Page 27 of 90 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 675 of 2247

Thread: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

  1. #651
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    257

    Default Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So everyone of Mavs key players will play at full potential. And they will figure out the Warriors offense. Is Michael Jordan gonna suit up too?

    Actually, I never said anywhere in my post that everyone would play to max potential. But would it really be that surprising for the Mav players to play to their normal abilities? Obviously they have trouble against Golden State, and they'll have to overcome those problems. Besides, I even said that I wouldn't be surprised if Golden State wins... I'm just not ready to proclaim them the 2007 champions yet either.

  2. #652
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,072

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

    I'm not ready to proclaim either of these teams 2007 champions.

    I don't think Golden State makes it past either Houston or Utah if they DO beat Dallas. Both teams can attack the paint from the post at a high level, and can expose the Warriors in a half-court tempo.

    Dallas just doesn't match up at all with Golden State. It's that simple. Dallas drew the worst possible opponent.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  3. #653
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    45

    Default Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

    Don't forget, SJax's one block was a huge rejection of Nowitski at the rim. He's held Dirk under his season's scoring average all 3 games so far. That SJax is putting up his numbers while being a lock down defender on the league's likely MVP.

  4. #654
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,950

    Default Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

    Jack is making integral contributions to the Warriors playoff (and pre-playoff run up) succes and I am not surprised. Perhaps of most importance is his intensity, which in the right situation sets the tone for the team.

    I can't say I'm at all surprised by this development. The key differences compared to the situation here is that Jack has a coach that commands respect and knows how to harness and manage him-no easy feat. Secondly, and at least equally important, he's surrounded by a way better talent pool and in a system that I think also encourages players by just letting them play.

    I hope the Warriors win this series, although I won't be disappointed if they don't . I enjoy watching both these teams style of play. Nellie and Nellie's disciple. Doesn't Nellie talk about Keith Smart in the same vein he talked about Avery when he was his assitant? Hope we have Smart on the head coaching radar.

    The one thing that frustrates me about the Jackson et al deal-well besides the contract status of some of what we got back-is just the loss of enthusiasm and intensity in the players we sent versus those we received.

    I'd like Murhphleavy much moreseo despite their contracts and regardless of their skill sets if they weren't so damn soft. Not just physically, but mentally, too. A team that struggles to find focus and intensity. Let's see. Let's just ship of 2 or 3 of our most fierce competitors.

  5. #655
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,286

    Default Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    how does having a good game make him not a thug?
    I dont see that connection. Perhaps you can explain it to me.
    You got it right. No need to explain anything to you. I would add that how does someone who makes millions a year make him not a thug?

    There's no question at all IMO that Jack would be an inmate if he did not play basketball. Even though he's a multi-millionaire, the guy wears gang colors and makes the kind of mindless choices that lead to that. Millions like him - most who are not terrible guys - are imprisoned in our justice system. In Jack's opinion, he's just an emotional guy. They all have excuses and explanations just like him.

    Now, he is part of the reason GS is where they are right now. No way they would be in the playoffs had they not made the trade. Jack fit well with GS's style of play and enhanced a team that already had several talented players in Baron, Ellis and Richardson. Dallas does not matchup well at all with that group of players.

  6. #656
    Member Roferr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    70
    Posts
    562

    Default Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

    Gotta hand it to the Warriors, they have the Mavs confused, dazed and at a complete loss. I've not seen the Mavs play so poorly in consecutive games for quite a while. Warriors are playing very spirited with non-stop hustle.

    Dirk is having it rough but it's just not him, the entire team are playing like rookies. They're playing very frustrated and out of sync. It's almost like they're mesmerized by the Warrior's tenacity and at other times, you can see the panic in their eyes.

    However, the last I heard, it still takes 4 wins. Although, the Warriors rightly deserve the accolades now, I still believe the Mavs will get it together ad win the series. Stackhouse and Terry need to accelerate their games and act as if they're in the fight of their lives. All it will take is for the Mavs to drain a few 3's and it's an entirely different ball game.

    The zebras weren't any worse in this game than most and are not to blame in the least but the style of play, very physical, favored the Warriors, I believe. The next game may be called closer and become a game of finesse, which I believe favors Dallas' style of play.
    .

  7. #657
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,950

    Default Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You got it right. No need to explain anything to you. I would add that how does someone who makes millions a year make him not a thug?

