the Jazz thoroughly outplayed them.

As I said that I thought the Warriors would inevitably start missing 3's and their play would end up in disarray. However, the Warriors have a puncher's chance to win the series. It would be one of the greatest comebacks, but it can be done. I sure don't look for it to happen but it'll be fun to watch the Warriors bomb away as they try to win it with the long ball.

It's for sure Nellie isn't going to change his game plan and in fact doesn't have the players to change it so it's going to be bombs away.

Banned

Just as there was no excuse for the Utah fans calling Jack names, there is no excuse for this type of foul. If a Utah player had done this to Jrich, would you be saying the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Robobtowncolt View Post
    So if Okur was out of line, what was Baron Davis when he was dunking on AK with 2:45 left in Game 3 and his team up by 20?
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

woman without a team

Showing off for the home crowd?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

speaking of dirty fouls...

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    speaking of dirty fouls...

Wow....I never saw that one before........nothing like taking a quick punch at the ballsack before taking one for the team
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Wow....I never saw that one before........nothing like taking a quick punch at the ballsack before taking one for the team
    That was just a love tap. Maybe Hinrich was flirting.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bingo. The reasoning that you shouldn't dunk on the road or you will get your **** rocked is ludicrous. You get the chance to put home a big exclamation point on the road you go for it. If you get hit like Okur did while in the air its all on the dude that hit you. That was a ***** play by JRich.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    Bingo. The reasoning that you shouldn't dunk on the road or you will get your **** rocked is ludicrous. You get the chance to put home a big exclamation point on the road you go for it. If you get hit like Okur did while in the air its all on the dude that hit you. That was a ***** play by JRich.
    When the next game is out of reach, maybe Harpring or Collins can return the favor to JRich or better yet both him and Davis. Hell, why not throw Jax in too.

Quote Originally Posted by Roferr View Post
    When the next game is out of reach, maybe Harpring or Collins can return the favor to JRich or better yet both him and Davis. Hell, why not throw Jax in too.
    Jack hasn't done anything to the Jazz players, why do you have to throw his name in there, damn.

They wont return nothing because they are soft.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Um, Harpring is about as soft as barbed wire.

He's easily the toughest guy on either team. I'd take him over any two warriors in a cage match.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Jack hasn't done anything to the Jazz players, why do you have to throw his name in there, damn.
    Just for you.

Don't ever under estimate your opponent. Just because a player is hard to get a rise out of, doesn't mean he's soft. He may be smart and can keep his temper for the best interests of the team. You don't know how tough a fellow is until you back him in a corner.

Most of the ultimate fighters are nice to talk to and seem like they wouldn't hurt a fly until they enter the octagon. Would you call them soft?