Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The draft

Default Re: The draft

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jarrett's supposed to have an outstanding work ethic. Comparing him to Williams just because they went to the same school is an injustice IMO.
    No, the comparison was production coming out of the system. That's one thing to say about the wideouts at Purdue, it's another to say about USC and Florida. Keyshawn thought it was ridiculous and I agree.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

There goes my guy ..... damn it.

I'm liking what Oakland is doing, honestly. Lots of changes, which you need for a bad team, anyway. But I like these changes.

-- Steve --

Well, we got a S and a LB. We seem to be going straight through our needs. 3 picks left, should be interesting where else we go.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

We'll most likely stick to the defensive side. Maybe a tight end or RB though

Being in Iraq I haven't got to see much can anyone explain why everyone passed on Polnoski form Penn State we passed him by 2 times I figured he would be a top 15 pick. Please explain.

Uche! Good for him, real good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by esabyrn333 View Post
    Being in Iraq I haven't got to see much can anyone explain why everyone passed on Polnoski form Penn State we passed him by 2 times I figured he would be a top 15 pick. Please explain.
    There's likely a lot of teams where he doesn't fit in at all, the Colts included.

They say he would be perfect for the tampa 2. I don't know. Maybe not I hope we do something I don't like the Idea of Morris Bracket and ???? as our starting linebackers next year. Anyway I see it I fill a repeat coming on.

New England got Randy Moss for a 4th rounder, damn, they just keep getting better without giving up much.

Hmmm...another WR from OSU...
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

And props to Mike Otto, too.

Quote Originally Posted by esabyrn333 View Post
    They say he would be perfect for the tampa 2. I don't know. Maybe not I hope we do something I don't like the Idea of Morris Bracket and ???? as our starting linebackers next year. Anyway I see it I fill a repeat coming on.
    From what I have been reading from all over is there is a concern about his coverage ability. Although I didn't know that mattered when guys are running the ball. BUT, our draft seems to be getting a lot of high regard. A scouting director told me once everyone has a great draft day. Might this be one of Polian's best?
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    No, the comparison was production coming out of the system. That's one thing to say about the wideouts at Purdue, it's another to say about USC and Florida. Keyshawn thought it was ridiculous and I agree.
    And the reason Williams' production has been so bad is ...
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    And the reason Williams' production has been so bad is ...
    If you are referring to Mike Williams, it's because he was a bust waiting to happen. Average-slow speed, good height, poor work ethic playing in a good college system does not equate in the NFL.

Donut Williams will probably eat his way out of the NFL. He can't get any separation against even the worst DBs and has a poor work ethic meaning he wont get much faster...or better at routes. Maybe reuniting him with Lane Kiffin will spark his career and he will turn into a decent player..but it's unlikely.