Thread: coach's show on WIBC at 7:00 / Reggie on Dan Patrick earlier today

Default coach's show on WIBC at 7:00 / Reggie on Dan Patrick earlier today

Just in case anyone forgot Rick will be on in a few minutes on 1070 WIBC or WIBC.com.

Also did anyone else hear Reggie today on Dan Patrick? Nothing really new, talked about Randy johnson's perfect game and about KG's war comments. Reggie didn't think KG should be fined b/c it was heat of the moment and he appologized for it after reflecting on it. It was a pretty quick interview, maybe its up on the Dan Patrick show website I haven't checked.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: coach's show on WIBC at 7:00 / Reggie on Dan Patrick earlier today

Just in case anyone forgot Rick will be on in a few minutes on 1070 WIBC or WIBC.com.

Also did anyone else hear Reggie today on Dan Patrick? Nothing really new, talked about Randy johnson's perfect game and about KG's war comments. Reggie didn't think KG should be fined b/c it was heat of the moment and he appologized for it after reflecting on it. It was a pretty quick interview, maybe its up on the Dan Patrick show website I haven't checked.
    You know, it still really baffles me as to how the NBA is able to fine people for saying things like that. How does that circumvent the constitutional right to free speech?

Zesty

Reggie on the DP show was pretty funny. DP asked him if there was anything in basketball that was comparable to throwing a perfect game in baseball (with Johnson having done so the night before) and Reggie said not really, maybe having a triple-double while not missing any FG's.

DP asked if you're hot in basketball, people leave you alone like a pitcher who's hot so they don't jinx you. Reggie said that definitely happens, and that sometimes guys will take a really bad or ill-advised shot while they're on fire, and that's what you call a "heat check".

Then he was asked how hard it is to keep your composure when you get hit in a game like when Peeler threw that elbow and Garnett was able to keep his head and not fight back. Reg said it's tough and you could see in Garnett's eyes that he wanted to "strangle that little kid" (made me laugh) but he did a good job of keeping his head.

Short interview, only a couple minutes.

You know, it still really baffles me as to how the NBA is able to fine people for saying things like that. How does that circumvent the constitutional right to free speech?
    ya, you cant fine someone for making parrells to war lol, no matter how tactless and tasteless. What's the next step? Suspending players for speakin out against the war or criticizing the president? amazing

THIS IS THE GD USA GD IT!!

sweabs

ya, you cant fine someone for making parrells to war lol, no matter how tactless and tasteless. What's the next step? Suspending players for speakin out against the war or criticizing the president? amazing

THIS IS THE GD USA GD IT!!
    I remember when the War was starting our fellow Canadian Steve Nash spoke out against Bush...and living in Dallas and saying that didn't go over too well... .

I remember when the War was starting our fellow Canadian Steve Nash spoke out against Bush...and living in Dallas and saying that didn't go over too well... .
    *in roughest redneck voice* Send that damn Maple Syrup Farmin Hippy back to the Tundra!!!

sweabs

*in roughest redneck voice* Send that damn Maple Syrup Farmin Hippy back to the Tundra!!!
    Enjoy your pancakes - WITHOUT OUR FINE MAPLE SYRUP!!!

USE YOUR FAKE AUNT JEMIMA'S - YOU'LL COME CRAWLIN BACK - .

AUNT JEMIMA r0x0rs

The constitution restrains government force against free speech. What private institutions do is up to them.

[quote="Manuel"]
    The constitution restrains government force against free speech. What private institutions do is up to them.

God bless the CBA.
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.