Thread: Harrington has NEVER asked for a trade!

Default Harrington has NEVER asked for a trade!

Harrington dismisses rumors
    By Mark Montieth
    mark.montieth@indystar.com
    January 26, 2004

WASHINGTON -- Al Harrington heard about last week's reports that he wants to be traded to New York, and he has a simple response.

"It was nonsense," he said.

A rumor out of New York made its way through the typical rounds of television, the Internet and talk radio that the Indiana Pacers forward wants a trade to the Knicks, where former Pacers coach Isiah Thomas is performing a makeover as team president.

The theory was that Harrington is frustrated coming off the Pacers' bench and wants a bigger role.

"I don't know where it came from," Harrington said following the Pacers' loss at Washington on Saturday. "I'm a Pacer right now. I'm happy to be a Pacer. Hopefully I'll help get this team to the Finals this year."

Harrington has acknowledged he wants to be a starter but also has maintained he's willing to continue playing off the bench. He ranks third on the team in scoring (12.8 ppg.) and minutes (31).

Harrington has met with Pacers CEO Donnie Walsh this season to discuss his role. But asked if he has requested a trade, he had an immediate and blunt reply.

"Never," he said.

So what is Harrington's state of mind?

"I'm happy," he said. "I'm happy that we're winning. There's no better feeling than that."

Harrington's real concern is his bruised right knee, which has troubled him since he collided with Jermaine O'Neal in a one-on-one game two days before training camp started.

He sat out Jan. 14 against Atlanta to rest it but has continued to be erratic. He hit 2-of-9 shots against Detroit on Tuesday and 3-of-10 in Friday's loss to Houston, but bounced back with one of his more energetic games of the season against the Wizards. He finished with a team-high 21 points on 8-of-14 shooting.

He gave credit to a treatment he received earlier in the day from orthopedist Dan Dyrek, who works with injured Pacers.

"(Friday) was probably the worst it ever felt," Harrington said. "It's funny; 16 hours later it feels like this."

Chinese fan makes trip

Sitting in his ninth-row seat at the MCI Center on Saturday, the Pacers' No. 1 fan in China was impressed.

"This is amazing," Holick Lee said.

Lee, 20, is on a 14-day vacation that will take him throughout the U.S. He took a train from New York to Washington on Saturday to catch the Pacers' game against the Wizards, purchasing a ticket as soon as the box office opened.

He became a fan during the Pacers' playoff runs of the mid-1990s. Lee, a college student, listens to nearly every radio broadcast via the Internet. There is a 13-hour time difference between his home in Guangzhou -- the third-largest city in China -- and Indianapolis, so most games start early in the morning for him.
    ----

Is Holick Lee one of our members? Hicks? Anybody?

Default Re: Harrington has NEVER asked for a trade!

Hollick Lee definatley was a member of the star forum, I'm not certain he ever made it over here but I conversed with him several times & he had me write an article for his magazine.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Hollick Lee definatley was a member of the star forum, I'm not certain he ever made it over here but I conversed with him several times & he had me write an article for his magazine.
    Thanks Mr. Peck! I knew I'd heard/read that name before.

Just a week or so before this forum crashed, "hollilee" had a thread on here asking for advice about how to buy tickets for the Pacers-Wizards game. He remarked that he was eager to see Reggie "for the very first time in my life".

Good to hear that he made it. I wish the Pacers had put on a better show for him, though.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Sports Logo

Yes that was definatly him. He was in here asking about tickets to the game and had a link to his website chinapacer.com (I dont remember the exact url)

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

AKA China Pacer????
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

AKA China Pacer????
    Yes, pre-crash he was ChinaPacer here and hollilee on starnews.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Yeah, he was talking about going to the wizards game from china and how he should get his tix.