Thread: Well, so much for some people's fear of Brad coming back to haunt us.

Default Well, so much for some people's fear of Brad coming back to haunt us.

No Finals MVP for him.

Remember that was the talk? I know Peck said something about it; and I'm positive he wasn't alone. That Brad's team would maket it farther, and that if we met each other in the Finals he'd be the reason we lost.

Well, that's no longer an issue.

Sorry for Brad though.

But hey, at least he made it out of the first round the same year we did.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Well, so much for some people's fear of Brad coming back to haunt us.

I wouldn't have worried , I woulda loved to seen some new blood in the Finals

I woulda loved a Finals of Kings vs Pacers , to me that would be a great series. Pacer vs Twolves is possiable still but I dunno we shall see.

Default Re: Well, so much for some people's fear of Brad coming back to haunt us.

No Finals MVP for him.

Remember that was the talk? I know Peck said something about it; and I'm positive he wasn't alone. That Brad's team would maket it farther, and that if we met each other in the Finals he'd be the reason we lost.

Well, that's no longer an issue.

Sorry for Brad though.

But hey, at least he made it out of the first round the same year we did.
    That's not quite what I said. I believe that it was more along the lines of irony of a "what if" question.

But Brad has been vaquished & we are still standing.

I have said all along that I will proclaim the genius of the trade if we make it to the finals & we are only one round away.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

I thought it was more along the lines of "not having brad miller is why we will lose in the finals"

What if...
    What if...
    what if...
    What if...

I thought it was more along the lines of "not having brad miller is why we will lose in the finals"

What if...
    What if...
    what if...
    What if...
    Show me the quote & I'll gladly say I'm wrong. I honestly don't remember exactly what I said or even where I said it, but I'm almost certain I was talking about the irony of what if we faced the Kings in the finals.

But either way like I said we are one round away from me eating my words.

On the other hand, I don't want to really start this entire debate now, but your signature could only be taken seriousley by an Indiana fan.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

That's not quite what I said. I believe that it was more along the lines of irony of a "what if" question.

But Brad has been vaquished & we are still standing.

I have said all along that I will proclaim the genius of the trade if we make it to the finals & we are only one round away.
    there was nothing genius about the "trade". But with Artest becoming a superstar, depending how you define that term, when Ronnie is up for a new cotnract the Pacers won't have Brad Miller on the books for 11 million at that time, when they will need those $$ for Ronnie

I think Brad's play last night was one of the chief reasons the Kings lost. He played like a rookie and kept turning the ball over in the 4th quarter.

Vlade Divac should have been in there instead.

What if...
    What if...
    what if...
    What if...
    Show me the quote & I'll gladly say I'm wrong. I honestly don't remember exactly what I said or even where I said it, but I'm almost certain I was talking about the irony of what if we faced the Kings in the finals.

But either way like I said we are one round away from me eating my words.

On the other hand, I don't want to really start this entire debate now, but your signature could only be taken seriousley by an Indiana fan.

I seem to remember you talking of 'what if' we get to the finals and lose because we lack a presence like that BradM brought to the team and then you went on to talk about the irony of 'what if' we get to the finals and The Kings and BradM is our opp there and he eats us up.

That's how I remember it.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

I think Brad's play last night was one of the chief reasons the Kings lost. He played like a rookie and kept turning the ball over in the 4th quarter.

He did seem to make some major screw-ups. Particularly the turnover. Ironically his lame followup that Garnett swatted actually allowed Sacto to get another chance at a 3.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

He did seem to make some major screw-ups. Particularly the turnover. Ironically his lame followup that Garnett swatted actually allowed Sacto to get another chance at a 3.
    He made a lazy pass in the last 30 seconds that KG picked off. Twice they passed to him right under the basket and he got tied up for jump balls. He missed a layup in the last couple minutes. He passed into a double team one time. Let's see . . . wasn't it him that missed the two free throws at halftime? Like I said, he played like a rookie.

I bet Brad is already back in Indiana
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

For the people that are blaming BradM for the Kings loss...
    Would the Kings have even been in this round of the playoffs, or with the seeding they had, without him this season?

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

PacerStud

The Kings season went south when Webber started playing again.

sweabs

The Kings season went south when Webber started playing again.
    Webber's game has just taken a 360 since that injury - feel bad for him.
    Like Doug Collins was mentioning last night, he just doesn't have the athleticism any more and cannot post up like he used to - his leg will just not support it.
    And have you seen him run down the court? I bet you Oliver Miller could beat him in the 100m.

Webber's game has just taken a 360 since that injury -
    He wishes.

I don't blame Brad for any of the losses.

I blame it all on Peja. Averaging what...25-26 pts a game.

I know he rebounded and defended pretty well, but needed to be main source for points.

Points win a ball game. You all say it takes Defense to win a Championship. Ask Detriot about being full of D and a little O.

Peja was needed to score in the playoffs and came up empty.

Sucks to lose. Let's just pray the Pacer's don't feel this anymore.

Sactolover
    AKA Sactolover05

Brad also missed two critical free throws down the stretch of last night's game.

I don't miss him at all. He played like he was worth $67 million in the first half of this season, but after the all-star break he played more like he was worth about what Indy would have paid him to stay. Letting him go looks pretty spot on to me right now.

Simply put, Peck, Walsh was right and both you and your most strident cohort, Ragnar, were wrong. You should've started eating your words when Brad injured himself shortly after the all-star break, and by the end of last night's game you should've been shîtting them out.

I also remember all the "It's time for Walsh to retire" talk going on here and at the IS forum afterwards. I think Hicks even started a thread about it with a poll. ed:

For the people that are blaming BradM for the Kings loss...
    Would the Kings have even been in this round of the playoffs, or with the seeding they had, without him this season?

-Bball

I thought Brad was a chief reason the Kings lost last night, but I didn't put all the blame on him.

To answer your question, nobody knows how the King's season would have went without Brad. If one person can speculate so can another. For all we know they might have been the team that worked a trade for Wallace instead of Detroit and been better because of it.

The fact remains even though Brad is a good player, he sucked in the 4th quarter last night.

I also remember all the "It's time for Walsh to retire" talk going on here and at the IS forum afterwards. I think Hicks even started a thread about it with a poll. ed:
    :finger: No I didn't.

Someone did. Thought it was you.

Anyone else remember that thread/poll?

Yeah you did! I even rememeber the tital, Should Walsh retire from the Hicks?

Hmmm maybe that was Displaced Knick?

Yeah you did! I even rememeber the tital, Should Walsh retire from the Hicks?

Hmmm maybe that was Displaced Knick?
    I swear I don't remember that.

Which means I probably did. However, even if I did, that was right off the heals of me being absolutely, positively PISSED that Walsh let Brad leave, that I was hardly thinking clearly at that point. I was very, very angry. Obviously he shouldn't have retired. So, whether I did or not, the important thing is now, and what I now think is no, he should not retire, but I'll always be unhappy that he let Brad go, whether it was right or wrong, and that's because I loved Brad and he gave us a true Center.

LAPacer

Even though I am a somewhat of a BMiller fan (since he did play at Purdue and for the Pacers) I was kinda happy to see him turn the ball over and miss those free throws. Kinda makes it hurt less to lose an all star center

At the beginning of the season, I said that us letting him go for nothing (Pollard) would be judged as a good/bad move by Brad's ability (or lack thereof) to stay healthy and productive for an entire season, something he'd never done up to that point. So, I guess, up to this point, letting him go was a good thing.