Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44

Thread: Pacers vs. Wizards Post-Game Thread: The season ends with a thud

  1. #26
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Wizards Post-Game Thread: The season ends with a thud

    There is no way somebody can be worse, unless we hire Kevin O'Neill.

    Just get me somebody who's idea of an NBA offense doesnt consist of bouncing the ball to one player and the other 4 guys watching him for 15 seconds, or Stephen Jackson ISO Ball.

  2. #27
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,807

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Wizards Post-Game Thread: The season ends with a thud

    Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it just me, or did Rick look surprisingly upbeat in the post-game press conference? I think I even saw a sly smile a couple of times.
    I didn't see the whole press conference, but in the clip they played on the ch. 6 news seemed to imply he's not coming back......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  3. #28
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Wizards Post-Game Thread: The season ends with a thud



    I gotta admit that makes me kind of sad, even though I dont like him. I'm sure these players have a close bond with him. Well all 4 players that like playing for him.

  4. #29
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,685

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Wizards Post-Game Thread: The season ends with a thud

    RICK IS NOT COMING BACK

  5. #30
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Wizards Post-Game Thread: The season ends with a thud

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    RICK IS NOT COMING BACK
    With Larry Bird as GM it wouldnt surprise me if he was coaching this team next year.

  6. #31
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,685

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Wizards Post-Game Thread: The season ends with a thud

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With Larry Bird as GM it wouldnt surprise me if he was coaching this team next year.
    Who ? Larry or Rick.

    Neither will be coaching the pacers next season, I'm 100% convinced of that also

  7. #32
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,147

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Wizards Post-Game Thread: The season ends with a thud

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want to say something about the actual game tonight. Pacers played hard and fairly well. Maceo is the most underrated player on the Pacers - he is what I call a winning player - he does so many good things - team defense, always making the right play - he is just a very underrated player.

    Granger really grew up this season and I think he'll benefit from these struggles in the future
    Thank You!! I've been calling for Maceo to get more minutes throughout the season, and not cause I'm a Euro fan! It's b/c he always seems to produce when he's on the court!

    I hope Danny comes around as well. Shawne should be fun to watch next season. I'm actually excited for Dunleavy's return next season. I could be blind hope like Warrior fans had, but I thought I saw solid improvement from when he 1st arrived until now.

    Ike will be an interesting one to watch. It's known he can produce, but can he get better and improve on the things he needs to.

    Murph I don't think I want back... he probably will be, but his defense is terrible, and his shooting doesn't make up for it. His rebounding was nothing like advertised.. maybe he can improve, but I don't see it.

  8. #33
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,881

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Wizards Post-Game Thread: The season ends with a thud

    I agree with Uncle Buck. The only question I have is what exit strategy will be used. Rick might want out of here himself as much as Jermainiac wants him gone.

    If Donnie calls Rick into his office and tells him he wants him to come back next season it would be about the same as ABC telling the LOST writers/producers they want more seasons.

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  9. #34
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Wizards Post-Game Thread: The season ends with a thud

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just fire Carlisle already. Just fire him, I don't care who we bring in, just bring in some female college coach who doesn't call 128 plays in 80 possessions every game.
    Make sure you're all smiles when other posters say the same thing about JO.

    "Just dump him, I don't care what female HS player they bring in to replace him as long as she isn't a fadeaway, non-clutch, overpaid, always injured loser."

    Nothing goes better with blind hostility than a nice dose of hyperbole.

  10. #35

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Wizards Post-Game Thread: The season ends with a thud

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Make sure you're all smiles when other posters say the same thing about JO.

    "Just dump him, I don't care what female HS player they bring in to replace him as long as she isn't a fadeaway, non-clutch, overpaid, always injured loser."

    Nothing goes better with blind hostility than a nice dose of hyperbole.
    I like that as a sig ... hahahaha
    Maceo Baston's #1 fan on Pacers Digest!

  11. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,346
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Wizards Post-Game Thread: The season ends with a thud

    "The season ends with a thud"

    I guess this is the best place to post it... I was wrong all along,
    and once again feel like an idiot for thinking from the heart and
    not the brain.

    To all that have been saying the Pacers suck;

    YOU WERE RIGHT

    What a complete total disaster.


  12. #37
    Member pacerfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Columbus IN
    Posts
    230
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Wizards Post-Game Thread: The season ends with a thud

    A terrible thud! How can you teach a team to have a killer instinct, (on the court)? So many times we came close to winning some games, but it seemed like, "we didn't play well today so we're looking ahead to the next game", mentality. Play (every) game like its your last!! It should be an interesting off season.

  13. #38
    Member Harddrive7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,175

    Smile Re: Pacers vs. Wizards Post-Game Thread: The season ends with a thud

    Yeah, poor Pacers. They get to go back to their millions of dollars and take exotic vacations while we continue at our wonderful jobs and WONDERFUL broke lives!!

    I'm only half kidding, but it's true.

  14. #39
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,620

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Wizards Post-Game Thread: The season ends with a thud

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With Larry Bird as GM it wouldn't surprise me if he was coaching this team next year.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. I think Bird would fire his own mom and have security escort her out if it meant more wins. (And then when he left the office run his car through a puddle to splash her and her cardboard box of "desk stuff" as she walked to her car.)
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  15. #40
    Member Ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,832

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Wizards Post-Game Thread: The season ends with a thud

    Jerm it could be worse it has been worse. Rick is a very good coach but he was the wrong coach for THIS team. They tried to get the players that would fit into his system but they never managed to get GOOD players who fit into his system.

    We need a coach with a different style. We need a SG more than anything and that is probably the single thing that killed Rick more than anything. If we would have had a consistent 3 point shooter we would have made the playoffs. I would have preferred that he adapt to the personnel on hand rather than change it for the worse.

    If Jamaal will be here next year (and yes I hope he is) we need someone like Byron Scott or Mark Jackson. Byron will not be available that leaves Mark.

    If anyone can get the maximum out of Jamaal it will be Mark. And even the Tinsley haters must admit he is a VERY talented pg.

    Even if we traded for another acceptable pg (Andre Miller, Kirk Hinrich, Sam Cassell, Jason Kidd, Chris Paul) we would need a Mark Jackson or Byron Scott type.


    On a side note I would LOVE to see Brevin Knight as our backup. Oh man the thought of a Mark Jackson coached team with two true pg's on the roster...

    Heck I would be happy with Jameer Nelson as our backup pg. Just someone with real pg ability.

  16. #41
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,280

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Wizards Post-Game Thread: The season ends with a thud

    About Ike's game....as a 3rd scoring option.....given his inexperience but knack for finding a way to score while drawing fouls....if ( for now ) he is paired with a legit 1st/2nd scoring options ( hopefully both are Guards )....and therefore can't be double-teamed....then I think that he can be a very good scoring option that is consistent threat while taking 10 to 14 FGA a game while getting 4 to 7 FTs a game.

    But until he figures out a way to pass out of double-teams effectively ( or is completely abusing the opposing Frontcourt ), I don't want Ike to be a 1st or 2nd scoring option.

    I like what I have seen from him over the last couple of games where he has played more then 20+ minutes a game....but admit that he has some limitations given his tendency to get fouled.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  17. #42
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,280

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Wizards Post-Game Thread: The season ends with a thud

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On the plus side, you ensured we'll be drafting 15th and not 16th. Thanks!
    Why are you complaining? At least you get a draft pick.

    We get to either sit and do nothing in the draft or watch while TPTB trade away a player that we problably don't want to give up for a mid teens to 20 draft pick and then watch in horror as we draft another SF or PF
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  18. #43
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,029

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Wizards Post-Game Thread: The season ends with a thud

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. I think Bird would fire his own mom and have security escort her out if it meant more wins. (And then when he left the office run his car through a puddle to splash her and her cardboard box of "desk stuff" as she walked to her car.)
    With all due respect, I so completely disagree with this.

    Maybe Larry Bird the player was ruthless, but Bird the GM seems to always place relationships over tough decisions to help the franchise. Always.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  19. #44
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,685

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Wizards Post-Game Thread: The season ends with a thud

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With all due respect, I so completely disagree with this.

    Maybe Larry Bird the player was ruthless, but Bird the GM seems to always place relationships over tough decisions to help the franchise. Always.
    What is your evidence that you used to form your opinion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •