Thread: Some JO trades in the new Wells column

Default Some JO trades in the new Wells column

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../1088/SPORTS04

Now other then the KG trade Wells has pulled all of those trades off PD.

Look at the Knicks trade and what I said in the thread Who Would You Want For JO?

Then look at the Nuggets trade, this trade was made up by a poster yesterday.

We should be getting paid for this.

Default Re: Some JO trades in the new Wells column

He must not read PD enough because some of the more likely (readlausible) scenarios aren't there.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Banned

I'd take that trade with the Lakers in a heartbeat! The Clippers trade would be something to consider, although I cringe at taking on Livingston.

[QUOTE=Jermaniac;567215]http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../1088/SPORTS04

Look at the Knicks trade and what I said in the thread Who Would You Want For JO?

We should be getting paid for this.[/QUOTE]

I hate to be Mr. Obvious here, but - why don't you get a journalism degree and get paid for doing it? You got something against making money?

[QUOTE=FSU-IU;567222]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I hate to be Mr. Obvious here, but - why don't you get a journalism degree and get paid for doing it? You got something against making money?
    Mike?

Quote Originally Posted by FSU-IU View Post
    :
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

[quote=FSU-IU;567222]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post

Maybe he's got something against crappy journalism...
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Asides from the Lakers deal, the Denver one is the only one I wouldn't be upset with, and even then I want no part of JR Smith. I'll take a draft pick instead. No more hothead guards on this team.

Honestly, I think the Lakers will be big players for JO, and I think it may be the one place where there is a mutual fit. Of course, Bynum may be the sticking point, but if that's the case I'll take a pick and an expiring contract along with Odom.

Actually, LA might be a little more open to giving up Bynum if the Pacers include Diogu with O'Neal.

Then the only thing this team would need is a PG from the draft. And I would call that the perfect offseason.

I read those possible trade scenerios this morning and I must say, that I don't believe JO has the much value.

Value is relative.

For instance, who thinks Sebastian Telfair last year had as much value as the Blazers ended up getting for him?

If we had Shane Battier, does anyone in their right mind think we could've gotten a #8 pick for him?

Does anyone think we can get that for Jeff Foster (an equally valuable player as Battier IMO)?

Did anybody think Eddy Curry had the kind of value to warrant what the Knicks gave up and are still giving up for him?

There are a lot of factors beyond a player's percieved worth to the fans of his team.

It's not everyday that an All Star forward in his prime is available and the team dealing him is not backed against the wall.

The Nuggets trade is ridiculous!

Mike?

-----------------------------------

Uhhhhh, nope.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    Asides from the Lakers deal, the Denver one is the only one I wouldn't be upset with, and even then I want no part of JR Smith. I'll take a draft pick instead. No more hothead guards on this team.

Honestly, I think the Lakers will be big players for JO, and I think it may be the one place where there is a mutual fit. Of course, Bynum may be the sticking point, but if that's the case I'll take a pick and an expiring contract along with Odom.

Actually, LA might be a little more open to giving up Bynum if the Pacers include Diogu with O'Neal.

Then the only thing this team would need is a PG from the draft. And I would call that the perfect offseason.
    Jermaine will be coming off of knee surgery, and he already injury prone.

Jermaine is making 20 million a year. It is much harder to match his salary with what the Pacers will want, especially if the Pacers want Tinsley to be taken off their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I read those possible trade scenerios this morning and I must say, that I don't believe JO has the much value.
    And I think many here seriously underestimate his value.
    This ain't Ron Artest!@
    I think you may have been swayed by what you saw there. He's a GOOD guy first of all.
    Secondly, he's a 20/10 BIG MAN that defends the goal.
    That's HUMONGOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by rommie View Post
    Jermaine will be coming off of knee surgery, and he already injury prone.

Jermaine is making 20 million a year. It is much harder to match his salary with what the Pacers will want, especially if the Pacers want Tinsley to be taken off their hands.
    Jermaine will be coming off CLEAN UP CARTILAGE knee surgery. NOT a blown knee. That's a pretty HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE difference.

Is that Denver one even realistic? If they offered that, I'd be all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    Value is relative.

For instance, who thinks Sebastian Telfair last year had as much value as the Blazers ended up getting for him?

If we had Shane Battier, does anyone in their right mind think we could've gotten a #8 pick for him?

Does anyone think we can get that for Jeff Foster (an equally valuable player as Battier IMO)?

Did anybody think Eddy Curry had the kind of value to warrant what the Knicks gave up and are still giving up for him?

There are a lot of factors beyond a player's percieved worth to the fans of his team.

It's not everyday that an All Star forward in his prime is available and the team dealing him is not backed against the wall.

Ask Jeff Van Gundy and Mike Fratello how valuable Battier is.

Ask Rick Carlisle and Isaiah Thomas how valuable JO is.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

LMAO at the Clippers trade. Mike needs to lay off the happy pills.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I wonder if Wells wrote that article or did Walsh throwing out possibilities to see what fans will accept. I also think that LB/DW are so snake bit that they are afraid of further criticism. Try balloons anyone? Yes most of those trades were awful and unimaginative. We should be trading with a team that is very close to being able to go all the way and want JO to put them over the top. That team will likely have a short window of oppportunity. It deosn't matter that it is a EC team since the Ps are some years away.

I hope the Lakers don't trade with the Pacers.

But I would love DW and Larry if they're able to get Crawford.

I doubt the Clips trade BRAND, Corey, And Shaun for JO and Tins.

EDIT: Wow... JO+AI+MELO... imagine that.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMltKsoDwe8&NR=1
    press pause on the second slow-mo replay around 0:12 mark