Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 90

Thread: McCleod better then Tinsley.

  1. #1

    Default McCleod better then Tinsley.

    Give me a training camp with McCleod as the starting PG. Very impressive last two games. I hope the Pacers re-sign him.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

  2. #2
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,396

    Default Re: McCleod better then Tinsley.

    Never! Jamaalstar Tinsley is the best point guard in the league!

  3. #3
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,271

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: McCleod better then Tinsley.

    There aren't enough smilies on the planet to emphasize how much I disagree with you, aceace.

  4. #4
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: McCleod better then Tinsley.

    Is McLeod better than Tinsley - NO, he isn't. Is Peja better than Artest - NO, he isn't.

    The question really isn't who is better - That really matters very little. The question should be who is better for this Pacers team. I don't know how good McLeod really is - or how good he'll fit in here long term. But I do know Tinsley's time here is over.

    So, I'll say this. If someone asked me right now. The choice is either Tinsley as the Pacers starting point guard next season or McLeod - and those are your only two choices. I would choose McLeod without a second thought.

  5. #5

    Default Re: McCleod better then Tinsley.

    I've been pretty hard on him with my opinions, but he's really played well these past two games. His on the ball defense is much, much better than I thought, and aside from two telegraphed passes he's made good decisions. He even made to halfcourt passes for easy baskets; one's that Tinsley usually puts in the front row. And he plays with a passion I didn't know he had. Also, our team offense is no longer shooting in the low 40s because the ball movement has been a lot better and our PG isn't chucking up 14 shots at a 39% clip. And assists are up 2 per game, points 13 per game; all despite Jermaine having two subpar games and turnover problems. Of course we've played weaker teams, but we were playing weaker teams before these two wins.


    Let's put it this way: raise your hand if you've missed Tinsley in the past two games....

    ::waiting::

  6. #6
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,396

    Default Re: McCleod better then Tinsley.

    + = Jamaalstar

  7. #7
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: McCleod better then Tinsley.

    At this point, I think most would agree that I'm a better PG than Tinsley.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  8. #8
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,170

    Default Re: McCleod better then Tinsley.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    + = Jamaalstar


  9. #9
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: McCleod better then Tinsley.

    He is not better than Tinsley. He never will be better than Tinsley. But like UB is saying, McLeod may be better for the team.

  10. #10
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,271

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: McCleod better then Tinsley.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    + = Jamaalstar
    Please stop. I already can't stand "Starbury."

  11. #11

    Default Re: McCleod better then Tinsley.

    Think the Cowboys want him?

  12. #12
    Member andreialta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pleasanton
    Age
    25
    Posts
    528

    Default Re: McCleod better then Tinsley.

    Mcleoud may develop, tho i still think Jamaaal, is not even close to be compared to him
    [SIGPIC]Dun Dun shooting form![/SIGPIC]

  13. #13

    Default Re: McCleod better then Tinsley.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is not better than Tinsley. He never will be better than Tinsley. But like UB is saying, McLeod may be better for the team.
    As a starter? Are you guys serious?

  14. #14

    Default Re: McCleod better then Tinsley.

    Tinsley is a very bad starting NBA point guard, but McLeod would probably be a little worse.

  15. #15

    Default Re: McCleod better then Tinsley.

    Everyone knows that Tinsley is very talented, but that doesn't mean ***** because he plays so poorly a lot of the time. When he's "on" it's hard to beat him, but so is Stephon Marbury.

    I'd still probably take Tinsley over McLeod, but I'd rather see McLeod right now because he's better defensively and he gets rid of one our biggest weaknesses (FG%) just by not chucking up 14 shots/game.

  16. #16
    Member Roferr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    70
    Posts
    562

    Default Re: McCleod better then Tinsley.

    Wins speak for themselves. As another poster said, he may not be better but he's better for this team.
    .

  17. #17
    Member indyman37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    906

    Default Re: McCleod better then Tinsley.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kraft View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think the Cowboys want him?
    Tinsley + TO = BEST 1-2 PUNCH IN THE NFL!!!

  18. #18

    Default Re: McCleod better then Tinsley.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roferr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wins speak for themselves. As another poster said, he may not be better but he's better for this team.
    Since when does individual talent outrank team offense and defense. As someone said, McCleod plays better defense, isn't that 50% of the game? He's getting the ball in the right place. If this were the 61 win season (in which Tins was very good) this thread would not have appeared.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

  19. #19
    Member Wu-Gambino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Avon, IN
    Posts
    429

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: McCleod better then Tinsley.

    I like the way McCleod has been playing, but come on, the last two games we've played were against the Bobcats and the Celtics.

  20. #20
    Member Roferr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    70
    Posts
    562

    Default Re: McCleod better then Tinsley.

    Quote Originally Posted by aceace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since when does individual talent outrank team offense and defense. As someone said, McCleod plays better defense, isn't that 50% of the game? He's getting the ball in the right place. If this were the 61 win season (in which Tins was very good) this thread would not have appeared.
    If this was the 61 win season, there's multitudes of posts that wouldn't be appearing.

    I'd sure love to see Tins move on.
    .

  21. #21
    J.O. To The T.O. Oneal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,459

    Default Re: McCleod better then Tinsley.

    I don't think so!!!

  22. #22
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,271

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: McCleod better then Tinsley.

    It's been TWO GAMES against TWO OF THE WORST TEAMS IN THE NBA.

    Talk about jumping the shark.

  23. #23
    Banned Big Smooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,204

    Default Re: McCleod better then Tinsley.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is not better than Tinsley. He never will be better than Tinsley. But like UB is saying, McLeod may be better for the team.
    I can't agree with saying McLeod is better for the team than Tinsley. It's one thing to say the team is better off without Tinsley but that doesn't mean the team gets better by inserting whatever average player strikes your fancy at the moment. I think the person who started the thread is letting their Tinsley frustration get to them a bit too much.

  24. #24

    Default Re: McCleod better then Tinsley.

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Smooth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't agree with saying McLeod is better for the team than Tinsley. It's one thing to say the team is better off without Tinsley but that doesn't mean the team gets better by inserting whatever average player strikes your fancy at the moment. I think the person who started the thread is letting their Tinsley frustration get to them a bit too much.
    He may be better for a transition between post tinsley and new PG. I am not impressed that Tinsley is capable of being a really good PG. He either brings it every night or he doesn't and too often he just doesn't. So what good is it to say he is better if he doesn't play that way. There are lots of people who have talent and don't use it. Tinsley is one of those.

  25. #25
    Dream Big
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Posts
    2,670

    Default Re: McCleod better then Tinsley.

    The guy was a stud in Utah, he just needs some consistent playing time which at this point in the season I hope he gets.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •