Thread: The sadness of an ending season

Default The sadness of an ending season

Wow - what a roller coaster this has been. I never thought anything would compare to the "Artest Year" but I was wrong. Do I complain about the team? Yeah, sometimes I do - I can do that - I'm a fan. But the important thing is the Pacers have been my team for 40 years and they will always will be.

The thing that affects me most is when the season ends, a lot of you guys disappear until training camp opens again. Being over here, there is the loss of familiar comments and rants. PD is family to me. I know I can come and visit here just about any day during the season and "visit" with family. It may be hard for some of you to understand the loss of that is significant to me.

So . . . another season ends tonight. Yes, there will be another season and we will all be together again. I do think next season will be a lot better for this team for one reason or another. Even though a break is good, it's just a damn long time to wait to be reunited.

Good luck to all of you over the spring and summer!
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The sadness of an ending season

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow - what a roller coaster this has been. I never thought anything would compare to the "Artest Year" but I was wrong. Do I complain about the team? Yeah, sometimes I do - I can do that - I'm a fan. But the important thing is the Pacers have been my team for 40 years and they will always will be.

The thing that affects me most is when the season ends, a lot of you guys disappear until training camp opens again. Being over here, there is the loss of familiar comments and rants. PD is family to me. I know I can come and visit here just about any day during the season and "visit" with family. It may be hard for some of you to understand the loss of that is significant to me.

So . . . another season ends tonight. Yes, there will be another season and we will all be together again. I do think next season will be a lot better for this team for one reason or another. Even though a break is good, it's just a damn long time to wait to be reunited.

Good luck to all of you over the spring and summer!
    I'm always around during the summer. I know we can't say this enough ABA but what you do for this country means so much.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'll be around for the draft thread-I may be the only one posting in it, so who knows...

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I'll be there from time to time..who knows..
    It's always sad when the season comes to an end (especially in such an embarassing way), but this team really needs a break..

I can't say whether I'm happy that I don't have to watch this team for the next months or whether I'm sad that our season is over..

At least now I know how it feels to be a Hawks-fan!
    Thank you Jeff.

I think this offseason will keep some around, I could be wrong, b/c I've never gone through an offseason on here, but I think the rumblings and knowing that we're making moves will keep some interested.

There's also the hope of landing a TOP 3 pick

I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar

You couldn't get rid of me if you tried. Unless you're an administrator. Or a shiny piece of aluminum foil.
    Narf!

Quote Originally Posted by Robobtowncolt View Post
    You couldn't get rid of me if you tried. Unless you're an administrator. Or a shiny piece of aluminum foil.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 31andonly View Post
    At least now I know how it feels to be a Hawks-fan!
    You don't know how it feels to be a Hawks fan any more than a guy withy a sprained ankle knows how it feels to be an amputee.

A few more seasons of this plus an attendance around 5,000 per game plus an ownership fight that goes to the state supreme court - THEN you'd know what it was like...

AVERT! (*spit spit spit*)
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

I'm not going anywhere.....

Quote Originally Posted by Robobtowncolt View Post
    You're going to make a fine attorney - or politician - whichever it is
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Mood

Ive been here since last June and don't plan on leaving anytime soon. Ill be working alot this summer but ill try to be on here as much as i can be
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

I'm not going anywhere either. PD is my home page so I am always on.

i am ready to flush this turd of a season and look to the future. Hopefully some exciting team changing moves are made this summer.

ABADays,

I think there is probably more lurking than posting at times in the summer, but I'm sure if you log on and don't see any activity, it would not take much more than a "hey, anybody home?" post from you to get a conversation started.

You talk about this being a home away from home for you, and I don't doubt it. But if you do keep posting, it lets the rest of us know that you are still alright over there. That does many of us some good, as well.

Stay safe, man. (As if I've got to tell you that.)

ABA, I always am happy to see you post, it lets me know you are safe. But I never realized how much it meant until my brother got over there. I got my first email from him since he arrived over there today. It felt great to hear from him and know he's alive and well.

I'll be here all year, I'm going nowhere, so please continue to post!

p.s You doing buffettfest again this year?

Sports Logo

I think I post more in the off season than I do in the regular season

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron View Post
    ABA, I always am happy to see you post, it lets me know you are safe. But I never realized how much it meant until my brother got over there. I got my first email from him since he arrived over there today. It felt great to hear from him and know he's alive and well.

I'll be here all year, I'm going nowhere, so please continue to post!

p.s You doing buffettfest again this year?
    Where did your brother end up Gyron?

I was asked about another BuffettFest this year. I'm thinking about it. It's a lot of hard work.

I just got an email from him yesterday. He is still in Kuwait, but leaving at the end of this week. he said they are supposed to be headed to Baghdad, But that changes daily. More than likely though, Baghdad is the place he'll end up. He's in a Stryker unit so from what I understand, they end up getting sent to whatever hot spot there is. Not that I'm thrilled to hear that.

He said he's ready though. He's tired of the wait and the anticipation. He said it will drive you nuts.

I cannot express how much respect I have for the Stryker Brigades. Those guys are tough nuts. Fins Up and Head Down!

He is nuts. But I respect him deeply for it. He is a platoon leader of about 5 Strykers.

The funny thing to me is that my brother is probably leading 30-40 soldiers into combat. The same kid I used to stuff worms into his mouth while my other brothers held him down. Scares the hell out of me at the same time making me very proud of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron View Post
    He is nuts. But I respect him deeply for it. He is a platoon leader of about 5 Strykers.

The funny thing to me is that my brother is probably leading 30-40 soldiers into combat. The same kid I used to stuff worms into his mouth while my other brothers held him down. Scares the hell out of me at the same time making me very proud of him.
    I'm sure he thinks about those things too, Gyron . . . and is still proud you are his brother.

We got together for a few days before he left. We talked and joked around about it.

Did a lot of drinking, a little golfing and just a lot of goofing off. Lots of fun. something I'll never regret.

here is 2 hoping JO stays!
    lets go after a FA and come back guns blazing next season!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER