Page 38 of 90 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

Default Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jack has already been thrown out of three games in GS, including a playoff game, and probably should have been suspended for one more. Obviously, the problem is him.
    I wish Dunleavy would have been thrown out a few games, maybe then I would know he is alive.

I know that you are very mad Shade, I know it and its alright. You are trying to make it seem like Jack has had nothing to do with the Warriors being good because it means the Pacers made a mistake with the trade. You are doing everything you can to make yourself believe that we are alright and that Jack sucks and it was all his fault.

They are one game away from kicking out a team that was supposed to coast to the NBA title and Jack is playing their best player and maybe league MVP like a beast.

GIVE US BACK JACK.

Can we please not let the board devolve into another ridiculous Jack debate again tonight like it did after Game 2. Or at least keep it in his special thread.

I'm done with the debate. Jack and the Warriors are backing all my points very nicely. I dont even have to say nothing and a W goes into Jermaniacs column.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    What problem do you speak of? Having one team fall like a damn rock out of the playoffs and into perennial mediocrity while the other is dominating a 67-win team in the playoffs (with that particular player outperforming the MVP)?

That don't sound like any problem to me.
    I'm sorry, I wasn't aware Jack was a one-man team.

He isn't even a top 3 option in GS. That's probably why he's doing well. Not as much pressure.

Hell, Artest is a much better player than Jack. Let's get him back, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    I wish Dunleavy would have been thrown out a few games, maybe then I would know he is alive.

I know that you are very mad Shade, I know it and its alright. You are trying to make it seem like Jack has had nothing to do with the Warriors being good because it means the Pacers made a mistake with the trade. You are doing everything you can to make yourself believe that we are alright and that Jack sucks and it was all his fault.

They are one game away from kicking out a team that was supposed to coast to the NBA title and Jack is playing their best player and maybe league MVP like a beast.

GIVE US BACK JACK.
    No, I'm just remembering why we got rid of him in the first place, which apparently a lot of people have forgotten already.

Hell, go back and read your own posts. There was a reason you wanted him out of here so badly, too.

The trade sucked. I didn't like it from the beginning. But you know why the trade sucked? Because Jackson killed his trade value by sucking *** on the court and being a dumbass off of it.

Golden State didn't even want Jack. They wanted Al. They HAD to take Jack to get Al. Jack had NO TRADE VALUE.

Jack helped to leave this franchise in a shambles and yet some Pacers fans are actively rooting for the guy. I just don't get it.

Jack isn't laughing with you, Jerm. He's laughing at you, and all the rest of us Pacers fans.

LMAO at Caron and the Mcdonalds straws.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware Jack was a one-man team.

He isn't even a top 3 option in GS. That's probably why he's doing well. Not as much pressure.

Hell, Artest is a much better player than Jack. Let's get him back, too.
    Not even top 3 option? Wow. I ain't even touching that ****.

Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    Not even top 3 option? Wow. I ain't even touching that ****.
    Baron, JRich, and Ellis (well, Ellis before tonight) are all better options than Jack.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    And Reggie just isn't very good.
    I can't decide if that's blasphemy or sacrilegious.

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    I can't decide if that's blasphemy or sacrilegious.
    Loved him as a player. I'm "fine" with him, at most, as a commentator.

woman without a team

Warriors will have to win game 6 at home - that will be their chance to win the series.

I'm not convinced that Dallas will win the next game. Except for their coach (and Austin) no one on that team has any heart.

woman without a team

Teams only have so many chances to win a series.
    Yeah, at least four. At the most seven.

Dallas won't win this series. This is the same Dallas team that was backdoor-swept out of the Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR View Post
    LMAO at Caron and the Mcdonalds straws.
    Barkley with the Krispy Kreme was funnier! LOL that's it!

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

No, I'm just remembering why we got rid of him in the first place, which apparently a lot of people have forgotten already.

Hell, go back and read your own posts. There was a reason you wanted him out of here so badly, too.

The trade sucked. I didn't like it from the beginning. But you know why the trade sucked? Because Jackson killed his trade value by sucking *** on the court and being a dumbass off of it.

Golden State didn't even want Jack. They wanted Al. They HAD to take Jack to get Al. Jack had NO TRADE VALUE.

Jack helped to leave this franchise in a shambles and yet some Pacers fans are actively rooting for the guy. I just don't get it.

Jack isn't laughing with you, Jerm. He's laughing at you, and all the rest of us Pacers fans.

Post of the Year!!!
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Warriors will have to win game 6 at home - that will be their chance to win the series.

Didn't I just post that Baron is the best player in the playoffs right now, didn't I say the Warriors won because of their great defense. I'mm giving them credit
    I don't know why you are chalking up game 5 for the Mavs already. This team's leader is Dirk Nowitzki who up until his playoff run last year was considered to be a guy who couldn't handle the pressure and would rather defer the blame to his teammates.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I am so upset the Pacers gave up Al harrington. He is just the type of clutch playoff performer that we need right now

LMAO at the people that still think Dallas is the better team here. You guys do realize that Dallas has to win 2 straight just to tie the series and three straight to win it right? What in recent history makes you think that's going to happen?