    There's no question at all IMO that Jack would be an inmate if he did not play basketball. Even though he's a multi-millionaire, the guy wears gang colors and makes the kind of mindless choices that lead to that. Millions like him - most who are not terrible guys - are imprisoned in our justice system. In Jack's opinion, he's just an emotional guy. They all have excuses and explanations just like him.

    Now, he is part of the reason GS is where they are right now. No way they would be in the playoffs had they not made the trade. Jack fit well with GS's style of play and enhanced a team that already had several talented players in Baron, Ellis and Richardson. Dallas does not matchup well at all with that group of players.
    I just prefer not to enlist the term thug because it's quite problematic from a semantic standpoint. Kind of like the oft referenced "one's man freedom fighter is another's terrorist". Equating Jackson to a criminal has some validity given his legal situation and others can choose to agree or disagree on that.

    However, can you please explain the logic behind the bolded parts in your post or otherwise elaborate on what you mean. What I can get from it is:

    -Being involved with or in a gang and being a multi-millionaire either is or should be mutually exclusive

    -Those incarcerated for gang membership or gang related activies or crimes "aren't terrible guys" but they are dumb and "all" have excuses or explanations.

  8. #658

    Default Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It just makes me all that more depressed that the Pacers arent in em this year. It also reaffirms my belief that at least trying to make the playoffs was a better decision then purposefully tanking to get a draft pick. The playoffs are just too damn fun to miss.
    Not when you're the Magic.


    And the Pacers are worse than the Magic.


    I'm not thrilled about a team stinking an entire year and then failing at a desperate, final-week push at the 8th seed in a weak Eastern Conference. Ever. You got your wish, they tried for the playoffs and failed as pretty much anyone could have guessed. The full consequences of finishing between failure and failure with a bonus (draft pick) will reveal themselves this offseason.

    Dallas just doesn't match up at all with Golden State. It's that simple. Dallas drew the worst possible opponent.
    True indeed.

  9. #659
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,286

    Default Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just prefer not to enlist the term thug because it's quite problematic from a semantic standpoint. Kind of like the oft referenced "one's man freedom fighter is another's terrorist". Equating Jackson to a criminal has some validity given his legal situation and others can choose to agree or disagree on that.

    However, can you please explain the logic behind the bolded parts in your post or otherwise elaborate on what you mean. What I can get from it is:

    -Being involved with or in a gang and being a multi-millionaire either is or should be mutually exclusive

    -Those incarcerated for gang membership or gang related activies or crimes "aren't terrible guys" but they are dumb and "all" have excuses or explanations.
    Let me clarify.

    First, the category of Multi-millionaire is NOT mutually exclusive with Thug. Jackson is proof of that. I can see how you interpreted the "Even though" portion of my statement as stating otherwise. As for the term "thug", if the shoe fits wear it. You are free to be politically correct. I refuse to deny reality. I consider a person who blows himself up in a marketplace to be a "terrorist" killing innocent people. There is simply no excuse for it. That's a far cry from what a common "thug" does, but the term "thug" still has a definite meaning. Jack fits that description. He wears gang colors and commits criminal acts. Not a terrible guy...certainly no terrorist, but if the thug shoe fits...

    Second, not ALL people in prison are terrible guys. In fact, a small percentage are completely innocent. However, the vast majority have made the wrong choices in life. That's the analogy with Jack. He makes wrong choices along the lines of those who become incarcerated. He acts without thinking and calls it emotion. That part of his character is consistent with many people who find themselves behind bars. They act out on their emotions and do stupid things that get themselves in trouble because they lack self control.

  10. #660
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,950

    Default Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let me clarify.

    First, the category of Multi-millionaire is NOT mutually exclusive with Thug. Jackson is proof of that. I can see how you interpreted the "Even though" portion of my statement as stating otherwise. As for the term "thug", if the shoe fits wear it. You are free to be politically correct. I refuse to deny reality. I consider a person who blows himself up in a marketplace to be a "terrorist" killing innocent people. There is simply no excuse for it. That's a far cry from what a common "thug" does, but the term "thug" still has a definite meaning. Jack fits that description. He wears gang colors and commits criminal acts. Not a terrible guy...certainly no terrorist, but if the thug shoe fits...

    Second, not ALL people in prison are terrible guys. In fact, a small percentage are completely innocent. However, the vast majority have made the wrong choices in life. That's the analogy with Jack. He makes wrong choices along the lines of those who become incarcerated. He acts without thinking and calls it emotion. That part of his character is consistent with many people who find themselves behind bars. They act out on their emotions and do stupid things that get themselves in trouble because they lack self control.
    Much clearer and I completely understand your thinking, particularly in the second part. I always find the multi-millionaire part (not only in your post) kind of difficult. Perhaps it's because I tend to discuss moreso in the areas of professional sports, but it seems like there's always more frequent amazement or outrage about multi-millionaire "thugs" as opposed to other types of multi-millionaire criminals.

    Not stating you or others are giving those guys a pass either. Ultimately people making any amount of money are no less responsible for their actions than any others I suppose. Thanks for the clarification!

  11. #661
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,286

    Default Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Much clearer and I completely understand your thinking, particularly in the second part. I always find the multi-millionaire part (not only in your post) kind of difficult. Perhaps it's because I tend to discuss moreso in the areas of professional sports, but it seems like there's always more frequent amazement or outrage about multi-millionaire "thugs" as opposed to other types of multi-millionaire criminals.

    Not stating you or others are giving those guys a pass either. Ultimately people making any amount of money are no less responsible for their actions than any others I suppose. Thanks for the clarification!
    Personally, I have significantly more outrage toward white collar CXO criminals (e.g. Enron) and political crooks (e.g. certain governors). There is far more bad intent and organized planning in their activities. They hurt more people more broadly by their acts as well.

    ...and you are right, although Tyco and Enron certainly received a lot of press, the average Joe only pays attention and has an appreciation for the simpler crimes of passion.

  12. #662
    Member #31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    1,811

    Default Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In other words, you haven't brought up any good points to support your argument. You're just throwing slop against the wall.

    If you think Dallas is still going to win, then tell us why. "Luck" is not a reason.
    Funny, in that case its you who "said nothing" even more, saying that Warriors is a better team and probably think that they will take this series aswell.... thats laughable.

    The only valuable support here is, MAVS is a better team and they will win the series against these lucksters.

    One more thing...... we will see who "throwed slop against the wall" only at the end, you or me, lets find out.

  13. #663
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,072

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

    I'd respond to that, but I really can't understand what you just said.

    This isn't sarcasm. I can't make any sense of it at all. The only thing I could decipher was the smiley.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  14. #664
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by #31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Funny, in that case its you who "said nothing" even more, saying that Warriors is a better team and probably think that they will take this series aswell.... thats laughable.

    The only valuable support here is, MAVS is a better team and they will win the series against these lucksters.

    One more thing...... we will see who "throwed slop against the wall" only at the end, you or me, lets find out.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  15. #665
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,696

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ain't gonna happen.
    I know.....that's why I said I wish we had the available salary cap to sign them. I doubt that we could even offer them something that either of them won't laugh at.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  16. #666
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,072

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

    yes folks, those really ARE empty seats made to look like fans


    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  17. #667
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

    Seems awful early to call a timeout.

    24 seconds in? What could be worth calling a time out for 24 seconds into a game?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  18. #668
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

    Man, Shaq is focused. Think he's still got it in him to do that for the whole game?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  19. #669
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,072

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

    Shaq seems to be the only guy that hasn't given up already, so he better.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  20. #670
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

    And it doesn't matter. Tie game.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  21. #671
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

    Ben Gordon's mom was asked how she got those great seats. She answered "My agent." Reporter says "You mean Ben's agent?" And the conversation goes on.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  22. #672
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,072

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

    Miami's up 4 at the half, and yet it feels like they're down 10.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  23. #673
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,987

    Default Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And the Pacers are worse than the Magic.

    I'm not thrilled about a team stinking an entire year and then failing at a desperate, final-week push at the 8th seed in a weak Eastern Conference. Ever. You got your wish, they tried for the playoffs and failed as pretty much anyone could have guessed. The full consequences of finishing between failure and failure with a bonus (draft pick) will reveal themselves this offseason.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  24. #674
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

    Damn that girl from the ***** Cat Dolls needs to be my wife.

  25. #675
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Official 2007 Playoffs Thread

    SWEEP

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •