Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacers vs. Wizards Post-Game Thread: The season ends with a thud

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pacers vs. Wizards Post-Game Thread: The season ends with a thud

I don't even know what to say at this point. I'm just glad it's finally over.

Default Re: Pacers vs. Wizards Post-Game Thread: The season ends with a thud

LOL is this a publicity stunt going on? Passing out jerseys, balls, and shoes, or does this happen at the end of every season!?

Jermaine was crying at the end, and I think it's obvious why. I don't think we'll hear him say he hasn't thought about this possibly being his last season in Indiana anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL is this a publicity stunt going on? Passing out jerseys, balls, and shoes, or does this happen at the end of every season!?
    Happens at the end of every season... that a team doesn't make the playoffs.

woman without a team

What's the best thing about the season being over early? PD Forum Award Noms can start 2 months early!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

On the plus side, you ensured we'll be drafting 15th and not 16th. Thanks!

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    They didn't do this last year.....

They still had fan appreciation night, but nothing like this.

What did they do as soon as the game ended? I caught some parts of the Pacers throwing balls and such.

I saw Jamaal handing a jersey to a fan.

This is so depressing. I actually feel bad for them, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Why is that a plus? Why do we care?

Don't rub it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ev_eezy View Post
    Jermaine was crying at the end, and I think it's obvious why. I don't think we'll hear him say he hasn't thought about this possibly being his last season in Indiana anymore.
    I didn't see that. What happened, I saw a glimpse of him but he didn't look like he was crying.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    Don't rub it in.
    If it makes you feel any better, we get a tougher 1st round opponent out of it.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Ev_eezy View Post
    Happens at the end of every season... that a team doesn't make the playoffs.
    Ahh maybe that's why I've never noticed it. Good gesture, the end of the season could be a little too late for some fans though.

Let the offseason begin!

Woo hoo.

Eh, it'll only help you in the long run.

We've had a lot of bad luck, and we've made a lot of bad decisions...hopefully next year will be different.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    We've had a lot of bad luck, and we've made a lot of bad decisions...hopefully next year will be different.
    All that luck will change come lottery day!!

Is it just me, or did Rick look surprisingly upbeat in the post-game press conference? I think I even saw a sly smile a couple of times.

Just fire Carlisle already. Just fire him, I don't care who we bring in, just bring in some female college coach who doesn't call 128 plays in 80 possessions every game.

JO cried after the game? I didnt see that I saw a little shot of him just standing there after the game but I didnt see him cry.

I consdiered starting a thread on this, but decided against it.

OK, so I was at the game tonight and stayed for fan appreciation thing right after the game and while most of the fans were jumping up and down for some crazy yellow ball, something caught my attention so I stayed until Rick walked off the court.

First I saw Jeff and Rick in a long embrace and Rick was doing all the talking - this lasted maybe a minute. Then Rick walked up to Daniels and a similar thing happened, so I kept my eyes on Rick and he walked up to 8 different players (keep in mind I didn't start noticing this until about halfway through) but Rick was hugging the players one-by-one and he would talk to each one for 30 seconds or so.

My immediate thought was Rick knows he's leaving after the season - the players know he's leaving so Rick is thanking each player individually.

Then on my drive home I was thinking - wait a minute, Rick wouldn't tell the team he's leaving that way. So more than likely I'm full of it, but I thought it was worth posting

Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    Is it just me, or did Rick look surprisingly upbeat in the post-game press conference? I think I even saw a sly smile a couple of times.
    Oh I noticed that. He smirked a little, too.

He's happy he's finally done.

Jerm, I need to say something to you. Rick is gone, so why not have a little class and not kick him on his way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Jerm, I need to say something to you. Rick is gone, so why not have a little class and not kick him on his way out.
    I dont know that he is out until he is out.

I also dont having nothing against Rick Carlisle the person, he seems like a great dude but I hate the way he coaches with passion. I will not sit here and act like something has changed because he is getting fired.

I wish him luck with his next job and I hope he gets back on his streak of winning 50 games and getting to the playoffs, but I do not want that man coaching the Pacers. And most definitely if he is here next season (and I know thats a long shot) and I will not be getting the league pass nor will I watch the Pacers when they are on national TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    I dont know that he is out until he is out.

I also dont having nothing against Rick Carlisle the person, he seems like a great dude but I hate the way he coaches with passion. I will not sit here and act like something has changed because he is getting fired.

I wish him luck with his next job and I hope he gets back on his streak of winning 50 games and getting to the playoffs, but I do not want that man coaching the Pacers. And most definitely if he is here next season (and I know thats a long shot) and I will not be getting the league pass nor will I watch the Pacers when they are on national TV.
    Though I agree with you, bear in mind that there's a very real possibility that whoever replaces him may be even worse.

We seem to be making nothing but downgrades lately.

I want to say something about the actual game tonight. Pacers played hard and fairly well. Maceo is the most underrated player on the Pacers - he is what I call a winning player - he does so many good things - team defense, always making the right play - he is just a very underrated player.

Granger really grew up this season and I think he'll benefit from these struggles in the future