I am so upset the Pacers gave up Al harrington. He is just the type of clutch playoff performer that we need right now
    At this point Troy Murphy is much much more useful to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    ...so explain why Larry brown made the hall of fame without getting there?
    Made 2 Final Fours and one 1. Though, hey, Nellie did win a WBC, maybe that'll count.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Brown went into the Hall of Fame in 2002. Took the Sixers to the finals in 01.

(just in case my "Allen Iverson says Hi" post wasn't clear.)

UB made a funny!

It is indeed amazing when a player has as many fouls as points, rebounds, and assists COMBINED!

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Baron, JRich, and Ellis (well, Ellis before tonight) are all better options than Jack.
    Not true Shade, Jack is the #2 guy on the team most nights. His minutes run 2-3 and while he doesn't always take the 2nd-3rd most shots, he is their main defender (thus being on Dirk so often, and doing very well at it no less) and when Baron goes out they often put the ball in his hands out up top.

On top of that, for all the "it's not Jack that helped" I have to point out that in winning 3 of 4 playoff games I saw Jack doing a whole lot and Al doing very, very little. Al's been a total non factor. That team is running on Baron, Jack, JRich with a bump from Ellis, Barnes and Pietrus. Even Biedrens is getting less PT and attention now.

This team is SIGNIFICANTLY better than they were last season at any point and even this season before the trade at any point. Even with the nice start last year they didn't play ball at this tempo or with this passion. And on the flipside the Pacers had their worst stretch of W-L in the last 4 years in the last 2 months after the trade.

It's not like the Warriors got a little better and the Pacers got a tiny bit worse. One team became one of the hottest teams in the NBA and the other became one of the coldest.

BTW, for those of you not watching the Warriors because of the game times or out of spite, your missing the 2nd most enjoyable basketball being played after the Suns. And it's not just me saying it either, both the TNT and ESPN coverages mentioned it FRI/SUN. The team is fast, furious and infectious as hell to watch.

You may hate Jackson but he's part of a team playing ball exactly like you were hoping the Pacers would this year. Everyone else that watches them loves it.

at "they were forced to take Jack".

Ike vs Powell was for free or what? I think the Pacers were asked to PAY too weren't they? NELLIE EXPLICITLY said in the SI.COM interview that he thought Dunleavy was a bust, a bench guy (7-8) getting paid #2 guy money. He had zero confidence in him by the time of the trade. They wanted him gone in the worst way, and Troy too.

You talk like this was a one-way deal, all about Indy. Over on the other side before this deal was going down the Warriors were just looking for a sucker like the Pacers to come along. It wasn't GS devaluing Jackson, it was TPTB due to fan pressure.

All TPTB had to do was man up and not be bossed by the PR, knowing what types of players they had. And as I've said since day 1, you just wait till the summer and if he goes to jail you cut his contract.

The Pacers could have not made the playoffs for a lot less money than it's costing them now, and frankly they were going to make the playoffs, probably around .500 and the #6 seed thanks to the GA injury. That would have been TOR, the team losing to #6 NJ.

BTW Shade, Jack hurt his trade value in OCT, but in NOV when he played a great all-around game off the ball (which we noted in the first PD party this season) and then found his shot after that and played solid #3 man ball from that point on he was doing nothing but helping his trade value.

He played well enough to not deserve the boos, but fans had made up their mind. Meanwhile GS wasn't sitting there saying "man, I hate that guy because of Rio" like fans were, they were watching how he plays instead. IMO fans hurt Jack's trade value because they reached a new level of intolerance and pressure TPTB to do something rash.

RC started taking a heavier hand with guys acting up and did so with Al and Jack in those final weeks. Instead of seeing how that was going to work with the players the team just punted.

Did you watch game 2 when he was booted? That was overhyped. Baron did far more to get booted, Jack hung tough for another 6-7 minutes of a tough game as the main guy with the ball after that, and when he got his 2nd tech it seemed mildly quick, enough to boil over the frustration. They made a huge deal of him not leaving right away, but it was 10 times less demonstrative than when Army had to literally be carried off the court here in Indy.

In Dallas you have to go down around the bench and then walk the isle back to the middle to get out of the arena. Jack just said his peace the whole way out, ala a typical baseball manager getting booted from a game. I fully expected him to get exactly what he got for it, the big fine. And unlike Baron's departure, Jack's came after the game was well out of reach.

Don't love it, but it's par for course in frustrating playoff losses. I've seen Reggie that out of control and emotional with the refs many times. This was David Harrison on a good day when the drugs are keeping him calm (not that we've ever seen him have a day like that).

So, we got screwed in that trade huh?

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Evan_The_Dude View Post
    LMAO at the people that still think Dallas is the better team here. You guys do realize that Dallas has to win 2 straight just to tie the series and three straight to win it right? What in recent history makes you think that's going to happen?
    Weren't the Rockets up 3-1 two years ago and a team came back to beat them. What was that team? Oh yeah the Mavs.