Thread: 2004 WCF: #1 Wolves vs. #2 Lakers - Who will win?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default 2004 WCF: #1 Wolves vs. #2 Lakers - Who will win?

Well?

Default Re: 2004 WCF: #1 Wolves vs. #2 Lakers - Who will win?

I'm going to say in 6, taking Games 1, 3, 4, & 6.

Mood

I voted Lakers in 5, but immediately wished I'd said in 6.

They'll steal one of the Minny games, win at home, Minny gets one last stand, then they end it at LA.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

I thinking the same as Shade here. However, if the T'Wolves do win Game 1, then that'll completely alter my opinion. Then I'd say Minny in 7.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

I don't think this is a good matchup at all the T-Wolves. The Spurs and even the Rockets matched up better against the Lakers.

Plus the T-Wolves are beat up. The only player who could cause the lakers big problems is cassell and he is barely walking right now, and there is no rest between now and tomorrow night and then a game every other day.

Lakers in 6 at the most,

I'll be the contrarian and pick Minny in 7.

That's what I'm hoping for, sure, and my desires might be clouding my brain. But I like Minny's depth to wear out old LA legs.

Also, so far in the playoffs this year the Lakers are 2-3 on the road with the two victories being a one point miracle and a overtime win. They're clearly not the same team on the road and it shows.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

i picked minn in 7. sam cassell is not the only guy they have. there's this guy kevin something and he is really tall and pretty good and then also some guy named latrell and he's not bad either. the guys off their bench like hoiberg and szerbiak are solid and will help a good deal. basicly, i don't see why everyone seems so down on minn. i honestly think they have at least as good of a chance as the spurs. and definately better than the rockets did.
    this twolves team is better than some people think. don't be too surprised if they win this series. - i won't. i also won't be too surprised if the pacers win the east and stun all of those wonderful t.v. "experts"

Minny's got a shot, just because the Lakers aren't very good on the road. But that's the only reason - KG will get his but Cassell's hurt. The matchups all favor the Lakers.

LA in 6. I hope I'm wrong.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Zesty

I picked the Lakers in six and I also hope I'm wrong.

Ditto Zesty and Displaced Knick. Lakers in Six, but i hope I'm wrong. I'd rather see Minnesota in the finals.

flip

i picked minn in 7. sam cassell is not the only guy they have. there's this guy kevin something and he is really tall and pretty good and then also some guy named latrell and he's not bad either. the guys off their bench like hoiberg and szerbiak are solid and will help a good deal. basicly, i don't see why everyone seems so down on minn. i honestly think they have at least as good of a chance as the spurs. and definately better than the rockets did.
    this twolves team is better than some people think. don't be too surprised if they win this series. - i won't. i also won't be too surprised if the pacers win the east and stun all of those wonderful t.v. "experts"

I agree and hope you are right. I've bet on these two teams before the p/o's started.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Fakers in 5.

MUCH to my regret.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

As much as I hate to say it....Lakers in 6 ed: