Thread: Mike Dunleavy's blog (11/18)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Mike Dunleavy's blog (11/18)

http://my.nba.com/cms/2009/11/18/pra..._bout_practice

Practice? I'm talking 'bout practice!
    By Mike Dunleavy

Practice. We're not talking about a game. We're talking 'bout practice. Not a game. Practice.

That's what I'm finally up to these days. Normally, as a player this isn't something you get overly excited about (just ask A.I.), but since I haven't practiced since last January, I was a little gung-ho for my first one.

Thus far, it has gone well. I can go for an hour but they are keeping me in the half-court when we scrimmage. The next step of playing full-court should come real soon. After that, I'm hoping to get cleared to play for the real deal.

The only hold up in the foreseeable future is that we don't have a lot of practices coming up. With all the games we having over the next couple weeks, it makes it hard to squeeze in practices. I really need a week or so of good solid scrimmages before I'll feel comfortable or the training staff will give me the OK.

I'm trying to get everything back all at once: conditioning, timing, strength, etc. It's not like I've been out six weeks; it's been nine months since I've played so this takes some time.

That being said, once I get fully back, I may be a little rusty but I think I will be able to contribute to helping the team win games. My minutes will be limited at first but it was the same thing last year so I have a feel for how to be productive in short stints.

Then again, if we keep winning like the way we are, maybe I should just hold off and let these guys keep rolling. I don't want to ruin a good thing.

The team has won five in a row for the first time in years. Couple that with the Colts' undefeated start and things are looking good around here.

After we beat Boston on Saturday night, I got a chance to go to the Colts-Patriots game on Sunday night. It goes without saying that it was unbelievable. It was like a playoff atmosphere at the stadium and both teams put on a show. It doesn't get any better than a last-second victory over a rival opponent.

The fans thus far have been great and we look forward to even more support as the season moves along. It's gonna be fun to watch, I guarantee it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Mike Dunleavy's blog (11/18)

[yt]P_UlY_xaMPk[/yt]
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Can't wait for Mike to come back, he's a class act and a very good basketball player.

Definitely could use Dunleavy right now. Not liking the Ford/Watson backcourt that we're starting to see a little too much in my opinion.

I enjoy Rush and his defense but this guy needs some fire and emotion. He looks like a lost kid on the court most of the time. He's afraid to do wrong AND well! I'm not sure what finally clicked for him at the end of last year, but he needs to get back to it!

Dunleavy will just add so much when he comes back. Size on the wings, depth, shooting, great IQ, he just brings some much to the table.

Dahntay joins has been great, but we saw last night what can happen in 2nd half once the defense focuses on Granger. We need someone who can stop the cold streak, and someone that other defenses consistently need to worry about other then Danny.

Dunleavy is that guy.